The Last Hurrah of FM13- A boyhood dream realised!

MrStu01

Reaction score
So the poll results are in and after much deliberation and planning i have a save for you guys...my last of FM13 enjoy and please comment :)

"Ever since i was young i have dreamt of becoming a Football Manager!"

As he sat home reading the daily paper English boss Stuart Moore couldn't help remembering those boyhood words to his father... "Daddy, one day i want to become a Football Manager." How his favourite sport had changed so much since those days. The days where talent was abundant and allegiance meant everything. Heroes such as Del Piero, Raul, Cole & Yorke, Figo and many others graced the lush green turf week after week to entertain millions. Now he couldn't help wonder where it had all gone wrong. The game he now stepped into was money fuelled and the largest cheque books ruled the markets. Thankfully during his most recent spells at Braga and Leeds United, Moore had encountered no such drama and managed to go about his own business privately but that was all about to change....

Bowyer quits as Venki's plan club overhaul

View attachment 376867

As Moore began reading the story in the paper he could not believe it. His beloved boyhood club Blackburn Rovers were being tarnished by Indian chicken farmers. Picking up the phone he began a long conversation with his agent regarding the pro's and cons of approaching this job.

Over the coming days many names were linked with the vacancy including Tim Sherwood and Alan Shearer but no moves were made by Blackburn. All over the media Moore was mentioned as the outsider even as other manager ruled themselves out of the running.

View attachment 376864

Jim White: "It has emerged today that former Leeds boss Stuart Moore has moved one step closer to taking over his beloved Blackburn Rovers as bookies all over the country have slashed the odds of him being named Gary Bowyer's successor"

At Ewood Park Moore arrived in a blacked out Audi and drove right up to the door refusing to talk to press on his way into the club. He was heading to a meeting and did not want to be late. Following long and drawn out talks with Mr. Shaw and representatives of the Singh family Moore left and proceeded to return home through the clamour of press trying to get a word. Now he must play the waiting game.

View attachment 376873

Rovers hand Moore 'dream' job

Sitting at home just a week after reading the original shock news of Gary Bowyer's departure Stuart Moore couldn't help but smile to himself as he read the headline. So he had his dream job and he knew exactly what he wanted to do with it, winning the fans over was a challenge he had faced before and he knew the best way was a return to the top flight and the answer on how to do that lay right in front of him... ARTE ET LABORE

images

images

Arte Et Labore- By Skill and Hard Work

Blackburn Rovers Fact File:

Founded: 1875
Nickname: Rovers
Colours: Blue and White
Ground: Ewood Park
Capacity: 31,154

View attachment 376903 View attachment 376904
As a club Blackburn have a few honours in their trophy cabinet, however they have gone 10 years since their last trophy win. They do boast a Premiership title win in 1995 but have had no consistent success since 1970s.

View attachment 376909
Some good facilities particularly the youth setup. This will hopefully enable the production of some good youngsters who will be in the first team eventually. There are also good training facilities which will help develop the players and learn tactics.

Squad Report:
View attachment 376911

Key Players:
View attachment 376915 View attachment 376913 View attachment 376916

So this is the task facing new boss Stuart Moore as he takes over the reigns of management at Ewood Park. Will he guide the club back to the heights of England's top division or will he be another of the Venki's statistics?

1st Update: Pre-Season and Transfer Stories

Last edited:
images

Pre-Season and Transfer Window roundup

21.7.2012 (a) vs. Shrewsbury
1-1
King 17'

26.7.2012 (a) vs. Distillery
0-0

30.7.2012 (a) vs. Donegal Celtic
1-4
Judge 13' 22', Lowe 39', Mullholland o.g. 54'

3.8.2012 (a) vs. Dungannon
0-1
Rhodes 80'

11.8.2012 (a) vs. Pune FC
1-2
Pedersen 11', Rhodes 58'

View attachment 377030
A good move on the part of the club as Moore won his first battle with the owners of finding a parent club to help Blackburn secure new talent and increase yearly revenue.

Transfer Window
Despite inheriting the club from Gary Bowyer and with rich owners, Moore was left with very little to try and achieve his ambitions with.
Budget: 800k

The first duty was to lower the wage bill as the club were losing money there and the sale of Robbie Cotton and loan deals for Henrique and Bruno Ribeiro helped towards that target. Further loan deals enabled Moore to try improving the team.

View attachment 377010

Because of budget restrictions Moore was only able to add 2 signings to his Blackburn squad.

Ruben Amorim
Tommy Spurr
View attachment 377019 View attachment 377021

Unfortunately there was one disappointment
View attachment 377025
The loss of Rochina is a big blow to Moore's ambitions of returning to the Premier League.

Now thats rounded up if you guys have any questions you would like answering or ways to make this story more interactive and fun to read let me know before we carry on.

images

Season 2012/13
August & September

Npower Championship

18.8.2012- (h) vs Leicester
2-1
Rochina 5', 11'

21.8.2012- (a) vs Milwall
1-2
Campbell 53' Pedersen 79'

25.8.2012- (h) vs Sheffield Wednesday
0-1
First defeat of the season was disappointing for Moore as his side offered little to change their fortunes.

1.9.2012- (a) vs Huddersfield
0-0

15.9.2012- (h) vs Middlesborough
2-0
Steele (og) 53' Campbell 59'

18.9.2012- (a) vs Wigan
3-2
Best 57' Rhodes 70'

A very unlucky result for Moore's boys away at Wigan as they dominated but two late goals saw Wigan claim 3 pts today.

