ZeCarlos

Reaction score
View attachment 455556June 2013
Hodgson Steps Down

View attachment 455558

65-year-old Roy Hodgson has stepped down from his role as manager of the England national team. The former Inter Milan, West Bromwich Albion and Fulham manager leaves the side in 1st position in their World Cup Qualifying Group with four games to go. The much-travelled manager announced his resignation after 13 months in the job following a summer of transition in the Football Association which saw the introduction of the FA Commission and re-positioning of several staff members.

During the announcement, Hodgson stated he and FA Chairman Greg **** had been in discussions for a month or two about his possible resignation with the organisation - including Hodgson - eyeing younger candidates to take charge of the team. Hodgson indicated his resignation was purely his own decision as he hoped a younger manager would be able to take long-term charge of the national team which needed a "dramatic remodel."

In his official announcement, Hodgson stated: "My year in charge of England has been a fascinating challenge. To lead my country to the UEFA European Championships was an excellent achievement in my career and an experience I'll never forget. However, I now feel it's time to hand over the reigns to someone a little younger. I think the FA and the country as a whole has recognised it's time for the national team to undergo a dramatic remodel because we've underperformed for several years now. Since my appointment, I'd like to think I've brought some stability and installed some form of belief amongst the team so it's now time to hand over to someone who can take charge for the next five, ten or fifteen years. I'm thankful to the England fans and will continue to be involved with the FA in a behind the scenes role."

FA officials have said that Hodgson has been in discussions with them for some time considering potential replacements. Their statement said a shortlist of several candidates had been drawn up and each candidate will now undergo a thorough examining to determine who's the correct candidate to take charge of the England national team. Their full statement read: "We would like to place on record our sincere thanks to Roy for the successful year he's had in charge of England. He'll remain in the organisation away from the public eye and continues to be committed to the improvement of the England national team. We have several targets in mind and will release a statement in due course regarding the appointment of a successor."

Very interesting concept are you going to use a former footballer again?

Very interesting concept are you going to use a former footballer again?

yeah mate.

To anybody interested, I may not have an update tonight. Have a lot of exam revision to do before tomorrow.

yeah mate.

To anybody interested, I may not have an update tonight. Have a lot of exam revision to do before tomorrow.
Please be Dean Ashton! :p

Good luck as always, mate, I'm sure it'll be a great story - I'll be following! Good to see you've gone with England too, it should be an interesting career.

View attachment 454840
July 2013
FA Appoint Beckham

View attachment 454839

Former Manchester United and Real Madrid midfielder David Beckham has put plans to buy an MLS expansion team on hold in order to take charge of the England national team. The 38-year-old has signed a three year contract which will see him lead the team out at next years World Cup and the European Championships of 2016 - permitting the team qualify for both tournaments.

After Roy Hodgson's resignation last month, the FA contacted several managers in order to whittle down their shortlist of potential managers and after extended discussions, Beckham signed a deal which will see him take immediate charge with his first game being a friendly against Ghana on the 14th of August. The former midfielder, who earned 115 senior England caps, also brings in his own backroom staff as the FA look to complete an overhaul which started during the summer. Following Beckham's appointment, coach Gary Neville was immediately promoted to Assistant Manager. Former Tottenham Hotspur pair Tim Sherwood and Jamie Redknapp were given jobs in the set-up as coaches. Sherwood, who earned 3 senior England caps, is currently Under-21 Manager at Tottenham Hotspur. David Seaman was the next appointment as he replaced the retiring Ray Clemence as one of two Goalkeeping Coaches - the other being David Watson. Paul Winsper was appointed Fitness Coach and will share the same job as Chris Neville.

Meanwhile, Beckham also sanctioned drastic changes in the roles of the Under-21 and Under-19 squads. Charlton manager Chris Powell will share his role at The Valley with that of England Under-21 Manager. Tony Carr, who is Head of Youth Development at West Ham United, has been appointed England Under-19 Manager. Jamie Carragher, Brian Eastick and Paul Scholes were all given roles as Under-21 Coaches. Senior manager David Beckham apparently suggested all of the staff transfers with FA Chairman Greg **** santioncing the movements.

Upon his appointment, Beckham released a statement via his agent: "I'm very pleased to be appointed as Manager of the England national team. I will do my utmost to secure the teams' position as one of the best footballing nations and have full confidence in my incoming staff members. First and foremost of my job is to get the countries' position at next years World Cup secured and I'll look to do that as soon as possible. In my time as manager, I'm willing to give whoever gives their all in games for not just their country - but also their club - a chance in the team and will look to move the team forward with a mix of experience and youth. I believe we have an excellent set of youngsters currently coming through and my squad selections will, depending on injuries, prove that. I'm looking forward to my first game in charge against Ghana who I have no doubt will offer us some fierce competition as they fight to prove themselves amongst the world's elite."

