The Juan Del Warmanos Story: 2009 -

• Thread starter TractorBoy2112
  • Start date
  • Replies 15
  • Views 2K
Really like the sound of this, I'll be following pal.

Cheers mate, just need a couple more people now! :D

So, end of pre-season, and where are we at?

View attachment 98366

I think you'll agree that that's not too shabby, and I really think that the team has come together well in such a short space of time, lets see where that takes us next!

So what about the team? How has that developed, well, here's a list of my signings, all of them free transfers,all of them hopefully capable of taking us to the next level and beyond...

View attachment 98367

So going into the competitive stage of the season, I am feeling quietly confident of achieving my goal, though I acknowledge that it will be a challenge.

I will update this monthly (in game) and give you a run-down of my confidence, etc. Just to add, I have one injury at the moment, my central midfielder and vice-captain Ito, but it is short term and he will be ready for the first game of the season by my calculations!

Cheers for reading, and I hope you are enjoying this!

Cheers again, Jonny.

Looking good. I have never managed in the Spanish lower leagues, but have always wanted to, just never found the right club.

Cheers mate, and I know, the Spanish leagues are a little bit hit and miss, with some complicated rules regarding Squad Selection!

Anyway, although there was only one competitive game played in August, I will duly provide you with the result and the table standings.

So here's the one and only result for us in August;

View attachment 98404

It wasn't really a fair result, although it did defy the odds, in a game that on paper we should have comprehensively lost, but on play we should have comprehensively won! My young Striker Rai and matureMidfielder Ito combined well and came close on a number of occasions, not to mention my wonderkid Ceballos, aged just 16, who really did deserve a goal or assist for all of his endeavours on the right wing. Having said that, my Goalkeeper Riobo did make a couple of great saves, but Guadalajara never really troubled us interms of quality and quantity of possession.

To the table, although rather unimportant right now, here it is;

View attachment 98405

13th, hmm, if that is where we end up I'll be chuffed, but there's a long way to go with another 37 games to go, and I can hardly wait!

Cheers, Jonny.

What do u want someone to be assistant?

Nope mate, just wanted to share my story and see how long I can carry on at the game, so if it has interested any of you, please pass it on, because I'd really like even more followers! :)

So, to my September update!

It was a very good start to the season for us, overall, with some decent results and solid performances on the whole, which this list of results will dictate:

View attachment 98963

A 1-0 win against Racing "B" was very good although the performance was not as solid as our first game of the season, but still an improvement from where I began. I think that result set us up well though, for the rest of the month, because a 1-1 draw against Puertollano was very unexpected, even if it did come rather disappointingly, with their equaliser coming but seconds from full time! Ah well, que sera sera... After that shock though, we took a reality check against Universidad LP, who were strongly favoured over us, where we lost 2-1 after taking a very early lead, with Sergio getting his first competitive goal for the club which thrilled me, before Universidad mounted a slow comeback that should have probably resulted in a draw, leading to me bemoaning so many missed opportunities on the break, which caused me to take attacking training into my own hands to some extent... This seemed to work to some extent, because in the next game against Vecindario, in which we were pre-match favourites to get a stuffing, to put it bluntly, but in fact won 2-1 but perhaps should have made it even more! By this stage I was feeling a bit better about my attack, and this obviously carried over to the next game against Villanovense, which we won 1-0 after taking the lead on 20 minutes after a 19 minute spell of domination and flowing football on our parts, with Sergio getting his second goal of the season! Excellent. We closed the game out well, sticking to a Counter tactic as soon as the goal went in, but actually holding onto possession well, probably aided by a dubious red-card for the Villans on 58 minutes!

So my confidence is growing, but I am still keeping my feet firmly on the ground, however, Cacerenos are floating angelically to the higher reaches of the table, as illustrated below:

View attachment 98964

6th is an excellent achievement for us so far, and I really think my signings have knitted in well. Since last time I have made one more signing, David Eto'o, younger brother of Samuel and older brother of Etienne, and hopefully, prolific forward! Haven't been able to test him yet, due to Spain's complex Squad Selection rules, but as soon as possible, I will slot him into the set-up!

One last thing, given my aims to finish up 15th, I took it upon myself to find out how many points that would require, on average. Over the last 10 years the average figure was 43.8 points, which I added 4 to, so that I should definitely be safe, which took the total to 47.8 points, rounded up to 48. Therefore, I require another 37 points to avoid the drop, and at the moment, I am fairly confident.

Cheers for now, Jonny.

Nicely done, i cant wait to see Davie Etoo lol

Hahahaha, you and me both mate!

Welcome to October's update!

