Well done so far! How are your finances improving? What's bringing in the money for you?

Just like Deja Vu

The Good, The Bad and Kidderminster

UpTheVilla
Well done so far! How are your finances improving? What's bringing in the money for you? - I have been very lucky with my finances, I have snipped a couple of pics for you to have a look at mate!

neavie pops23
All going good so far mate, league position strong, finances looking healthy. KIU - Thanks mate, I'm really enjoying building the team and the challenges that are coming with it!

NashBigginss
Look like you could go up in what is a great first season! Cowans is definitely performing better for you than he currently is for me! That nigerian winger looks like a great player also! - I certainly am hoping I do haha thanks mate, Cowans has been a beast for me although he is a bit of a drama queen, released 3 midfielders and signed a great one and he is having a bit of a moment about it. Wealth Da Silva has been my signing of the season so far!

Well what a ****** month that was!

We went top for a few games and then dropped back down to 2nd with a horrific end to the month :(

To be honest though I had a feeling that we were going to slip up this month, we performed so poorly against Kidderminster and Southport at the start of the season and had a feeling we had met our 2 bogey teams...

View attachment 24589

View attachment 24588

We grinded out a 1-0 win away at 21st placed Nuneaton here and were poor throughout the game, we were just lucky they had a sending off and that Wealth Da Silva was playing a blinder - Little side not that this win put us TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!

View attachment 24587

We had were at home next against bottom of the league and I had high hopes that we would give these an absolute thumping... Not to be, in fact we limped through albeit thanks to a screamer from Morgan-Smith. They actually deserved more out of the game and in my opinion.

View attachment 24586

Another game... Another 1-0 victory against a team in the bottom 2. What is frustrating the **** for me, is that these are the games that we should be banging the goals in to build our Goal Difference up. Morgan-Smith with a smart finish in a game we dominated from the start to the finish.

View attachment 24585

Well... This game was a Spectacle for the neutrals let me tell you that!!! Oh sorry I was talking about the PSG - Guingamp cup match on BT sport, This game was horrific! We missed a penalty and that was as good as it got for us! However, we managed to keep Top Spot... JUST!

View attachment 24584

I was a little worried about this fixture and I was right to be, We scored early on, a Wealth Da Silva header! but it didn't last long, as Ashley Chambers equalised with a stunning freekick. 2nd half we were actually the better team and I really thought we were going to go on and win this match... However, not to be as Declan Weeks scored a late goal to not only break our hearts and knock us off top spot!

View attachment 24583

If ever there was a game that you wanted after a defeat, this was it... Carshalton were lower than us in the divisions and so a perfect way to get a morale boost. I picked a strong strong team for this, it paid off! Adekunle put us 1-0 up with a tap in on the 13th minute followed by a Daniel Udoh pen on the 21st minute. The 2nd half we came out strong and Wealth Da Silva scored a 51st minute goal and then Darryl Knights tapped in a 4th to finish a much needed Morale boosting win.

View attachment 24582

I was really up for this and wanted to avenge the 3-0 thrashing in the first game of the season, WHAT A CROCK OF ****! We rarely threatened them and they controlled the game from start to finish and deserved the victory.

Managers Player of the Month

View attachment 24581

The keeper had a stormer of a month to be fair... We went on a 6 match run without conceding a goal and he was a major part of it... He has gone under the radar a wee bit and I think in a way that just shows how consistant he has really been

League Table

View attachment 24580

The League table is looking very good, We are just a point off the top and 6 points ahead of 3rd... 16 Points ahead of 8th. Chuffed to bits with how we have done! A lot of football left to play!

January Business

View attachment 24579

Well, I decided to use my transfer budget on this Chap, Scout report says he is at league 2 level currently and we only paid 35k for him. The best bit is that he is already worth 66k now so financially this could be a bit of a gem.

View attachment 24578

Well, I had finally had enough of my ****** misfiring strikers and decided after a bit of scouting I found this guy from Halifax. He was a free transfer and he is now worth 51k :) Interesting thing happened here, We made n offer for him (£0) and then offered him a contract... Halifax then offered him a new contract but he chose us :)

Little mention for Grandfather Time Gary Jones who went on his merry old way. He did a job when needed but wasn't going to get any games for us so I released him.

Well I must say, I'm completely settled with my team now, the 2 lads that come in at the end of January are what we needed and now I feel ready to take on the rest of the games as we have cover for every position and i'm really hoping that Edwards will bring some much needed goals.

