The Language Barrier - A Malaga Story.

JoshSheppard

Reaction score
Malaga F.C, a team with huge ambitions, and also a new manager wanting to win the league, however long it takes. With the ambitions of the chairman who has put a large transfer budget in the team to buy new players, some call them the Manchester City of La Liga. After taking the job, the chairman offered me, I had to be a strong manager with ambitions like the chairman's. I've always wanted to work with a Spanish side, even though I can't speak the language and don't have a clue about the culture, I love the football, and We as a team will bring some players in, take over Europe and be the best in the world, mark my words.

Hello Mr Sheppard,
I just wanted to tell you I've brought you a house for your family and 2 little boys, six bedroom villa for yourself, with a pool and a tennis court. You deserve it. Also I am very happy to tell you if you have any backroom staff you want to bring in, just let me know, and I have given you a transfer budget and a wage budget to bring in new faces, and I want these players to do something for the club.. I'm glad you have taken up on the offer of the job, I will see you at the training ground tomorrow at 9am

Let's do this
Sheikh Nasser Abdullah
Club Chairman

Press Conferance

How's everything going for you in Malaga?

It's time to start, me and my family have settled well, and my kids love it, the pool is amazing and I'm here to stay. I promise each and every one of you we will be the champions of Europe, give it time.

What will you bring to the club?

I will bring success, success is in the blood. My dad taking Juventus and Roma to 4 trophy's each at his time there, and I want to beat him, although it's a shame he's not with us any more.

How involved in the club do you want to be?

I have a family, it will be tough, but I'm here for ever player, my assistant will be helping me out all the way, but for now I will say I will be involved for how ever long time allows me too. That's it for the questions today, I have a family to get back too. Thankou very Much

Thankyou Mr Sheppard.

5th July 2011

Malaga Boss Josh Sheppard, spoke to his new staff and took their advice on playing the formation of a 4-4-2 diamond. Also speaking to the chairman asking for new youth facilities, which the chairman has agreed too. This will be completed in October 2012, due to it not being started till the end of the season. Also we've been given an excess of 27 million pounds. Josh Sheppard has told the press, he has a few players in mind.

8th July 2011

Sheppard looks like he's diving straight into the transfer market with rumours being that he is very interested in Santos' centre midfielder Arouca, and Bayer Leverkusens Renato Augusto in mind too. He's also expressed the fact none of his players are for sale, unless someone comes in with the right bid.

12th July 2011

Andre Wisdom becomes Sheppard's first transfer, young English centre back has joined the club on a 100k deal from Liverpool, Sheppard has announces he a hot prospect for the future.

13th July 2011

Renato Augusto becomes Sheppard's second summer signing, at a deal expected to be around the 10 millions euro's mark. The young Brazillian play maker has said to be ecstatic at signing for a club with such high hopes as Malaga.

15th July 2011

Sheppard brings in Athletics's centre back Borja Ekiza, Sheppard believes he's a decent player who can perform for such a big team as Malaga, the player is sad to leave the fans but is happy to have a fresh start at Malaga FC. They have also bought in play maker Ibrahim Afellay from Barcelona for just 1.7 million euro's which Sheppard has stated the deal as a 'bargain buy'.

21st July 2011

Sheppard carries on bringing new faces in, first is fitness coach Gian Biscotti, and also 36 ear old Ze Roberto on a free transfer, he has a very close relationship with Gian, and hopes he get on well with the current back room staff.

24th July 2011

Sheppard has decided to go with a narrow pitch for the season ,due to the fact, he isn't a man to play down the flank, as he likes passing through the team and making early shots on goal.

26th July 2011

Vannes OC 0-2 Malaga

Ruud Van Nistelrooy scoring the first goal for Malaga with Duda smashing home the 2nd, overall a good performance with Duda getting the M.O.T.M award, after a storming second half performance.

29th July 2011

Spain drawn with France in the world cup qualifiers, going to be a tough challenge to win that.

31st July 2011

Cordoba 1-6 Malaga

With centre back Martin Demichelis getting the first goal on the score sheet, then Santi Cazorla getting two in quick succession, the game was basically already over. Just after half time it was nice to see new signing Ibrahim Affellay get on the score sheet, with Rondon and Augusto scoring two just before the final whistle. Disappointing to see Helder Rosario get a straight red card though. Great performance.

any feedback or any people who are following this, please let me know, cheers.

3rd August 2011

Sunderland 1-0 Malaga

With both teams fielding a second kind of team, we succumbed to a loss to English side Sunderland. It all went from bad to worse for Josh's side, as they conceded early and also missed a penalty, after that, not a lot happened.

6th August 2011

Jaen 1-3 Malaga

Back to winning ways for the mighty Malaga, who are hoping to keep up this form into the season, also nice to see Van Nistelrooy take home the match ball with 3 excellent goals.

8th August 2011

News coming in from Malaga boss Josh Sheppard, that there could be one more player on the way, rumours around the club, say it could be De Jong from Manchester City, but is it? too soon to say.

10th August 2011

Duda announced as club captain, he is said to be very happy leading the team onto the pitch and is happy working with Mr Sheppard.

11th August 2011

Nigel De Jong signs for Malaga bringing Sheppard's signing force to a close, as he signs on a 4 year deal estimated at around 9 million euro's with a 76k per week contract.

12th August 2011

Malaga 1-0 Inter Milan

This will probably be our best result of the season, Ranieri ' Malaga played us of the park and we were not match for them' So proud of the team, with Joaquin scoring the only goal.

17th August 2011

Valencia offered 3.5 million euro's for Jesus Gamez, which Sheppard rejected due to him being a key player for his team.

22nd August 2011

Juventus make an enquiry for Martin Demichelis, which Mr Sheppard easily rejected because he's the best part of his defence.

27th August 2011

Mr Sheppard attended a press conference for their first game of the season away at Sevilla. Sheppard has said to be so happy to finally get his chance in this first league game. Also he has told the Malaga fans there will be Europa football for them next season.

28th August 2011

Sevilla 2-1 Malaga

Disappointing performance for the blue and white army, we were battered out there, Van Nistelrooy seems like the only person who can score right night, not happy.