The Last Guardian

Raikan007

Reaction score
I was doing a little search on some new games (different to the ones that we all know of. Diablo III, Portal 2, Battlefield 3 etc) and I came across this title...

I personally have never heard of it nor played a game developed by this company, but with the little I have seen, this game looks like a classic in the making! I am hoping that it is the Inception of the gaming world, truelly imaginative and engrossingly brilliant!

Downside:

the boys graphics seem a little Cartoony and the game focuses more on puzzles (which is great as long as there is a strong story that goes along with it which I am sure it will)

Trailer:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHzHoMT5eRg"]YouTube - The Last Guardian - Official E3 Trailer [HD][/ame]

Preview
Compliments of Gamespot:

PS3 exclusive, should probably put that in the title.

From the makers of the PS2 title Shadow of the Colossus, a truly epic game. They seem to have an ability to create an incredible atmosphere with excellent music and very tactical gameplay. The puzzles are truly fantastic, and very rewarding upon completion. Their PS2 title was so good that there has been much talk of making a film (whch would be a huge mistake imo) and I can't wait for the release of this game, even though I am not overly impressed by the baby griffin creature. Looks quality

Hmm pretty sure I made a thread about this a year or two ago. Can't seem to find it so I guess not.

Anyway, really looking forward to this. From what I've heard it basically looks like a mash-up between ICO (Awesome game) & Sotc (Awesome game) so surely this will be an awesome game!

Don't expect much of a story though Raikan. There's been pretty much none in the previous games.

Hmm pretty sure I made a thread about this a year or two ago. Can't seem to find it so I guess not.

Anyway, really looking forward to this. From what I've heard it basically looks like a mash-up between ICO (Awesome game) & Sotc (Awesome game) so surely this will be an awesome game!

Don't expect much of a story though Raikan. There's been pretty much none in the previous games.

Basically This. (sorry DMF, please don't report me)

Has the same sort of vibe to ICO & Sotc. Hopefully it will be something else for us to fuzz about Lee.

Also, any more news on ICO HD?

Never played ICO, was it a ps3 release? If this has anything like the atmosphere that sotc had then it should be awesome. I hope that there is little to no dialog because that really seemed to work in sotc

Never played ICO, was it a ps3 release? If this has anything like the atmosphere that sotc had then it should be awesome. I hope that there is little to no dialog because that really seemed to work in sotc

PS2. It was an epic game. I heard rumours about it being re-released on the ps store in HD. If you still have your ps2 or have backwards compatibility then buy it! It's a must play.

The heavily rumoured ICO / Shadow of the Colossus high definition PlayStation 3 collection will be released in March or April next year and cost "around £24.99", industry sources have told Eurogamer.

It's up on the usual sites play/shopto/thehut for pre-order.

2012? Who has it as that? Everywhere I hear it's this March/April.

The heavily rumoured ICO / Shadow of the Colossus high definition PlayStation 3 collection will be released in March or April next year and cost "around £24.99", industry sources have told Eurogamer.

It's up on the usual sites play/shopto/thehut for pre-order.

Got confused by that ^^ Now I am excited XD

dissappointed to hear that it may lack in the story aspect, games like this you would expect to have a compelling story line as it seems to lack some other features...

I will definately wait on feedback before buying it, on a positive side, it looks the PS3 is starting to take advantage of its processing power and deliver some great visuals...