The Italian Job 4-2-3-1(false 2-4-3-1) New approach to defensive line understanding

• Thread starter Thread starter ss11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 30K
It is important to have those 2 DMs in one line just ahead defenders, isn it ? I wonder if i could move one of them to MC but leaving the same duties.

no way cause dms taking places of dcs beside their supportive duties dont forget as thread says you have two defensive line, btw you can play with A-1 tactic if you feel more comfortable with mc

Hi mate, gonna give this tactic a wee test with Roma. In my third season with them won the champions league last year but only finished second in the league. Is the A tactic for home and B away? Im confused there:)

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

Yes please use Tactic A for home matches and tactic A-1 for home matches against crowded midfiled formations like 3-5-2 etc. and Tactic B for away matches, of course there is no limitation for usage of tactic A for away matches but i never play with same tactics.Always shifting between two and if i use A-1 lets say between three

Cheers mate

Very well done Sir! I am having really superb results with this tactical setup. I love the strategy to have 3 different approaches, A, A1 and B. I have been looking for that a long time. Forza Calcio

I started using it from the Man Utd game, plugged it in because I was struggling with my tactic. It wasnt even fluid at all when playing Man Utd and we played 3-3. I should have even won that game.

View attachment 301560 View attachment 301561

I am using very fast wingers and they are destroying big teams. As you can see the highest scores on my list is against big teams.

Last edited:
I have tried most of the tactics on this site and on sigames forum and this is by far the best, its simply amazing.
Really surprised not more people have tried this?

I like this tactic and have taken it and addapted it to suit the team I am playing with (Ipswich) I am using B and have changed the two defensive midfielders both to deep lying playmakers one in the support role and one in a defensive role. The set up is very much like Manchester United with Scholes/Cleverly and Carrick as the 2 dlp's and Kagawa as the AP. I found that havng them set as dlp's is more effective when plaing against teams that play 4-2-3-1 as they look to exploit the gap between the oppositions defence and midfield with killer long balls and are very effective in their defensive duties as well. When I play away from home i change the aml to amlc and set him as Trequatista and focus the passing through the middle. This enables my team to play more patient football. All in all though your tactic is a very goodtactic that can be tweaked to suit teams strengths and weaknesses. Do you have any tips to stop my team shooting at every free kick? my team couldnt score a free kick if it was two yards out with the opposition sat in the dressing room!!

which tactic is better a, a1 or b

just like it said in the opening post, I am using all 3 of them so that the opposition dont get used to your tactics. The A tactic is the most offensive and I use it most when playing home against weaker or equal teams to mine. If playing against stronger opponent both on home and away I suggest starting with the B tactic. Also If I use the A tactic and I lead 3-0 and the oppostionen is switching to more offensive play I switch to B so that we counter them and make sure we punish them. The A1 tactic I start if the other team is playing really defensive and or with more than 2 center midfielders.

I try to sign the fastest wingers that have good dribbling skills because the will score you magical goals all the time

Thanks guys i really appreciated, please check first page for tactic A-2 and post results after try it, there are important tweaks for striker and wingers.BTW i was away for a while for busy daily life,i dont have time to play the game.Yes my tactic is destroying opponents.Its irregular and vital because of its defensive approach and united762000 please give me a credit on your new tactic thread that you adopted from mine thanks

Thanks guys i really appreciated, please check first page for tactic A-2 and post results after try it, there are important tweaks for striker and wingers.BTW i was away for a while for busy daily life,i dont have time to play the game.Yes my tactic is destroying opponents.Its irregular and vital because of its defensive approach and united762000 please give me a credit on your new tactic thread that you adopted from mine thanks
there already is a credit to you on my opening post above the download link

Just started a new save with Aston Villa. Would this be suitable for them? As I would really like to try this system

Back