View attachment 454752
August
England - Ghana Preview

View attachment 454751

David Beckham has named his first 23-man squad since his appointment as manager of the England national team. There are several surprise inclusions as experienced players such as Phil Jagielka and Frank Lampard miss out to allow space for the likes of Steven Caulker, Adam Lallana and Andros Townsend.

In recent weeks, David Beckham and his assistant, Gary Neville, have been spotted at several grounds monitoring various different goalkeepers as they look to remedy the lack of a permanent back-up goalkeeper to Joe Hart. Fraser Forster, who has no caps, has been monitored closely in the early stages of the UEFA Champions League Qualifying Rounds whilst John Ruddy, Alex McCarthy and Jack Butland have also been viewed. Manchester City defender Micah Richards, who has 13 senior caps, has been recalled to the squad after Beckham and Neville were both impressed by the 25-year-old after a friendly game against Werder Bremen. Several members of Englands coaching staff viewed Adam Lallana in all of Southampton's friendly games over the summer and were obviously impressed as he is in line for his first cap.

Meanwhile, Ghana manager Kwesi Appiah names a squad which is nearly full-strength. Al-Ain striker Asamoah Gyan is the only notable player of absence as Ghana visit Wembley Stadium for the first time since their 1-1 draw in March of 2011. The Ghanaian national team have already won their World Cup Qualifying Group - which includes Guinea, Botswanna and Lesotho - having won all 5 of their games so far.

England 23-man Squad

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, Fraser Forster, John Ruddy.

Defenders: Glen Johnson, Micah Richards, Chris Smalling, Gary Cahill, Steven Caulker, Phil Jones, Ashley Cole, Leighton Baines.

Midfielders: Ross Barkley, Michael Carrick, Steven Gerrard, Adam Lallana, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jack Rodwell, Andros Townsend, Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere.

Forwards: Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Danny Welbeck.

Ghana 23-man Squad

Goalkeepers: Richard Kingson, Adam Larsen Kwarasey, Razak.

Defenders: Jerry Vandam, Samuel Inkoom, Nana Asare, Baba Rahman, John Mensah, John Boye, Jonathan Mensah.

Midfielders: Bismark Adjei-Boateng, Kwadwo Asamoah, Mubarak Wakaso, Sulley Muntari, Michael Essien, Andre Ayew, Isaac Cofie, Albert Adomah, Kevin-Prince Boating, Jordan Ayew.

Forwards: Godsway Donyoh, Richmond Boakye, Dominic Adiyiah.

David Beckhams Opinion

"For my first squad I've decided to drop several experienced players to give the younger lads a chance. While I'm in charge I want my team to play high-tempo football, pushing the opposition as high up the pitch as we can and being fearless right across the park. Ghana will prove to be a tough test as they play high-intensity football and that's something I'm aiming for here so it'll be a good challenge for the players to go out and battle with a team playing in a similar manner. The result is always important in games but I'm encouraging my players to go out today, adopt a specific style of football and enjoy it. If we come off winners, then it's a fantastic workout and everybody goes home happy but even if we come away losers with a good display, it'll be a good session of football which will allow myself and the coaching team to further assess the players."

Kwesi Appiahs Opinion

"It's a great pleasure for our team to visit Wembley for the second time in just 2 years. Before, we put up a good fight and managed to get a draw against a strong team so hopefully we can do that again. England are looking stronger than they have for several years with the young players coming through so it's definitely going to be a challenge for my players but hopefully they'll do our nation proud. It's definitely going to be a tough game because it's David Beckham's first game and we have no idea how they're going to play, or who they're going to play but we're looking forward too it. It's a great pleasure."

Great update, how long to you plan to keep this going? up to the world cup or beyond?

Nice one mate, I'm in a England save atm about to play Russia in the semi-final...if I win I play Germany, 66 repeat hopefully!

Nice squad, I especially like the inclusion of Steven Caulker - he's a very talented young centre-back, something England lack! Are you watching the England game right now?

Nice squad, I especially like the inclusion of Steven Caulker - he's a very talented young centre-back, something England lack! Are you watching the England game right now?

Yeah mate, attitude of some of the players is dreadful!