Reaction score
"The work of a team should always embrace a great player but the great player must always work."

689748d1411994488-completed-alex-ferguson-glory-days-flat-4-4-2-4-2-2-2-artisan-sir-alex-ferguson-hd-wallpapers.jpg

Widely regarded as one of the best managers of modern-day football, Sir Alex Ferguson took over Manchester United when they languished second from bottom of the English First Division (as it was back in 1986) and led them to 38 trophies.

Tactically astute, and not afraid to call out poor behaviour when he saw it, Sir Alex built his united teams on a strong backbone and selected 'flair players' (see: Class of 92, CR7, etc) and that solid foundation and reluctance to spend massively on players unless he was absolutely certain, saw United finish no lower than 3rd between 1992 and Sir Alex's departure in 2013.

The object of this challenge is to try to replicate the incredible turnaround which Sir Alex produced at Manchester United. I have set myself a few rules to make this more challenging than the usual 'sim till November and take the 2nd bottom side' challenge that is the typical Sir Alex Ferguson challenge.

Firstly, I am aiming for no less than 5 home-grown players In every match day squad after the first season; by giving myself until season 2, I am hopefully going to have enough time to re-structure the squad and build a solid backbone.

Secondly, I will look to develop youngsters and either retain them, or sell them on for reasonable sums which will be reinvested in the youth setup of the club I end up at.

Thirdly, I will be aiming to:

• Win a domestic cup within 4 years
    Win a league title within 7 years
    Win a league and cup double within 8 years
    Win the treble within 10 years

And the club I will be taking to these giddy heights?