W4NKER

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried playing a career where you assign everything out to your staff? For example:

• [*=center]Allowing the Director of Football to buy/sell players
    [*=center]Let Head of Youth Development sign young players
    [*=center]Let Assistant handle training
...and so on.

I might start one just to see how the staff manage with as little input as possible from a human player.

So anyone tried it? How did you get on?
Thoughts/opinions?

So i decided to give it a go in the Premier League. I auto selected a team and it gave me Liverpool so off i go...

current-liverpool-crest.jpg

Staff Responsibilities

View attachment 316084

As you can see everything is assigned to a member of staff. On the new update Liverpool have no transfer budget so there'll be no activity in this window as I want to keep the current crop of players.

Only activity was the Head of Youth Development officer loaning out a few of the youth team..

View attachment 316085

And the Managing Director hiring some coaching staff...

View attachment 316086

Top top top of the league!!

Surprisingly we sit top of the table after a couple of months.

View attachment 316101

View attachment 316102

I fear I'll have to have some input though to keep morale high amongst the players particularly after poor results.

I've managed to download an Instant Result skin which allows me to leave the matches to the assistant and can therefore process quickly through the season. Hopefully our form continues.

We were only given a transfer budget of £875,000 so I might look at trying to sell Downing or someone to raise some funds for the Director of Football to maybe make a signing or two.

This'll be interesting! Especially to see if the staff can keep up continual success!

LIVERPOOL REMAIN TOP!

As off Jan 1st we have a 3 point lead at the top of the EPL, through to the knockout rounds in Europe and into the semi finals of the League Cup. All is going well.

View attachment 316114

View attachment 316115

The Director of Football sold Stewart Downing to Inter Milan for £6.5m but the board have only returned £1.9m of that for player purchases so I can't envisage the DoF getting a player in this window. Hopefully with Champions League football all but guaranteed we will see an improvement in transfer funds next summer.

I'm new to the role of Director of Football. Do I need to add players to the Transfer Target list or will he bid for players regardless?

I'm new to the role of Director of Football. Do I need to add players to the Transfer Target list or will he bid for players regardless?

He will bid for players anyway, but in my experience doesn't often get anyone decent.

I'm with a story, currently in low level teams with small budgets and I'm finding that the teams aren't reinforced right. The low quality has an excuse as the teams aren't ones to attract anything great; but if I had not stepped in in one of the seasons I would have been forced to play without goalkeepers.

He will bid for players anyway, but in my experience doesn't often get anyone decent.

I'm with a story, currently in low level teams with small budgets and I'm finding that the teams aren't reinforced right. The low quality has an excuse as the teams aren't ones to attract anything great; but if I had not stepped in in one of the seasons I would have been forced to play without goalkeepers.
Oh right, so I might be better off just adding suitable players to the Transfer Target list rather than leaving the DoF a completely free reign on transfers?

Speaking from my experience, that's definitely true when managing teams in lower levels or with reduced budgets; but it may change with top level teams with ample budgets.

There's also to consider in those higher teams you'll likely have a director of football with better scouting ability, more tactical knowledge and better reputation to get the players you really need.

Since you started this as a matter of an experiment and you're on a top team, I would suggest that for this to shed light on the matter, either leave it completely on his hands or limit the setting of targets to the last weeks of the transfer window should the squad have obvious holes.

Also note that the targets aren't worked with simultanously but in sequence, from top to bottom. The DoF won't place an offer for the second until he's already got the first to sign or failed to do so. I haven't followed how long each tends to take, but I'd give it two-three days per target.