Another day another doller... Literally haha, We are fast approaching the 700k mark with a few months left of football and I am chuffed at how health the coffers are looking!

Little side note for you guys, Here is now the main bits of cash are coming in...

View attachment 24575View attachment 24574

Upcoming Fixtures (1 already played)

View attachment 24573

Harrogate in the FA Trophy 3rd round... Winnable that I think. This month we have a trip to 3rd in the table and to be honest I think we can win that one! Other than the win already (i'll discard that) 6 points is a must for me... Really want to put some pressure on Blyth who we have at home to come.

That's it for now!

Thanks for having a read!

Taraaaaaaaaaaaa

Looking like a 2 horse race for the title at this point! Going well buddy...keep it up!

Ladies and Gentleman, please hold on tight as we are DERAILING

Squeaky *** Time!!!

Well, I have waited the entire season for our bad form to hit... And it really couldn't have come at a worse ****** time. We are in the business end now lads, Its time to buckle in and enjoy the ride haha.

View attachment 24434

View attachment 24433

We started the month with a great resounding Win at home Guiseley. Cowans hit a freekick in the first half, Second half the hit back with a goal from Hatfield, However Edwards and McQuilkin scored in quick succession to earn us a great 3 points.

View attachment 24432

We were on fire against a recently rejuvenated Brackley Town, 3 up by the end of the first half thanks to a goal from Cowans (GOD) and 2 great goals from Edwards... 2nd half and Edwards completed his Hat-trick ( i'd like to add that Wealth Da Silva has assisted 4 out of his 5 goals for us so far!!!!) only sour note was conceding another late goal when Ndlovu fired home.

View attachment 24431

FA Trophy 3rd Round and we were at home against Harrogate who were 14th in The National League and to be honest, I didn't feel any pressure going into this... Edwards got us off to a great start with a 28th minute penalty followed by a real poachers effort in the 35th. Girogos Aresti fished the game with a 30 yard low drive in the 54th minute... A win and both of my new signings on the score sheet! This was as good as the month got haha!

View attachment 24430

We. Were. ****... Simply put, we managed just 4 shots at goal and to be honest It was so frustrating to watch and it made me so angry! But we had to try our hardest to pick ourselves up!

View attachment 24428

I had to go next door and apologise to my neighbours after this game I was THAT annoyed!!!! We went down to 10 men in the 8th minute for a red card that never should have been! (we have appealed) soon after that we went 1-0 down to a Carter header. However, Wealth Da Silva and Adekunle put us 2-1 up at half time. I was so chuffed with the lads, It didn't last long after the half when Nicholson scored a goal to level matters, WEALTH DA SILVA strikes again we went back into the lead with a Da Silva special, it was like watching Giggsy against Arsenal he weaved in and out of 5 players before smashing it home. Sadly that was as good as it got as Trotman equalised in the 76th minute and then we conceded a stupid penalty that apparently looked Dubious :( and our fate was sealed with Wheatley putting it away to claim the win.... I Praised the lads after the game as they really did give me everything!

View attachment 24424

This result confirmed our worst run since I had been at the club with possibly our worst performance, A shocking first half followed by a ****** worse one! the goal we scored flattered us and we got exactly what we deserved when Dugdale and Edwards scored to compile us to 3 deafeats in a row.​

The League Table

View attachment 24421

Our league form puts us in a bit of trouble to say the least, we were at one point 7 points ahead of 3rd place, now we are 2 points a head having played a game more and we are also 3 points behind 1st with a game more. I am staying positive due to the fact the season is in our hands with 1st and 3rd still to come to The New Bucks Head.

The Sqaud

View attachment 24420

I made the decision to call a team meeting and speak tot he lads about getting our season back on track... They all responded perfectly and it makes me feel a lot more confident going into the last 9 games coming up.

View attachment 24419

This guy has really hit the ground running, 7 in 7 in all competitions from Edwards... He has settled really well and has already scored more than any of my strikers! Could prove Valuable in the Play-offs!

We have broke the 700k mark which is fantastic news... I accept now that 1 million was a little pie in the sky, however this should put us in a great position to strengthen the squad!

Although I had the best news for all season!

Look at the kids guys!

THE YOOOOOOOOOUTH

View attachment 24417

I have been blessed with a ****** great intake here, the best I've ever experienced in Lower League Football!

