The Leeds United Thread

Lad with great potential for us, was hunted also by big clubs but I think we managed to sing him down at start of the year. Can play CB and CDM, huge for his age and already starting to push for first team. Think if we would have stayed down we could have seen a lot more of him.

Why asking?
Remember hearing a bit of talk about him a while back. And just this min signing him on FM as a wonder kid ?

Remember hearing a bit of talk about him a while back. And just this min signing him on FM as a wonder kid ?
He is beast in FM yeah, really hope he can live up to those stats. I think physically he will be strong and fast, but must have game time to develope other aspects of the game. Rather see him as CB, because until Phillips stays with us he wont get playing time there. Also it is 100 times harder to find top CB and if he comes from our ranks it would be amazing. Definetly will see him in cup games.

He is beast in FM yeah, really hope he can live up to those stats. I think physically he will be strong and fast, but must have game time to develope other aspects of the game. Rather see him as CB, because until Phillips stays with us he wont get playing time there. Also it is 100 times harder to find top CB and if he comes from our ranks it would be amazing. Definetly will see him in cup games.
One to keep an eye on. Maybe gets some cup mins this season?

Agent Dallas in the works. Leeds must be close to his hearth if he does this.
Just wait few years and we will bring you home.

I know the links to his dad there. (Said at the time there was absolutely nottin in the Utd links as there was zero way he'd EVER go there given his father's status at both Leeds and City.). But the fella' that's stepped up in Salzburg after he left, Patson Daka, is scoring at an even higher rate than Haaland did.

He looks cracking potential.

I know the links to his dad there. (Said at the time there was absolutely nottin in the Utd links as there was zero way he'd EVER go there given his father's status at both Leeds and City.). But the fella' that's stepped up in Salzburg after he left, Patson Daka, is scoring at an even higher rate than Haaland did.

He looks cracking potential.
Don’t think that’s the case at all. It was well reported we really wanted him but the clause was the sticking point similar to what’s holding up the Regulion deal atm. His farther actually has a good relationship with Ole and Haland has met Ole a few times.

@Scouseinthehouse
Ready to rumble?
This attention is getting too much already :D

I appreciate it out-dates you somewhat but it should be getting all the attention.

Traditionally speaking, there's not much bigger English game/ rivalry than L'pool- Leeds that you could wish for as an opening day game.

Just a real pity that Leeds fans, in particular, can't experience it live. Anfield would have been beyond wild Sat'day tea-time welcoming the Champions.

That's maybe the one slight 'leveller' somewhat to go in Leeds favour. The lack of fans in the ground. But then L'pool are only 5 games away from a new club record of their longest unbeaten home run. Currently, that stands at a whopping 59 games. With their last home loss coming FOUR seasons ago back in April 2017 against Palace.

All the best trying to be the first team in forever to end that.

I'd say your best bet is to try get away with a respectable scoreline and not a 4 wallopping like Norwich last years opener. Anything else would be a major bonus for Leeds.

But don't be too despondent if they did get a lesson mate. It's not every day Leeds will be facing the World champions.

We're ready and raring to go again.

As the manager says, we aren't defending the title. We're attacking the next one!

All the best.

I'm really intrigued with a lot of things for the PL opener.

As I've noted on these here pages before, for me, as mad as it may sound being as he's not so much as managed one PL game, Bielsa is one of the top 3 coaches in England. So you've 2 of them going head-to-head against each other to open the season. Both who's respective teams won their respective leagues last season. It'll be really interesting to see what Bielsa has planned to counteract Klopp as you know, like the German, he'll have left NO stone unturned in his exhaustive planning for this one.

Sidenote- Another reason, as much I don't care for Leeds, I really hope Leeds flourish and he stays. It'd be great to have a proper, respectful rivalry going between the two like Shankly and Revie had the 60's and 70's when the rivalry was at it's highest. I love the story Don used to tell of Shanks, without fail, calling his house every Sunday morning to tell him for a half-hour or so how brilliant L'pool had been the previous day/ were, to only then end the call before Don could respond about Leeds. ? But Revie took it as the respect between both men was how it should be. And make NO mistake. Bill Shankly held the great Don Revie in the HIGHEST esteem as a manager. In the same way, he naturally had the utmost respect for another bona fide all-time great sadly no longer with us. Sir Matt Busby.

But I digress ..... back to the game .....