This was a very difficult month for me and the club, we really had to fight for every result thanks to the first game of the month resulting in 4 injuries to my first team! Sven Werkhoven got a Hamstring Strain, Cazorla strained his back, Ito bruised his shin and Ceballos has twisted his ankle! Thankfully, everyone bar Ceballos is fit for the first game of November, including Valtierra, who annoyingly got injured the game after all of this! As you can imagine, despite the fact I have squad of about 32; because I am limited to a list of 22 players to use for the time being thanks to Spain's frankly idiotic rules regarding Squad Selection, this prooved quite a problem, especially when you consider that Bedrossian was away for most of the month on International duty with Armenia... oO) The least said about that the better!

Anyway, the games were tough, and every single point was hard fought for, especially when I was targeting 5 points from 12 for this month... I digress, here's the results!:

View attachment 99187

A 2-2 draw with Lanzarote was a disappointment, and yet again signified a draw with one of my relegation rivals, however, with hindsight, I must remember the casualties that I experienced during the course of the match, but still, I should have had that one wrapped up before half-time if truth be told. Oh well, a draw is a point, it will do! The next game was against Cerro Reyes and ended up 0-0, though Cerro probably deserved to have won the game, my defensive approach in this one did pay dividends and again we earned the point. So with 2 games left and a skeleton, no, atomic matter of a squad at my disposal, I thought I should end up with at least 3 points for the month. I started to doubt myself though, when we lost 2-0 to Alcorcon, who were far superior and made us look like schoolboys. My discipline after the match and during half-time in the next match obviously paid off as we went on to turn Sporting's 1-0 lead into an emphatic 2-1 win, which really should have been more.

Anyway, where does this leave us? Well...:

View attachment 99188

10th place, not bad, not bad at all! We are now 8 points clear of the danger zone, and only 4 points off the very top. For a small club who spent absolutely nothing, I am rather pleased at this stage. I think I am going to sell my young striker Ruben Jurado, he is not making any progress with his training, and shows a generally poor attitude to the game and his fellow team-mates, I have also transfer-listed my reserve goalkeeper Pollo, which translates into English as "Chicken", in case you were wondering! Yes that's right, the Great British education system has not failed me! Thanks to my GCSE in Spanish (which I'll get the result for in roughly 9 days) I am fluent in holiday Spanish, Mejorca here I come! ;)

My last point to make before I leave for today is that I am considering altering my training system as I feel that I am wasting far too many opportunities in-front of goal. I am currently using Tugg's Training, any suggestions?

Right, that'll do for now, hope you enjoyed, see you in a virtual month's time, where by my calculations, I should be on 23 points! That'll be noice! For now though, cheers, Jonny.

Doin well, how many leagues down are you?

I'm in the Spanish Second Division which is the 3rd League and the lowest on the game I think, it is largely semi-professional and has a lot of the La Liga team's reserve squads in it.

Welcome to the November update, a bit slower than usual, had some technical problems :/

First of all, here are the results:

View attachment 100443

Firstly, I beat Tenerife 2-0, which I thought was a reasonable result, albeit rather expected. We didn't play that well in the match though, so for the next game I changed formation to a 3-1-2-1-3 in a bid to give myself more attacking options. This obviously paid off because I won the next game against 4th placed Toledo 4-2. We played much better attacking football this time round, but we could have been better at the back, so for the next game I made my defensive midfielder more defensive, and my full backs more defensive. We drew the next two games against better sides of Gimnastica and Leganes, but we more than deserved a draw and looked good for a win in both. The final game of the month was very un-eventful, with Athletico playing anti-football that just slowed the pace right down, and injured a few of my players, allowing them to break on just the one occasion and nab a goal. We probably should have at least equalised from one of the many sitters, but nothing materialised, so we lost 1-0, our first loss in 6 games. I'm pretty satisfied with this months work, as we played our best football yet, but I won't be comfortable until we get half the season done, which if you look at the table, is not too far off:

View attachment 100444

8th is a very good position for us, 8 points off the very top, and 14 clear of the very bottom. At this stage of the season we look in good shape to avoid the drop, I just have a niggling feeling that something will go wrong, so I am not getting too carried away just yet. In other news, Danny Welbeck is playing for Castilla, and Van Basten is AC Milan's new manager whilst I have turned down job offers from various teams including Turkish outfit Buraspor and Spaish Liga Adelante team Celta Vigo. I have made a promise to myself that I won't leave the club until we have had at least one season together, and even then it would have to really tempt me.

Anyway, cheers for now, Jonny.

I'm hanging up my boots with this story, I only have the one follower by the looks of things, so I think I''l stop posting on this, however, will continue with the game.

Cheers, Jonny.

I am dying to help if you want reporters or something, to make it unique!

I would like to help and it could generate some interest!

Doing really well there mate.
Just a little advice on the presentation front: try centering your work, and changing fonts, and maybe a bit more paragraphs. But overall excellent effort :)