The last serious Match Engine exploit?

Zebedee

Reaction score
wwfan said:
There shouldn't be exploits in the ME, but life is not perfect. TylerBode's system has found what I think is the last remaining serious one. For those that are constantly asking, it relates to how a flat middle three supported by advanced wingers easily hold possession because the middle MC doesn't get marked by the AI. He consistently provides an easy outball for the whole team, guaranteeing a large amount of possession and can pick his passes at will. Furthermore, because he isn't a DMC, he is higher up the pitch, making his aggressive passes far more dangerous as they have less distance to travel. He can thus easily step up and lauch a ball to the wings that the opposing full backs can't deal with as they are trying to press the midfield, and the advanced wingers are suddenly freed to break. Any semi-decent player in that position will dominate. Given that perhaps only 3 people have actually picked up on this, and have had to watch user tactics to have done so, it is unrealistic to have expected it to have been picked up in testing. It is a formation the AI doesn't use, isn't in the default shapes and the exploit is not obvious at first glance.

From the SI forums.

This is what makes Tylerbode's tactics work. So 4-3-2-1 for the win. Meh.

Thanks for posting that. I never realised there were any major exploits like that.

Ouh, I was just thinking of using a tactic like that, but with the exploit present, duh. Not a tactical victory to enjoy. :(

At least I haven't used it yet, so I don't have any past victory ruined :D

Thanks for posting that. I never realised there were any major exploits like that.

Now that you mention that it, I was Chelsea just recently using that formation (not tylers) and dominated.

El Diablo beats all though...i miss it

Tylerbodes tactic is 4-4-2 though?!

Yeah, and used is Eagle (4-3-2-1) tactic and it didn't work as good as his 4-4-2. But if that's an exploit, I'll play with it, to see how it goes.

Tylerbodes tactic is 4-4-2 though?!

The tactic being referred to was a 4-3-2-1. The other 'exploit' is why Tylerbode's tactics work well on small pitches - high pressing which is uncoordinated which confuses the AI. On a large pitch, the AI however is able to cope better and take advantage of the poorly set-up fullbacks.

The tactic being referred to was a 4-3-2-1. The other 'exploit' is why Tylerbode's tactics work well on small pitches - high pressing which is uncoordinated which confuses the AI. On a large pitch, the AI however is able to cope better and take advantage of the poorly set-up fullbacks.

So, a 4-3-2-1 in a narrow pitch should confuse the AI completely? Generally speaking, of course.

Thnaks. I saw it and it was quite helpful but for another reason. It helped me configure my defence.lol Cheers.

Lol

Just to explain to others, the thread linked has got an analysis by wwfan of tylerbode's tactics in some detail. Really, really interesting reading .