The Italian Job 4-2-3-1(false 2-4-3-1) New approach to defensive line understanding

• Thread starter Thread starter ss11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 30K

ss11

Hello everyone,

Patch 13.2.2 PLEASE SCROLL DOWN BELOW FOR LATEST FILES AND TWEAKS

You will play with two defensive line within match, WBs and DMs are elevator of your formation in your second defensive line they will both defend support and attack, your ball playing defenders with cover duty will pick through balls and avoid opponents crossed balls to their strikers and when they pick the ball they will play to WBs DMs Wingers or AP

This tactic is not banging high amount goals per match, i like consistent performance within whole season with squad rotation, 1-0 2-0 2-1 better than 5-0 9-0 finally losing 1-2, this years FM is best so far and realistic there is no childish match engine exploit bullshits or weird full attacking tactical approachs anymore, dont blame the game, this is simulation, attend press conferences, set team meetings and talk to your players before match and half time.

Preseason and season training

General training "fitness" intensity high, match training "tactics only" intensity highest more match training, wait till full of tactical familiarity bar, when the season starts change general training to "balance" with average intensity, if tactical familiarity bar seems filled please change match training to "teamwork" for home matches and "defensive pos." for away matches with average intensity(Optional always Def. Positioning if you have weak team), tick on both rest before and after match.

***I advice at least 10 preseason friendly***

Individual training focus

Set your all players to their familiar roles within tactical formation.For instance, strikers will be trained as Advanced forward,defenders will be trained as ball playing defender etc.

Team Talks

Passionate for home matches and Assertive for away matches

Shouts

I dont use shouts

Opponent player instructions

Let Assman do it for me or dont use it

Pitch size

Max

Player Roles and Duties

CBs are ball playing defenders with covering duty(MOST IMPORTANT PART OF TACTIC)

WBs with defending duty but they will support and attack by run from deep as natural

DMs both support attacking movements and defend with taking natural positions of CBs

AP is playmaker,drop deep and pick the ball from WBs DMs and spray passes to who is in charge

Wingers with attacking duty with large amount of crossing by the line and through balls to who supports attacking line(TWEAKED FROM HUG TOUCHLINE TO NORMAL, CHECK A-2 TACTIC)

Striker is advanced forward with attacking duty(TWEAKED TO COMPLETE FORWARD TO SUPPORT MIDFIELD, CHECK A-2 TACTIC)

Corner Organizations

1 Bpd near post flick on, 1 Bpd challenge keeper, AP lurk outside area, wingbacks stay back and others go forward

Here there is good example 4 goals from my corner organizations in a euro cup match

[video=youtube;SU8mKfr3PXQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU8mKfr3PXQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

10 Man Situation

Better to take striker back

LATEST TWEAKS AND OPINIONS 22.01.13

"""IN ADDITION TO PREVIOUS TACTICS, TACTIC A-2 ADDED PLEASE CHECK DOWNLOAD LINKS BELOW"""

-Marking is zonal and "man marking for WBs - DMs" and never use offside trap
-Passing DEFAULT for A, MORE DIRECT for B
-Style BALANCED
-Closing down DEFAULT for A, STAND OFF MORE for B
-Starting strategy with standard at home and counter for away against tough teams, its very important to handle match strategy, you need to change it depends on scoring advantages-disadvantages
-Counter attack always tick on
-Tight Marking is variable between tactic A,B
-Tactic B is midfield game against crowded midfields like 3-5-2 etc. Always use for away matches
-If you are using tactic A at home you can take AP from amc position to MC against crowded midfields without changing game strategy and playing style
-Always squad rotation after 3 match, i divided my team to a(main squad) and b(backups)
-Never use same formation, as usual game starts to get familiar to your tactics and formation

Final Version 22.01.13

Tactics download links:

HOME:
Tactic A: A.tac
A1-for midfield,home: A-1.tac
A2-for midfield,home: A-2.tac

AWAY:
Tactic B: B.tac

Italian Super Cup vs Juve

[video=youtube;Dszo6sOfrco]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dszo6sOfrco&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Serie A match vs Parma

[video=youtube;f4_yO2VaN-U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4_yO2VaN-U&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Euro Cup match vs Sporting Lisbon

[video=youtube;Tc2kOPv_AqQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc2kOPv_AqQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
I plugged this in to my season with Wolves, as I was doing quite badly, here are the results, only played 6 games with it;

Leicester 2 - 5 Wolves
Middlesbrough 0 - 0 Wolves
Wolves 2 - 1 Watford
Wolves 4 - 1 Blackpool
Wolves 5 - 0 Huddersfield
Nottm Forest - 0 - 2 Wolves

As you can see, been scoring quite a lot, and conceding very few, 20 goals in 6 games, conceding 6, extremely good! Will use this until January and report back with the results from then! If it continues like this, so far this is the best tactic I've used!