I'm super curious as to what L'pool set up with? Our two best players in this uniquely different and shortened pre-season have been Minamino and Keita by a long chalk. And the use of the 4-2-3-1 has really allowed both to showcase everything as to why they are both so highly rated at Anfield. Taki, although not a flying winger like Steve, has been McManaman-esq in his roaming free #10 role to devastating effect this pre-season. And Naby finally playing in a 2 has shown everything that made him so coveted when he was in Leipzig. The perfect, two-way box-to-box menace with a unique skill-set not many midfielders have nowadays.

Does he start like that? Does he set out with our more normal starting 4-3-3 and then tweak and switch during the game as we so often do as to what the match/ opposition gives us? The front three have all been playing within themselves the extended training sessions that are our pre-season games, but you know they'll be totally up for it when the proper stuff starts Saturday. Is Jordan deemed fit enough to start after barely a weeks pre-season in his legs? So many intriguing questions around this one.

Should be an absolute belter for peoples Saturday tea-time viewing this.

Just a real pity again that we're in the horrible Worldwide situation we are and we're deprived of watching it live at the ground. :(

Last edited:
Never in doubt. Thats why i did not think to post it here. It was always sure he is and will stay here.

No contract will hold Bielsa down, he goes when he wants and stays when he believes in the club.

I'm really intrigued with a lot of things for the PL opener.

Never been so anxious and happy to see us play. It is proud day to all that have worked hard and given everything. From top to bottom off the club, where all the clubs mentality and vision has changed. Cant thank passionate and caring owner Radz, but Bielsa is still the key who turned the clubs to completely different side from the inside. It might be hard to phantom the changes from outside that has happened but seeing it evolve day to day has been blast and huge for us. Take the philosophy down to roots and the club will flourish long.
It is amazing to see our most first team players from last season also coming to pitch at big stage where they deserve to be.

I am sad not to know so indepth those stories other PL fans have about us, even if might be hateful towards us. But now is the time to make new stories and look into the future.

As of tactics I think people over think that Bielsa will think some huge clever plan against others. He will not, he has his gameplan what he tries to make perfect and changes are small to maybe suit better opponent. The players are tailored for it.

Marching On Together

Good luck tomorrow mate.

Here's to a better game and no injuries.

May the best team on the night win. ?

1600005286300.png

Have had a heftic work weekend and could not spread my joy here. I know we lost but **** the effort we put in there was amazing.

I feel that everyone where up to the task, but you could clearly see that new singings need to take their time and cant be in the squad after 3-4 days of training( **** you international duty) Both new guys made errors to goals - but it happened and we move on from this stronger. Lets not forget also that our CB pairing was new guy Koch who had 3 days of training with first team and younsger Struijk who I think had his 2 o 3 start for the first team. We missed our demanding captain and CB in Cooper. But he is back next game so will be interesting to see how pairing of Koch and Cooper works. I am glad he used this team, not pushed Phillips into CB role as he does not shine there so much like he did.
Also all 4 goals where from set pieces - I would say not to shabby.

WHAT A GOAL from Harrison to have after 16 years wihtout PL football. Deserving goal to kick off our PL campaing.

People who worrie about that we play to intensive and will never keep it up. Definetly there will be blips - all teams have. But lets not forgot that we have had 2 seasons of this intensity in 46 games per season + cup, only on first season we showed a bit wear on injury front. We are the first team that Bielsa have had time to work and train so long. If Rodrigo and Koch get up to speed with him, there will be great things happening.

Bring it on Fulham.

Have had a heftic work weekend and could not spread my joy here. I know we lost but **** the effort we put in there was amazing .....

I'm not going to analyse the game as it was both the opener and I just had too much fun relaxing being entertained Saturday tea-time, but for what it's worth to your overall post, VERY few teams can match us for work-rate over the full 95 mins or so as there was on Saturday. Last season, only Simeone's Atlético, which was expected, and Wilder's Sheffield United, which wasn't, went to toe-to-toe in that regard and gave us our hardest games physically all season long.

We won't have a harder game all this season physically than what Leeds gave us. To still be pressing that hard in injury time ..... ridiculous fitness levels.

Full credit to Leeds. Although the scoreline was a tad flattering to you, to have a first PL game in 16-years, at the home of the English and World Champions who now haven't lost a league game there the past 60 and counting, and outwork them and play your part in such an enthralling, entertaining game of togger I can't praise them highly enough. Phenomenal effort. (AndI thought the RB was, Mo being back to Messi-Mo beast mode aside, just about the best player on the park. Sadio was sloppy but he was totally bottled up by Atling is it? Who was great going the other way too. Super display from him.).

You'll be sound under Bielsa. I have NO fear of that.