Reaction score
View attachment 283406
ROBERTO MARTÍNEZ SACKED

It has been official that Roberto Martínez is no longer the manager of Wigan Athetlic FC - confirmed by the clubs official twitter page. It has been said that the chairman Dave Whelan wasn't statisfied with Wigans progress as a club with Martínez in charge and was prepared to bring in new blood to turn the bad trend around. The early favourite for the job was the ex Wolves man Mick McCarthy, but later, Wigans official twitter page confirmed that they had signed the completely unknown Mille Braun as their manager.

In an interview with BBC, Dave Whelan said "I'm assured that Braun is the right man for the Latics. Even though his reputation isn't the best, his tactical knowledge and passion is top class and I believe he has all the attributes to take Wigan to the next level."

View attachment 283407
In his first press conference, Braun stated that "He was delighted with the opportunity he was given and he would make sure that he'd make the best out of this chance" and he also made sure that all Wigan fans should expect attractive football.

THE BEGINNING
View attachment 283409
The completely unknown 25 year old Swede was provided with £6.3M budget to spend in the summer, and straight away Braun was dipping his toes in to the transfer market, with Wellington Nem as his main target. Braun has avoided any questions about Wellington Nem and told the media "I don't like to comment on speculation, sorry."

SHOCKING PRE-SEASON FROM BRAUNS' MEN

View attachment 283410
The start Mille Braun got as the Wigan manager was far from ideal, with some horiffic pre-season results. Braun has said that "I dont worry about the results, because the pre-season was only to get everyone matchfit. These things take time, we're using a completely new style of play and everyone needs to get settled in nicely before we can play to our full potential."

TRANSFERS - INS & OUTS

View attachment 283411
We definately had to pay much for Lee Chung-Yong, but I felt it was necessary. Both signings made will be key this season - we need to have both on form throughout the season to reach that mid-table spot.

Last edited:
DIFFICULT START TO THE PL CROWNED BY FANTASTIC CUP RESULT

View attachment 283412

We had a difficult start to the season, starting with Arsenal away and Man City at home - I would have been delighted with 1 point these 2 games, but it wasn't to be. We got completely ran over by Arsenal after taking the lead and versus City we suffered a narrow loss.

Player of the month: With not much to choose from, Wellington Nem is the player of the month after solid performances in
both PL games.
View attachment 283413