Goals are coming from all over in the team.

Zaha (RW) has 6 in 6.
Melikson (CAM) has 2 in 5.
Strandberg (CD) has 3 in 6.
Berra (CD) has 1 in 6.
Ward (LB) has 1 in 1.
Doyle (ST) has 3 in 1.
Kweuke (ST) has 2 in 5.

hi mate! ive played aorund with this formation myself. do you prefer the AMC or winger formation? and do you make any changes for away games?

Looks very promising..

Nice and clear presentation of your tactic.

I've only one question, do you change strategy often in a match or like you say depending on the score?

I prefer winger formation i didnt try my Amc tactic yet this is my backup if you try my backup AMC tactic pls post results here, Of course i do changes within match especially for away matches, if i am underdog or against any strong team my starting strategy is counter and depends on game situation i shifting between counter-standard-control. Never forget match training as defensive positioning for away and strong teams

hi mate! ive played aorund with this formation myself. do you prefer the AMC or winger formation? and do you make any changes for away games?

Of course i do changes within match especially for away matches, if i am underdog or against any strong team my starting strategy is counter and depends on game situation i shifting between counter-standard-control. Never forget match training as defensive positioning for away and strong teams, As per my posted results says above, i started with counter against sporting lisbon that i was underdog and scored 6 goals and in last quarter i changed my strategy from counter to control to bang more goals. I obtained advantage from being underdog

Looks very promising..

Nice and clear presentation of your tactic.

I've only one question, do you change strategy often in a match or like you say depending on the score?

[video=youtube;oyriS01QF0M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyriS01QF0M[/video]

Had some good results in friendlies and league with your tactic then this happened in euro cup ! still won though :) nice tactic

LOOL Reina epic fail, btw i edited my tactics to V2 which is shorter passing to default due to opponents tight marking game, there is a tactic b also for away formation and against crowded midfield opponents.Still need ideas and tweaks from other football manager fans,lets complete and find best way for this formation.

Cheers

I'll try my wingbacks with support duty,reduced long shots of course, if i find it enough defensive i'll continue with this way

We started with Juventus .. very good tactic for home games ... but many yellow and red .. very difficult away games.I won Seria A and went with the team only 2 transfers UCL semifinal against Real Madrid we lost away to 7-1, scoru the tour was 5-1.
the rest is a good tactic .. one of the best with the new patch 13.2.1.
I put some pictures to see how was my game.Sorry for my english.

My team:
Juventus_TacticsOverview_zps8f6b090e.png

My transfers(first seazon):

Juventus_TransfersHistory_zpsbf0afe53.png

Seria A:

SerieA_OverviewStages_zps7efd1f03.png

Some results:

Juventus_MatchesSchedule-3_zps24b455f7.png

Juventus_MatchesSchedule-2_zpsfc9f755a.png

Juventus_MatchesSchedule_zpsa280e512.png

epic games :)):

JuventusvRMadrid_OverviewOverview_zps9a53d68f.png

JuventusvInter_OverviewOverview_zps4204fa4b.png

JuventusvChelsea_OverviewOverview_zps31f4fb14.png

Nice to see an epic season with juventus crevetzel, yes tactic is good but if you gonna lose you lose hahah,I also struggled sometimes but at least we find little consistency for this fckng match engine loool, that was my first career after fm12, i will post my season screenshots soon. Peace bro

As far as I can see not put based on strikers.
Most goals give midfield and the side ...
So I acquired on Lorente -for nothing from Athletic free ::))))

never miss Llorente, my cavani banging goals without striker we can not keep the ball forward
In what season you play with them napoli ... from what I see;)
Italy's Juventus fan I am, I'm from romania and my team. favorite is Steaua Bucureşti.
In FM12 I played six seasons with Napoli have won just about everything :))), have some good players there.

This is my first season with Napoli side i never play more than 3 seasons with same team because of regens quit and new career always, i like to play with real players, and now i am playing with litmanen, alex de souza and ronaldinho in napoli loool, next career will be monaco fc and then villareal fc

Back