Woooooooooooooooooohooooooooooo

March Fixtures

View attachment 24416

Some tough fixtures coming up but more importantly most at home which is great for us and great for the Bank Balance! More importantly we have 1st at home at the end of the month!

Lets Smash this!!!

Thanks for stopping by guys...

TARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

That youth intake is awesome!!! When do you think you'll start to introduce some of those youngsters to the squad?

March-ing to the sound of the beat

One Final and One **** of a Result!!!

Well, the month I have just had was a real Jekyll and Hyde month, Qualified for a cup final which I am so chuffed with given its my first season, with a couple of really horrific performances and then 2 of my best games since taking over!

Lets get this started!

Well, if you are going to Qualify for the Semi final against a team that has had your card marked all season... this is probably the best and most enjoyable way to do it :) Captin Marvel Powered us into a 1-0 lead in the 10th minute. but a Thompson tap in levelled it up in the 18th minute, Ashely ****** Chambers powered in a free kick on minute 25 but then helped us when he clattered Edwards in the 30th minute to give us a penalty which Eddy converted with ease :) However 1st half stoppage time and we conceded a really well worked goal from a corner thanks to a Sam Austin finish. At Half time I didn't go down the Hairdryer treatment route... Nope I actually praised them as bar the 2 stunning gaols we outplayed them. This turned out to be a masterclass as they didn't have a single shot second half thanks to our Defence doing a great job. Darryl Knights curled in an equaliser in the 54th minute and it really was all one way traffic. It looked like it was heading for a 3-3 draw when we hit them with a counter attack that SAF would have been proud of! 91st minute winner from Morley meant we were in the semis!

View attachment 24324

We played out a great 2-1 win against a team who second half of the season had climbed right up to 5th in the table and were number 1 in the form guide! Jordan Adekunle scored a header to put us 1-0 up in the first half. 2nd half and I had to tighten up and I think doing that nearly cost me as Banister scored in the 63rd minute... si I thought ****** this and told them to push forward and changed to attacking. this worked as we scored a free kick courtesy of McQuilkin. 2-1 and a happy manager here indeed.

View attachment 24323

This was massive comedown from the massive highs of the last 2 games. We were shockingly bad from the 1st minute, Nicky Wroe (ex Shrewsbury town) scored a **** header to confine us to a terrible defeat and one that really cost us in terms of keeping up with top of the table.

View attachment 24322

We followed that horror show up with the sequel to the original. Against a tea who were struggling for form, we played like we were in the relegation zone. couldn't get a shot on target and finished the game with 1 shot on target. I read the riot act out not as a team... INDIVIDUALLY!

View attachment 24318

1st leg of our Semi final against Oxford City, for me the most important thing was to grab an away goal. Now whilst we dominated the game and I mean dominated... The forward players just bottled it and it ended up a bore draw with it all to play for in the second leg.

View attachment 24317

BEST... PERFORMANCE... OF... THE... SEASON!!!!

I went into this 6 having dropped 6 points behind Blyth who were 1st and 4 points behind York in 2nd and wait for it... a point behind Stockport in 3rd! I decided to tell the lads that this one was for the Fans and went for it Attacking with nothing in my eyes to lose and Boy did it pay off! Henry Cowans (GOD) put us one up with a great free kick and half time we were outplaying them in every position on the pitch, 2nd half and they changed to 3-4-3 so I set us to cautious but emphasised on the hitting them on the Counter Attack and we destroyed them. Quick fire goal from McQuilkin and Cowans... Both might I add a product of counter attacking football followed by a great own gaol in the sense that White our right back won the ball from a corner sprinted the entire pitch and drilled the ball in the box to nobody but their CB who turned it into the net under no Pressure from anyone. A consolation goal followed... BUt man did that put us right back in the mix!!!

View attachment 24316

Our 2nd leg of the Semi final and the place was rocking. A really Mature performance by the lads and a fantastic way to qualify for the final. didn't give them anything and the score line reflected this with goals from Wealth Da Silva and Edwards putting us through!

View attachment 24315

The lads have tailed off a bit towards the end of the season but I am keeping faith with them as they have been so good all season. No real problems with the lads in regards to attitude and I know they are giving everything considering we were only really thought of as mid table fodder.

View attachment 24314

This guy has been great for me this season... especially when you consider he is a natural winger who come in for the 3rd game of the season as a stop gap... He has been superb this month and his goals he has scored have been Quality.

Finances

View attachment 24313

Another month another Dollar. We have hit 850k and may... Just may hit the 1 million mark which would be fantastic! I'm thinking next season we will have a bit of money to play with... although I don't think I need to really strip the squad as we have such a strong youth intake.

April Fixtures

View attachment 24312

MASSIVE MONTH AHEAD... We are playing the bottom 2 in this month and have a smasher of a last game of the season with York city who have now gone Top of the table....

Lets Do This...

Until Next Time...

TAAAARAAAAAA

That youth intake is awesome!!! When do you think you'll start to introduce some of those youngsters to the squad?

My goal is to give them the pre season to see what they can do mate.... I think at least 4 of them will be in and around the squad for sure!

Heartbreaker!!!!

The End of the Season. Or is it...

Well we have had quite literally the most heart breaking end to the season that I have ever experienced on this game... We gave it all but to be honest the games where we only scraped a win 1-0 has come back to haunt us completely! I'm going to show you the build up and result to the end of the season before the other results...

I went into this game with confidence.... Pure and Utter confidence as lets be honest. I literally had nothing to lose. My only plan was simple, Attack!!! My goal difference was great with a 3 goal lead on Stockport and 1 behind York who I would have to beat anyway to top the table. So the fairy tale was set...

Would I get my happy ending???

Well...

View attachment 24303

You must be reading this, looking at the result, the manner in which we have won this and be doing what I was doing!!! SCREAMING WITH JOY!!!!

We had a great start and went 1-0 up through Adekunle and I was buzzing... However just before half time, Jordan Burrow scored a goal that took the wind out of my sails a little.

Half time and I told the lads that they could go out and play without any pressure and this relaxed the lot of them.

When Preston scored in the 68th minute I immediately put us on all out attack which had the desired effect when Edwards scored in the 71st minute. 85th minute and I took my CB off and put 3 up top and told them to Smack the ball up top... Minute 91 and we have a throw in, White lofts it into the box and Edwards is smashed to the floor....

PENALTY

Up steps Eddy and with the confidence of a seasoned ALAN SHEARER he smashes it into the roof of the net...

FULL TIME...

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!

Wait... what?

2nd???

To STOCKPORT ******* COUNTY

I was despondent.

Have a look at this :(

View attachment 24302

We missed out on top spot due to us scoring 73 goals this season and them scoring 75 thanks to a 3-0 win in their last game of the season... I have never experienced an ending to a season like this and quite honestly would rather have lost 20-0 to York then suffer this :( C'est la vie

Here are the rest of the games.

View attachment 24301

A Game we dominated and sadly could only muster a 1-1 draw :( A great goal from Wealth Da Silva though here.

View attachment 24300

I think you will agree with me when I now firmly believe that this is the game where we missed out on 1st place. They were a man down for over 70mins of the game yet me mustered a 1-1 draw and it really was just awful! They rallied with the lad being sent off and we should have done a lot better. Barnett scored on the stroke of half time and that was as good as it got!

View attachment 24299

A Great solid win with goals from Knights and Wealth Da Silva being enough to relegate Hereford.

View attachment 24298

Edwards with 2 good goals to seal a nervy 2-1 win against Alferton, even when we went a man down in the 79th minute!

The Squad

View attachment 24297

The lads had a good month witht he last 2 games being particular highlight. We had no right to be where we were at the end of the season and they deserve to be in the final next month... I just hope the Play-offs aren't a couple of games too many.

View attachment 24296

4 Goals in 5 games for Eddy... he has done a great job since coming in and has outscored the strikers in less than half the games.

April Finances

View attachment 24295

Well near enough the end of the season and we have passed the 900k mark... I'm hoping with prize money and the last couple of games coming up that we might just creep over the 1 million mark!!!

End of Season Table

View attachment 24294

Well, Here is the League table at the end of the season... Take a look and let me know what you think whilst I gear up for the Playoffs and FA TROPHY Final....

Thanks for stopping by

TARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Holy ****, that's harsh!! I wish you all the best for the playoffs mate....after that, you deserve to win them!!

The End is here!!!

They think its all over... It Is Now!!!

Well, a season pretty much filled with highs and not so many lows!

A cup final and a play-off Semi Final/Final to contend with!

Lets get started!!!

View attachment 23996

View attachment 23995

The first game was a semi-final against Blyth Spartans who to be honest I had bettered twice this season and after stuffing them 4-1 recently, I was really confident of a win. So first half started with Blyth striking first with a Maguire strike. I wasn't too concerned as we were playing well... Just before the half time break Eddy scored a great header to level it up. 2nd half and we destroyed them in the 2nd half and to be fair 3-1 flattered them a little with an own goal and a Knights strike enough to put us in the final.

View attachment 23994

The FA Trophy Final arrived and to be honest this annoyed me as they had me down to play 2 games in 3 games!!!!

So... I took a bit of a gamble and decided to play my 2nd string against Leyton Orient as to me Promotion was work so much more!

I kept only my Edwards, Cowans, Sutton, White and Bramley in for this game. It started quite end to end to be honest with us hitting the post twice in the opening 10 mins, however in the 18th minute their on loan Crystal Palace man Lumeka Scored a brilliant solo goal to go 1 up, We had other ideas and Eddy scored a quick fire equaliser 5 minutes later. Half time came and I just told the lads to enjoy themselves and they went out and played a really goo second half. We were ultimately undone by a Jobi McAnuff Wonder goal midway though the 2nd half and it finished 2-1 however, I had other things on my mind...

View attachment 23982

The Playoff Final was upon us and I was nervous as **** with this one. Had I don't the wrong thing making those changes and disrupting the team??? Well Obvs the answer was NOPE!!!

We raced into a 1-0 lead with Darryl Knights scoring for us early on. to put us in to a 1-0 lead at the half. I told the lads at half time to guard against Complacency as we obviously really wanted this win. 2nd half kicked off with McQuilkin putting us 2-0 up with a tidy finish... Now I was silly here and went to attacking as we were all over them and pushed for a 3rd to kill the game off, Big mistake by the Manager as Brandon Griffiths score a quick fire double to turn the tie on its head. I put us back to a Positive mentality and we scored straight away with Kights putting us 3-2 up. I went to cautious and moved our AM to DM and brought on Barnett to sure it up and after a last minute scare... THE WHISTLE WENT...

WE WERE PROMOTED!!!

View attachment 23971

End Of Season Awards And Reviews

View attachment 23969

Henry Cowans (GOD) picked up the Fans Player of the Season and Managers Player of the year, he was consistent all throughout the season with some memorable Free kicks and fantastic assists... Like I said before though, He is a winger by trade and for him to perform so well in the centre of the pitch all season is really something...

Interestingly only 4 of my signings made it in to the best eleven... This was in part due to us having such a great squad...

End Of Season Review

View attachment 23968

The review was good to read actually.... Average Attendance of just over 2000 fans coming to watch us play which in our division I think is ****** good!

The Stat however I loved the most was number of players used... 23 which I think considering the cup run and play-offs is ****** good going. I've never been one for having large squads and with he youth I've got coming through this season I don't envisage me having a large first team squad for the up coming season.

End Of Season Finances

View attachment 23964

We ****** only went and hit well over the 1 million mark...

I'm interested to see just how much we will be given for transfers and if they will allow us to turn professional...

Final Notes

The season for me couldn't have gone any ****** better! We got promotion when i'll be honest... I was looking at building a squad capable of challenging for the league in the following season.

The biggest task is going to be next season and what we do!

I will say now that with the teams in that division already and the clubs coming down, My main objective would have to be Mid Table and consolidation...

I will post up the end of pre season and let you know how things have gone!!!

Thanks for sticking with me this season...

Onto the next one now...

TARAAAAAAAAAA

Glad justice was done and you won the playoffs. Congratulations mate!!

Well done mate! Hope you do better than i did after getting promoted! I also hope Cowans continues being a beast for you, mad he got 52% of the votes for fans player of the year.

Its a new dawn...

The Great Escape!

View attachment 23884

So it is official... Everyone is expecting us to go down in our first season!

I am actually loving the fact that we are hotly tipped to be relegated, this has taken the pressure off the team completely... My board has asked me to bravely battle against Relegation...

I have seen my Wage Budget has doubled to the dizzy heights of 14k a week, I have done my best to strengthen the team but not to over haul the squad due to chemistry.

Team Transfers

View attachment 23883

It was absolutely key to me to get all Business done before the end of July so I could use the remaining friendlies to get them playing together and could test some players partnerships out i.e. CM - CM CB - CB

View attachment 23882

I needed a new GK after Brammers went back to Leicester I realised straight away that getting a new keeper was my number 1 priority, So I signed Dawber on a free transfer after he left Hereford on a free transfer in the summer... I have a young lad called Davies who is 16 and has bags of potential and played him in a couple of friendlies before Dawber come.

