RTvD

Reaction score
View attachment 240863
The Journey of an Unknown Man

This will be my journeyman save. An unknown man, sunday league footballer experience, and no coaching qualifications. This thread will be mainly for myself, but everyone is of course free to comment or leave feedback.

View attachment 240857

Always nice to see a fellow Dane here. Will be following! :D

View attachment 240844
June 2014

The job hunt begins. Without any experience and qualifications I had to start low. After a few unsuccesful applications, a club decided to give me a chance and offered me the job.

View attachment 240841
Baranovichi are playing in the second division of Belarus. The competition is already underway and it isn't looking very good for the club at the moment.

View attachment 240837
View attachment 240836
Ten games are played already, and Baranovichi didn't win a single one yet. It is up to me to lead the team out of relegation danger to safety.

Last edited:
July 2014

View attachment 240809
After meeting the board, players and the staff at the club, one of the first things I did was starting my coaching course for a National C Licence. If I want to move to bigger clubs in the future, I need to have the qualifications.

View attachment 240808
View attachment 240807
Not really the start that I was hoping for to say the least. We still haven't won a match this season and we're now on the bottom of the the table with just five points from fourteen games. On the bright side, at least we are scoring goals. In these four games we have scored more goals than in the ten previous games. If we want to survive this season, this is the time to turn things around.

August 2014

View attachment 240704
View attachment 240703
This was a very good month, just the morale boost that we needed. We finally got our few first wins of the season and we're eight points clear of relegation now. Hopefully we can keep up this form next month.

View attachment 240702
Very unexpectedly the club got taken over. From the looks of it the owner isn't going to change much though and my position doesn't seem to be in danger.

September 2014

View attachment 240622
View attachment 240621
This month was quite disappointing after last month's result, but I'm still happy that we managed to get two draws against better teams. Those two points may prove to be important in the future, as Smolevichi and Zvezda are closing in. With just six games to go, every point and goal could be the difference between survival and relegation.​

4 wins & 3 draws and all of a sudden you dont look like relegation candidates!

Although the latest month isn't the best, I'm sure things will pick up.

October 2014

View attachment 240548
View attachment 240542
We manage to get one win and two losses October, which was a quiet month other than the three matches. The biggest disappointment was the defeat was against Zvezda, now it is just one point that separates three teams from relegation. There are now just three games to go till the end of the season and I can't let my first job become a disaster.​

I think you can survive mate! A win in the next game could be crucial!

November 2014

View attachment 240249
The final month of the season, it had to be now or never. Despite giving our very best, we lost the first two games. This is how the table looks before the final game:

View attachment 240247
Three teams, with just 90 minutes left to decide who survives and who goes down. It happens to be that our final match of the season is against Smolevichi, who are in the same position as we are.

View attachment 240245
This is how we can still avoid relegation. If we win, we're safe and Smolevichi will relegate. If we draw and Zvezda wins, we will relegate. If we draw and Zvezda draws as well, we will also relegate. If we draw and Zvesda loses their match, Zvezda will relegate. If we lose our game, we will relegate.

View attachment 240240
A few days before the match, the board decides to propose contract renewal talks. I have no idea how they see this as a suitable time to propose this, and so I declined the talks.

November 2014

Previous time I ended on this cliffhanger...

View attachment 238551
And the final game was played...

View attachment 238550
Our match resulted in a draw while Zvezda lost their game, which means...

View attachment 238549
We survived, barely. I was happy that my very first job didn't end up to be a disaster, but I felt like this wasn't the club that I wanted to spend another season at.

View attachment 238546
After just five months at my first club I decided to resign and look for another challenge.
Will be continued...