Reaction score
The Kings of Prussia

“Vastly outgunned”
“A sure for relegation”
“The whipping boys”

The papers didn’t make good reading, less than 10 days after winning the 2 Bundesliga and we were expected to go back down. Bother,
I should probably explain myself here. 5 years ago, I was named manager of SC Preußen Münster, in Germany.

First season we finished fourth, on the final day, after losing to Cottbus, who finished third. I cried.
View attachment 221562

Second season, we finished third, and beat Heidenhiem in the playoff.
View attachment 221561 View attachment 221557

Third season, we finished fifteenth, and stayed up by the skin of our teeth.
View attachment 221560

Fourth season, we finished ninth, proving enough people wrong.
View attachment 221559

Fifth and last season, we finished first, winning the title on the final day. I’m not ashamed to admit I cried tears of joy.
View attachment 221558

As for me, well, former England international and Premier League player, I spent my entire career with my beloved hometown club, Ipswich Town.

Back to Münster though, with facilities akin to a P.O.W camp and a squad looking closer to a pub team than a Bundesliga team, we were off for our first season in the top flight since it began. A total gap of 56 years.
I only really had two stars to speak of in my team. One was Jorge Pereyra Díaz, an Argentine who arrived via four years in Malaysia, and the other Massimo Bruno, a Belgian outcast from RedBull Leipzig. My problem? Both wanted to leave.
Oh, and did I mention we have less money than Greece? Yeah, that’s an issue.

The Kings of Prussia

Bad news…

I’ve just written out my squad, only including players that I feel can do a job in the Bundesliga. There are six. Six out of an ideal twenty two. I’m in trouble.

Those six however (Goran Blazevic, Daniel Neubaueur, Emyr Huws, Fran Merida, Massimo Bruno and Jorge Pereyra Díaz) are very very good, just we can’t play with six.

View attachment 221556 View attachment 221555 View attachment 221554 View attachment 221553View attachment 221552 View attachment 221551

Being an Ipswich fan, I’ve had the chance to witness the Mick McCarthy model of transfers (loans and frees), couple this to my ideal of young, profitable players and there is my transfer ideals for this year.

​The Kings of Prussia

The Preußenstadion was never designed for the multi million pound men of the top division. The tunnel is cramped, the changing rooms are small (the away one anyway). Who cares though? It’s the first home Bundesliga game in nearly 56 years, and the fans have sold it right out. They’re being loud, oh so loud, just what I asked for before the season. It’s intimidating; I can see the Koln boys aren’t up for this like my lads are.

What a roar, our first Bundesliga win since 1960. 3-2 over what is a decent Koln side. Could not be prouder of the lads after that one.

View attachment 221550

The Kings of Prussia

What a first month in the Bundesliga! While I haven’t been able to add the total quality I wanted, we’ve picked up excellent results. Eleven points from the first six games.

Anyway, transfers first. In short, an okay window. A basically just okay window. We’ve brought in Magaye Guaye on a free, Kieran Weekes from Crystal Palace on loan, Daniel Koutouan from ASEC, Benedikt Gimber from Real Madrid, Galdos is back on loan from Real Socidedad, Dele Alli on loan from Tottenham, Levy Malinda on loan from Celta Vigo, and Barghi on a free.

View attachment 221541 View attachment 221540 View attachment 221539 View attachment 221538View attachment 221537 View attachment 221536 View attachment 221535 View attachment 221534

As I said, it’s okay, its depth and some quality. I’m really happy to get Gimber and Koutouan permanently though, both young (22 and 18 respectively) and will be our central defensive partnership for a fair few years hopefully. Barghi is a good as well, big strong ‘keeper, played senior since he was 18, still only 21 and potential to play for Argentina I’m sure.

Results where awesome. I’d expected to be bottom without any points if truth be told, but we aren’t we really aren’t.

View attachment 221546 View attachment 221545

Ambitious title - good luck wrestling the crown away from Dortmund! ;)

If you stay up the first season and maybe have a cup run then it should get you some more money in. From there you can really kick on. Good luck mate!

If you stay up the first season and maybe have a cup run then it should get you some more money in. From there you can really kick on. Good luck mate!

Hopefully we should be up, we've started well and without giving too much away, money should be fine!

Ambitious title - good luck wrestling the crown away from Dortmund! ;)

Pssssh, Dortmund? They definitely aren't the title holders and definitely don't have the best squad in the league ;)

Pssssh, Dortmund? They definitely aren't the title holders and definitely don't have the best squad in the league ;)

Still the biggest club in Prussia, though. Just like you would have to surpass Arsenal to be "Kings of London"... ;)

The Kings of Prussia

I’ll start with the good news. It’s the end of the year, 2020 starts tomorrow and we aren’t bottom! In fact, we’re vastly mid table. The results have been decent and we haven’t really had a run of “tough” fixtures, lucky us ehh. I guess that our ability to scrounge draws from defeats is saving us this year, as it did last year. For example, 0-0 at home to our nearest and dearest Borussia Dortmund is exceptional, and 1-1 away in Leverkusen is even better! Especially as we outplayed Leverkusen.

View attachment 221419 View attachment 221421 View attachment 221418

As you can see, the other results haven’t been too bad, I’d still like to tighten up the defence but that isn’t a priority right now. Maybe a new left back if I can scrounge together the pennies.

As far as bad news goes. Jorge still won’t sign a new deal, the money grabbing thunder twonk. However, interest in him has died down, despite scoring eight in his first ten. That’s it for bad news really.