22.9.2012- (h) vs Burnley
1-0
Best 3'

A victory over the rivals in an uneventful match. Injuries to Best and Campbell overshadow the result

29.9.2012- (a) vs Bournemouth
1-1
Rhodes 59'

Capital One Cup

15.8.2012- 1st Round
(h) vs Preston
2-0
Best 45', 72'

28.8.2012- 2nd Round
(a) vs Everton
3-2
Best 29' Rhodes 78'

Thoughts so far
A good start to Stuart Moore's reign in charge of Blackburn and despite the loss to Sheffield Wednesday the team have played brilliantly and have shown a lot of heart and fight. The defeats to Everton and Wigan could so easily have gone the other way and it is with credit that Moore accepted those defeats when chatting to the media. The promotion push is alive and kicking heading into October.

Star Player
Scott Dann - 7.48
images

Last edited:
Been doing a lot of January Transfer stuff so it has slowed down my update. Also having a few issue with pictures not displaying. Should be up tomorrow

Good start mate, any chance of a league table at the end of every update? Also, maybe a screenshot of players you sign so we can see what they are like in game :)

Good start mate, any chance of a league table at the end of every update? Also, maybe a screenshot of players you sign so we can see what they are like in game :)

Absolutely mate no problem i will try and get a post done soon and then give a low down on the players i have signed and want to sign. Thanks for the support

images

Season 2012/13
October & November

Npower Championship

2.10.2012 (a) vs. QPR
1-2
Rhodes 8' Best 29'

6.10.2012 (h) vs. Blackpool
0-0

20.10.2012 (h) vs. Doncaster
0-0

24.10.2012 (h) vs. Charlton
2-2
Rhodes 14', 31'

27.10.2012 (a) vs. Bolton
1-2
Best 13' King 47'

3.11.2012 (a) vs. Barnsley
1-1
Best 74'

7.11.2012 (h) vs. Watford
2-0
Spurr 42' King 87'

10.11.2012 (a) vs. Birmingham
2-2
Campbell 4', 60'

17.11.2012 (h) vs. Brighton
0-0

24.11.2012 (a) vs. Yeovil
0-1
Pedersen 64'

28.11.2012 (h) vs. Ipswich
0-0

View attachment 378459
SO Moore's team are sitting pretty in the playoffs however the problem is too many draws!

Thoughts so far
View attachment 378466
Well an unbeaten run is causing a stir in Blackburn's camp. This also means that Stuart has seen his team climb into the playoff positions. A major boost for the club but can it continue? An injury to goalkeeper Paul Robinson has put that in question.

Star Player
Morten Gamst Pedersen - 7.69

images

Last edited:

LEAKED!

A look at Rovers transfer policy

As we saw in the summer both Ruben Amorim and Tommy Spurr were added to Rovers squad.
View attachment 379234View attachment 379235

So heading into January who is on Rovers radar? The inside scoop as transfer gossip is leaked

Albert Riera - Left Midfield
View attachment 379239
As Olsson is the only natural wide left player Rovers have with Pedersen playing from the opposite flank it is natural to look for backup or a regular starter to help out and this ex Liverpool man fits the bill. A potential loan deal is preferred however a permanent transfer would not be refused.

Adam Federici- Goalkeeper

View attachment 379237
The Reading shot stopper has expressed his want to leave the club and Blackburn are looking into a deal. Ideal as a replacement for Paul Robinson but what will that mean for Jake Kean? Too much competition maybe.

Corry Evans- Centre Midfield

View attachment 379223
Despite the addition of Ruben Amorim, Rovers are still looking to bolster their midfield and are studying the movements of Corry Evans closely. It is believed that the Hull City star is unlikely to want to move but he is a high priority on Moore's list.

Danny Fox- Left Back

View attachment 379229
Short of quality in this position a loan move for Danny Fox is certainly a potential in January however will Moore look for a short term fix or is he looking more long term? Danny Fox may end up as a stop gap and is only being mentioned in hushed tones right now but a move to Ewood could be in his future

Roman Pavlyuchenko- Striker

View attachment 379230
A Premier league signing and one that Moore is very keen to add to his squad if or when they are promoted. The Russian has an eye for goal and has the top level quality to help move Blackburn forward but with a wealth of strikers how will Rovers fit him in? Negotiations may begin early here.

Last edited:
Will defo follow this mate as I'm an avid rovers fan! every time I start a rovers save the first thing I do is fire shebby Singh :D hopefully u can get us back in the prem where we belong :)

Will defo follow this mate as I'm an avid rovers fan! every time I start a rovers save the first thing I do is fire shebby Singh :D hopefully u can get us back in the prem where we belong :)

Fingers crossed totally. Always find Blackburn a struggle but hoping i will be better equipped after season 1. Is there a way to fire them? Would LOVE that!

View attachment 379383
And so the dream is over just 6 months in....

Stuart Moore has been relieved of duty by Shebby Singh and has returned home. A winless December has seen Rovers slip down to 8th in Npower Championship and that signaled the end of his tenure.
Upon leaving Ewood Park Stuart remained unavailable for comment and drove swiftly into the horizon but Blackburn Rovers released a statement thanking Moore for his time and fresh input to the club and announced that a mutually beneficial agreement was reached for the benefit of Moore and Blackburn Rovers and ended finally with those five chilling words all managers hate....

With Luck and Best Wishes

Last edited: