rehan14

Reaction score
After peering through the various threads regarding Douglas, I have come to the conclusion that he isn't being operated in the best postion... While he has an array of possible positions, for me his best is one that can utilise his full attacking potential without any limitations...
Starting my 6th season as Arsenal manager he is without doubt my BEST signing... My 1st signing at 8.75m (pretty much as a backup to wilshere after leg recovery) He has been amazing in every possible attribute... He scores 15-22 goals & 12-20 assists EVERY SEASON!
I advise NOT to play him as an AML, AMR... only if you are seriously forced to through injuries..
After 5 seasons, I have the complete squad but I won't share the spotlight because douglas deserves this thread...
I play him in a 4-5-1 tactic:

..........gk.........
rb...bpd...bpd...lb
..........dm........
...cm(auto)....douglas(attack)
amr(if)............. aml(if)
...........cf................

This 'lampard' role has given douglas the freedom to express and dictate games... Which he has done in abundance :D

He takes all the free-kicks and must score 5-7 a season...

His value is 20+m and I can't imagine not starting with him... Wilshere just cannot get a sniff... ;)

He does however have poor stamina and cannot play 3 games in a week but I sub him if in a healthy lead and have a midweek game due...

In 5 seasons I have won 10 trophies (+ 2 world club)

I will be uploading some images of his performances... Thoughts?

View attachment 211152View attachment 211153

Rehan Quraishi
twitter: rehan_gunner

thumbnail.aspx

Last edited:
I haven't signed him for the last couple of years. Signed him on FM09 or MF10 and was a real let down. Was playing him out wide (as you are suggesting not to do!) and he was just average. Couldn't get any consistancy from him. Since then I've kind of black listed him and avoided signing him. Seeing your success with him, perhaps I'll give him another chance to prove his worth on FM12!

cheers for being my 1st reply on my first thread :) ... I was hesitant because I had ramsey, song, frimpong (trojan), wilshere (injured), granero... but I just can't leave him out.... I have many stars but he has to be top considering my 1st signing and under 10m... usher him into the team rather then throw him in... Put him on a long term contract cause the vultures come in for him (A)

Maybe that's where I went wrong (although his stats would have been different back then), as I threw him into the first team expecting fireworks and received only a fizzle. I stuck by him for a couple of years, trying to give him opportunities but he never performed consistantly enough and ended up selling him on to some German team (I think, was so long ago!) I remember finding that he didn't adapt very well, and think he may have even got homesick and had to have a leave of absence, so perhaps his adaptability is better than it used to be.

Maybe that's where I went wrong (although his stats would have been different back then), as I threw him into the first team expecting fireworks and received only a fizzle. I stuck by him for a couple of years, trying to give him opportunities but he never performed consistantly enough and ended up selling him on to some German team (I think, was so long ago!) I remember finding that he didn't adapt very well, and think he may have even got homesick and had to have a leave of absence, so perhaps his adaptability is better than it used to be.

I have updated with some images... so please have a look ;)