02jiw22

Reaction score
GASPERINI LEAVES GENOA

gasperini_grinta_genoa.jpg

Gian Piero Gasperini has sensationally walked out on Genoa after a dispute with chairman Enrico Preziosi.

The 52-year-old was reportedly far from happy with the board interfering with transfers.

Gasperini said: " The chairman is the son of a swine! I wish ill on him and his children! He would not let me sign who I wanted!"

He added: "I wanted to sign Titus Bramble."

Sven Goran Eriksson has now been installed as the favourite to succeed Gasperini.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

SVEN SAYS NO TO GENOA

sven-goran-eriksson.jpg

Sven Goran Eriksson has turned down the manager's job at Genoa claiming he doesn't want to leave England.

The Swede resides in Nottingham after leaving his post with the Ivory Coast and is reluctant to move back to Italy.

Eriksson said: "The birds in Italy are nothing compared to here in Nottingham."

Genoa may now turn to Big Ron Atkinson as they search for a new boss to start the season.

bigron.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

ORRIELLI JOINS GENOA

37564_1535537666251_1169114411_31535892_1062265_n.jpg

Italian rookie Jamie Orrielli has won the race to become Genoa manager amidst competition from experienced manager's such as Ron Atkinson, Barry Fry and Ian Holloway.

The 30-year-old had been a youth coach at the club and has now been handed the top job.

Orrielli said: " Mama Mia! I thought it was a joke when Preziosi phoned me!

"I phoned my old mentor Gasperini and he told me it was agreater betrayal than when his wife left him for his Pool boy, but i don't really care! It's my dream job!"

ORRIELLI UP TO THE TASK

Genoa+CFC+v+UC+Sampdoria+Serie+7qINPHKbcKOl.jpg

Jamie Orrielli has vowed that Genoa will aim for Europe this season as he announced his captain for the season.

Marco Rossi was chosen to lead the Grifoni and Orrielli also singled Domenico Criscito as the club's star player.

Criscito was subject of bids from Manchester United, Birmingham City and Wolfsburg during the summer but Orrielli has promised his prized asset will stay and help the club build towards European qualification.

Genoa+CFC+v+Parma+FC+Serie+A+i-akyzlilVAl.jpg

It is likely that inherited signings Luca Toni and Miguel Veloso will also have a key part to play in Genoa's season.

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

GENOA HUMBLE THE OLD LADY
JUVENTUS 3-5 GENOA

Roma+v+FC+Internazionale+Milano+Serie+EhmjY_ob3pWl.jpg

Genoa triumphed in a classic as Luca Toni scored twice on his debut for the Grifoni.

The lanky frontman came on at half time replacing Robert Acquafresca who had put Genoa ahead from the penalty spot before a double from Alessandro Del Piero put Juventus ahead at half time.

The double from Toni and a fourth from Domenico Criscito put Genoa 4-2 up before the legendary Del Piero completed his hat-trick.

Argentine forward Rodrigo Palacio sealed the win smashing high past Manninger with 10 minutes to go.

Juventus+FC+v+AS+Bari+Serie+A+RxRrSu1Av0al.jpg

Great start and good luck. Criscito turns into a great player, so it is good you kept hold of him.

TEN MAN GENOA HOLD ON FOR A POINT
GENOA 0-0 ROMA

Genoa+CFC+v+AS+Roma+Serie+A+VZ0oUq1Ljz9l.jpg

Domenico Criscito saw red as Genoa hosted Roma in a drab game that ended goaless.

The Genoa midfielder recieved two yellow cards for robust challenges on Stefano Guberti and Alessandro Matri.

Transfer News

GENOA SEAL DEADLINE DEAL
HERNANES SIGNS ON
hernanes%20inter%20sp-450-20100601.jpg

Genoa have sealed a deal for Brazilian midfielder Hernanes from Sao Paulo.

Genoa spent their entire budget of £8.5m on the playmaker and Jamie Orrielli has expressed his delight at the coup.

He said: "We are delighted to get him in and just in time as well."

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:25 AM ----------

TONI SNATCHES WIN
GENOA 1-0 CATANIA

Luca-Toni-celebrates-001.jpg

Luca Toni grabbed the only goal as Genoa beat Catania at the Luigi Ferraris.

The Italian hitman rose to power home a header from Hernanes' cross on the hour mark to keep Genoa unbeaten in Serie A in the opening 3 games.

Last edited:
Can I ask, what website do you use for your pictures? Great update though keep it up :)

GENOA LOSE LATE
MILAN 3-1 GENOA

wq2.jpg

AC Milan defeated Genoa at the San Siro with two late goals from Ignazio Abate and Andrea Pirlo.

Brazilian striker had put Milan ahead early in the game before in-form Luca Toni grabbed an equaliser on 70 minutes.

Genoa appeared to have salvaged a point before Abate and Pirlo netted in the last 5 minutes of the match.

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

Can I ask, what website do you use for your pictures? Great update though keep it up :)

zimbio or just Google images m8

---------- Post added at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------

DISASTER FOR GENOA
GENOA 0-2 CAGLIARI

JedaNew.jpg

Genoa had a real day to forget as Cagliari grabbed a 2-0 win at the Luigi Ferraris.

Cagliari took the lead on the hour against the run of play with Edixon Perea smashing home a long range free-kick.

Then Genoa centre back Andrea Esposito was sent off after receiving a second yellow card before Jeda sealed the win in injury time.

GENOA BACK ON TRACK
LECCE 1-4 GENOA

criscito_palacio_zapater_sculli_genoa_slavia.jpg

Genoa returned to winning ways with an emphatic 4-1 demolition of Lecce with Argentine forward Rodrigo Palacio scoring twice.

Bryan Bergougnoux had put Lecce ahead before Genoa took control of the match.

First POalcio equalised and then Hernanes scored his first goal for the club to make it 2-1 at half time.

Palacio scored again on 73 minutes before substitute Giandominenco Mesto sealed the victory late on.

GRIFONI EDGE PAST PARMA
GENOA 3-2 PARMA

hernanes-comemora-ao-marcar-o-primeiro-gol-do-sao-paulo-contra-o-cruzeiro-no-morumbi-1274323832673_300x300.jpg

Hernanes scored alate winner as Genoa saw off Parma at the Luigi Ferraris.

Rodrigo Palacio got Genao off to a flyer scoring after two minutes but Parma levelled through Hernan Crespo.

Genoa defender Dario Daninelli then scored twice in both nets to leave the scores at 2-2 before Hernanes struck in the 85th minute.