View attachment 23881

George Cooper was another free transfer from Forest Green Rovers. I had lost Barnett who went back to Shrewsbury and refused to come back on loan. So I have brought in Mr Cooper who has decent physical and mental attributes and will provide decent cover for me in the centre of midfield.

View attachment 23880

I wasn't really looking for another CM however in Mr Ferdinand I have a versatile lad who can play at the back as well and his stats are really good for the division and with the amount of games we have this season... I think he will be invaluable to our battle against the drop!

View attachment 23879

I am CHUFFED with this signing, I wanted George Green in January, however he wanted too much wages for me at that time... However I managed to bag this gem of a non league AM for just 2k! BARGAIN He will give us the creative flair needed for our Counter Attacking Style we will be playing this season. It also says he is set to improve a wee bit too, so I am loving this transfer.

View attachment 23878

I released Theo Streete in the summer due to him believing he should have been starting... sadly his stats had declined a fair bit and he didn't get much of a look in after xmas for me. Now Shane Sutton who is my Club Captain played so well consistently last season, however his stats have dropped a tad, so it was time to bring in someone with a bit of experience at a higher level, I bagged Cresswell on a Free Transfer and I am happy with his stats, He is strong and can head a ball

View attachment 23877

This lad was my last signing, again on a free transfer but has bags of pace and will provide decent back up to my current LW. his PA is decent and he will get games this season for sure!

Youth Prospects

I have promoted all of the young lads from the U18's to my new U23 squad as I think they will play decent opposition and will develop a little better as opposed to loaning them to Extremely lower league football.

View attachment 23876

There are 2 lads in particular I will be in integrating into the first team a bit this season as their stats are superb for such a young age...

View attachment 23875

This lad is a special talent, he is not far off challenging to start if I am honest, I am looking forward to playing him in some games this season, my aim is to get him 10 starts atleast! Hey, if they're good enough... They're old enough! Side note... He had a great Pre-Season!

View attachment 23874

The Same can be said for this lad. Another product of AFC Telfords budding Youth System. He is starting this season as my 3rd choice Striker and will most definitely get some game time. He is already improving and is being retrained to be a Complete Striker.

Finances

View attachment 23873

Finances are looking great, We are well over the 1 million mark although the sad news was that they decided against going Full Time however to be fair I think we need to consolidate before they will consider. I am expecting to make a fair bit this season, mainly due to the fact our wage bill is so low (The lowest in the league) So we will see, the obvious target is 2 million.

Pre Season Results and August Fixtures

View attachment 23872

Really good Pre Season, We even took a strong Wolves team all the way in the 2-1 loss. No Injuries and everyone is raring to go...

View attachment 23871

I am under no illusions that this is going to be a tough campaign for us... However for me, its all about making The New Bucks Head a fortress. I have set myself a target of being at 25 points by xmas so lets see how we go!

Thanks for stopping by Guys!!!

TAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hi mate, you've had a great first season, was a shock to come on here and see a save with Telford as i follow them home and away every week so am very interested in how you do. I got Telford promoted first season via playoffs too but really struggled in the league above. As a part time club its difficult stepping up into a league when nearly every team is full time so will be good to see how you get on. Unlucky in the FA Trophy final but was always going to be tough vs Leyton Orient. Keep it up

Hi mate, you've had a great first season, was a shock to come on here and see a save with Telford as i follow them home and away every week so am very interested in how you do. I got Telford promoted first season via playoffs too but really struggled in the league above. As a part time club its difficult stepping up into a league when nearly every team is full time so will be good to see how you get on. Unlucky in the FA Trophy final but was always going to be tough vs Leyton Orient. Keep it up

Hi Mate, Thanks for that... It has been a good season and the biggest surprise was the finances if i'm honest! I live in Telford too Wellington to be exact will be there this weekend supporting the lads!

I worry that some of the players won't realise their full time potential if we stay Part time hence why I push for it so much haha.

Some great signings in their particularly Ferdinand and Green IMO. Mad how much wages you can offer your players, all i could offer players when I was promoted with Oxford City was £475. Got some fantastic youngsters aswell!

Hi Mate, Thanks for that... It has been a good season and the biggest surprise was the finances if i'm honest! I live in Telford too Wellington to be exact will be there this weekend supporting the lads!

I worry that some of the players won't realise their full time potential if we stay Part time hence why I push for it so much haha.

