The How to Sell My Player Thread: Raikan007

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 17K
This seems like the right thread for this. I do not have much experience with the European Football leagues and am not sure how you all handle this. My question is, when is the best time to sell an elite player who has definitely outgrown your team but you don't want to lose him for nothing? The year before the final year of his contract? At mid point of his final year?

I am so scared that I am about to lose what will easily be the most lucrative player I have ever had for a free. I am almost to the midpoint of his final year on his contract. I have one more open window at mid season that I can try but will it even work?

hey bud,

who are you managing and who is it?

is he refusing to sign a new contract with you? if you wait until the mid season transfer window and try and "sell" him all the clubs who would be interested would just offer him a contract to leave on Bosman!

You need to start selling him now and agree a price before his last 6 months and try see if they will let the transfer go through at the end of the season rather than halfway :)

I am Mordovia playing in Russia's Premier League. I am definitely too small of a market for this guy and his agent laughed off my interest to re-sign him. He led League 1 in goals leading my team to first place and promotion. Despite that, NOT ONE TEAM has expressed interest in him, a 21 year old 5 star elite.

I thought if I delayed the transaction until the end of the season, then they got him for nothing when his current contract expired?

I've got a backup player, who I want to sell because there are too many people in his position and he wants a new challenge. He's worth $11M and is 26 yo. I offer him out for $14M and get back $3.5M loan offers with $10.5M option to buy. I'm happy to accept but not to English clubs in my league. The only foreign team is Lazio, but the player isn't interested in going on loan to Lazio even with the option to buy.

I think I last offered with monthly installments and I haven't got replies yet, but I'm pessimistic that I'll get a proper offer...

I've got a backup player, who I want to sell because there are too many people in his position and he wants a new challenge. He's worth $11M and is 26 yo. I offer him out for $14M and get back $3.5M loan offers with $10.5M option to buy. I'm happy to accept but not to English clubs in my league. The only foreign team is Lazio, but the player isn't interested in going on loan to Lazio even with the option to buy.

I think I last offered with monthly installments and I haven't got replies yet, but I'm pessimistic that I'll get a proper offer...
Loan to another club in your league because he won't play against you first season and if he is not good enough for your squad he's unlikely to cost you the title or a couple of points.

I tried to give Michael Owen away for nothing and still nobody wanted him, Park always demands money to move. Very frustrating!!

I tried to give Michael Owen away for nothing and still nobody wanted him, Park always demands money to move. Very frustrating!!

his wages are pretty high.. you will struggle getting rid of him without cancelling his contract before the end of the first season.. If you load up Russia as playable, Zenit always offer me double his value and never pay him out a cent...

Thank you i will try that. Hopefully someone will come in for them

Back