Oh, and back to good news, I got a new deal, along with a successful takeover! Along with better youth facilities and recruitment, I mean, they’re still shocking but slightly better than before. Happy days.
View attachment 221423 View attachment 221422

The Kings of Prussia

Well, don’t seasons fly by when you’re having fun?! Our first year in the Bundesliga and what a season it’s been. I knew at the start of the season that our home form would be key, and if we could pick up points away from home, we’d be fine. However, I thought that we’d be getting battered home and away against the top teams, so to draw against Dortmund, and to make Bayern sneak through was something special. The results weren’t great during the second half of the season, but the Preußenstadion was a volatile place to come, with our supporters selling out every game and determining that it would be an atmosphere to scare anyone.

View attachment 220911 View attachment 220910

Forward into the next season then. #ForzaEagles

​The Kings of Prussia

It's cold. Oh so cold. Cold enough for the grass to be covered in snow in fact.

Who's idea was it to have the new kids train at the club on the 28th of February?! At 8 in the morning as well!!

I'm watching the strikers and 'keepers over to the left, and there's one kid who is unbeatable to put it simply. His report say's that he's 14 and 6ft 2". That's a good start, and yet the way he gets down to save some shot's is incredible! Going to sign him for sure!

View attachment 220399

Hans Filbry...you heard him here first!!

Last edited:
The Kings of Prussia

Well, that's been an interesting season! We've built on a very solid first season to finish fifth. FIFTH!!! Meaning we're in Europe and that I desperately need to strengthen my squad, given the fact I pretty much relied on loans for the season...

View attachment 220105 View attachment 220104

However, despite the shocking end of the season, we did pick up some very credible results. *cough* 2-0 against Bayern *cough*

View attachment 220103 View attachment 220102 View attachment 220101

Onwards and upwards for European glory! #ForzaEagles

great job with this save so far :) impressive how you can take such a small team and already be successful with them!

The Kings of Prussia

“The dream continues for Münster. Qualifying with ease from their Europa League group, and finding safety in mid table, despite injuries striking out key players for the eagles. We caught up with the manager, Richard Abbott, to discuss the season so far.”

Reporter - Richard, firstly, thank you for this interview and secondly, how do you think your reign has gone at the Preußenstadion?

Richard Abbott - Thank you for having me, it’s my pleasure. Personally, I feel my reign has gone incredibly, to take the club from the 3Liga to the Europa League is a dream, and one that I hope won’t stop anytime soon.

R - Wow, well, what are your goals for the upcoming seasons?

R.A - To take the team to the top. Simple as that really. Thinking longer term than that, to make a club that can sustain being at the top, similar to Bayern and Dortmund.

R - And how do you plan on that?

R.A - Firstly, improving the youth facilities and academy to a level where players are ready for senior football at 17-18 rather that 21-22. After that, work on getting the stadium, and support, to a level that we can sell out every match and make money without overcharging the fans. Lastly, make us attractive to everyone, not just the fans of underdogs.

R - How long do you think this will take to implement and set up?

R.A - Oh, dear god, easily over twenty years! It’s a definite long term project.

R - On to performances and results now. How do you feel the season has gone domestically?

R.A - I’ll get the excuses in early; I think we’ve been cursed by injuries so far and haven’t been able to build up any form because of this. Against that however, the youngsters have been excellent when they’ve come in. I mean, safely mid table with some good results is okay for now, but the less said about the German Cup the better!

R - What about Europe? You’ve certainly impressed in your first season.

R.A - Couldn’t really have asked for anything better! Incredibly gutsy performances away in Malmo and Belgrade, hopefully a good result when we go to Kiev. To qualify after four matches is special though, and it now gives me a chance to rotate and give some of the younger players a taste of senior football.

R - How are you looking, transfer wise, for the future?

R.A - I’m happy with squad at the moment, they’re doing well and I don’t feel any additions would be good for the side. Other than that sign Vadillio permanently, and keep Jeremie [Boga] here forever!

R - Thank for the interview Richard, and all the best for the rest of the season.

R.A - Not a problem, thank you for having me

The Kings of Prussia

HAPPY…1st of February everybody!!

Just a small word to say that we’ve done lots of juicy permanent transfers and less loans that last year! Yay us, we now have money *grins smugly*.

View attachment 219517
Right, well, Garćes has been a mighty fine signing for £8.5k, can’t believe he was transfer listed by Valencia! Adding to our Spanish contingent was Xavier Pascual and Moises Vega, who hasn’t had much chance due to James Irwin’s insane form. Everyone else has been solid, if unspectacular.

In the league, we’re mid-table, which is what I wanted with our Europa League campaign. There’s been some disappointing results, but I can attribute them to injuries to key people. However, on the whole, performances have been very good, even if we’ve been losing instead of drawing.

View attachment 219519 View attachment 219518

The afore mentioned Europa League has been sublime. Five wins and a draw in our maiden group stage was enough to send us flying through to a meeting with CSKA Moskva, and I fancy our chances against them! The only negative with the whole adventure has been playing away from the Preußenstadion, and at the rewirpowerSTADION, as our stadium doesn’t meet UEFA standards. Shame that.

View attachment 219521*

As for the German Cup…well, F**k that.

View attachment 219520

The Kings of Prussia

*And the 2023 Europa League Champions…in their debut season…

SC PREUßEN MÜNSTER*

You can’t understand how much this means to me on a personal level, having been in charge during the Third Division spell and now winning the Europa League. Party in Münster tonight!!

View attachment 219194