No way thats crazy! I will also be there on Saturday vs Kidderminster should be a good game. I live in Market Drayton about 20/25 minutes away from the ground tbf. Yeah i was surprised with how well i did with the finances too but on the game the club are very hard to convince to up that level to full time. I think on FM18 they only let me go full time when i got them promoted to league 2. Also Henry Cowans is awesome on the game, my best player by far and is doing very well in real life too! I used to play him at right wing though and McQuilkin at CM as an advanced playmaker.

Learning

Baby Steps, Baby Steps
5 points in the bag

Well the season has finally begun. To say it is going to be a Long Loooooooooooooooooong old season is an understatement, We have much to learn I'm thinking. My only plan this season is to push us to mid table as we have to remember that we are just a Part Time Club and so we will struggle to achieve more at the moment. I've set us the target of 25 points before Xmas and we have our first 5 points already :)

Lets get started

August Results

View attachment 23704

View attachment 23697

We started off away from home to Dover and we were taught a harsh lesson straight away, 2-0 down thanks to poor defending... We were 2nd to everything and didn't register a single shot on target. 2nd half and we started just as bad as we did in the first half with Allen scoring their 3rd. I brought on Darryl Knights our leading scorer from last season and his first contribution was to concede a penalty (thankfully they missed it) He redeemed himself in the 80th minute and then in the 85th when he drilled in a shot off a defenders leg. The comeback was agonisingly close when Knights hit the bar in the 92nd minute... Needless to say, we lost our first game of the season.

View attachment 23691

Well, our plan to make The New Bucks Head our fortress didn't start off how I had hoped!! We played ****** well in this game and deserved at least a point. We played them off the park, however in the 75th minute we were undone at the back post by a Tommy Wright finish.

View attachment 23690

With a little bit of tinkering, we got our first win of the season... More importantly our first Clean Sheet too! An even match in terms of possession however, we took our chance and they didn't take theirs! I didn't care however, we had our first win!

View attachment 23687

Well this was our 2nd attempt at making The New Bucks Head a fortress... And again it went wrong. I was raging at half time. We just bottled it at every moment in the first half! However, I got aggressive at half time and boy did we come out fighting... Wealth Da Silva got us started with a solo run in the 60th minute.... Eddy smashed in a 2nd in the 64th minute and Green added the 3rd with a sublime free kick in the 79th minute. We should have won, However I was just chuffed with us coming back if I'm honest.

View attachment 23686

Our last game of the month took us to Wrexham and I was little worried as our defensive display was a horror film. So I played cautious and told them we were underdogs and that we could spring an upset. We actually played fantastic football and I was a little gutted we didn't get the win. However, we had our 2nd Clean sheet of the season.... I call that HASHTAG promising!

The League Table

View attachment 23684

Well the first month is over and we are off and running, I'm happy with it to be honest... We were never going to be pushing for the top and i'm well aware of our capabilities. I am still sticking with 25 points before xmas and am sticking with the squad I have... I say this because some of the teams have strengthened with no less then 12 players!

View attachment 23682

Our player of the month for me and it may come as a surprise as I was moaning about the defence... Is a defender, Hill has played some great football this month and interestingly we have only conceded 1 goal down the left handside. His pass rate was over 85% and I think that's great for a left back.

The Squad

View attachment 23680

The lads haven't been awful this month, the only problem I have had is that due to bringing in 2 CM and a CB, a couple of the lads have expressed concern with competition for their places... Mainly my Club Captain who resigned on a deal to mainly be Backup and one Henry Cowans (GOD) so I think I may have some issues to deal with in the coming months... Although, there is a lot of games coming up, so I think they should be fine :)

The finances are looking as healthy as ever and although I am £140 over the wage budget, I appear to be making a profit each game which is a bonus... 2 million and we turn full time (I hope)

September Fixtures

View attachment 23675

Big month coming up with the return of Leyton Orient haha, We have some winnable games her and I will attempt again to try and make The New Bucks Head a fortress once more... My target this month is 7 points.

Let see how we get on

Until Next time guys!

TARRRRAAAAAAAAAAAA

Some great signings in their particularly Ferdinand and Green IMO. Mad how much wages you can offer your players, all i could offer players when I was promoted with Oxford City was £475. Got some fantastic youngsters aswell!

Thanks Mate, Yeah the Green singing is great for me. I was quite surprised with the wages myself. How much is your weekly wage bill? I've been allocated 14k