The Shots

Banned
Reaction score
"Island Games

A multi-sports event organised by the International Island Games Association (IGA). There are now 23 members: Åland, Alderney, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Frøya, Gibraltar, Gotland, Greenland, Guernsey, Hitra, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Jersey, Orkney, Prince Edward Island, Rhodos, Saaremaa, Saint Helena, Sark, Shetland, Ynys Môn (Anglesey).

Not all members compete in the football tournament. The Faroe Islands participated until 1991. The tournament is of importance for the members who have an independant football association, but do not compete in regular international football: Åland, Gibraltar, Greenland, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Shetland and to lesser extent Saint Helena."

Okay, In reality, there is an event similar to the Olympics for European Islands. (Islands owned by European countries.)

I am planning on creating a league system for the National Teams, however make them clubs with the nation/islands best players. There will be cups etc. and it will be like a proper league system. I don't expect people to get past a few seasons, so I will have big prize money etc. and they will replace San Marino as a Nation. Hopefully, you will be able to conquer Europe :)

Islands Competing:

Åland Islands
Alderney
Bermuda
Falkland Islands
Faroe Islands
Frøya
Gibraltar
Gotland
Greenland
Guernsey
Hitra
Isle of Man
Isle of Wight
Jersey
Minorca
Orkney
Rhodes
Saaremaa
Sark
Shetland
Western Isles
Ynys Môn

For example one club will be called Åland Islands FC. I will use the National Team info from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Åland_Islands_national_football_team and make the club part of the league based in San Marino. I will assign the players to their clubs using the 2009 games squads. EG:

Pos. Player Date of birth (age) Caps Goals Club
GK Simon Enqvist October 2, 1988 (age 22) IFK Mariehamn
GK Kim Lindholm January 27, 1990 (age 21) Sunds IF
DF Fredrik Appel April 8, 1991 (age 19) IFK Mariehamn
DF Tomas Lindholm May 8, 1990 (age 20) Hammerlands IK
DF William Lindström January 13, 1989 (age 22)
DF Joakim Signell April 12, 1986 (age 24) IF Finströms Kamraterna
MF Wilhelm Ingves January 10, 1990 (age 21) IFK Mariehamn
MF Petter Isaksson September 11, 1989 (age 21) Sunds IF
MF Simon Snickars August 7, 1989 (age 21) Sunds IF
MF David Welin October 8, 1986 (age 24) Hammerlands IK
FW Andre Karring March 9, 1990 (age 20) Hammerlands IK
FW Alexander Weckström March 27, 1987 (age 23) IF Finströms Kamraterna
Jimmy Sundman Sunds IF
John Mattsson Sunds IF
Johannes Nordström IFK Mariehamn
Tony Jansson Hammerlands IK
Linus Gestranius Hammerlands IK
Andreas Björk Jomala IK
Rezgar Amani
Fabian Söderdahl

I will aslo make all the players -10 and they will be on contract until 2015.

Any info on players, or you have any questions, fell free to post.