The Leeds United Thread

You amazing spider

New Premier League record. Illan becomes the first goalkeeper under 21 to record eight clean sheets in a single season.

You amazing spider

New Premier League record. Illan becomes the first goalkeeper under 21 to record eight clean sheets in a single season.
I know his highly rated but what's your opinion of him. Seems like he has one mistake in him every game.

I know his highly rated but what's your opinion of him. Seems like he has one mistake in him every game.

He's 20 mate. With less than 80 career games under his belt. All be this season in lower divisions.

He should have a mistake in him at this embryonic stage of his development.

Fair F's to Leeds for going down the youth goalie route and being prepared to fully stick with as he naturally makes mistakes and has up and down form as he grows.

Superb win earlier.

Southampton look absolutely out on their legs with injuries badly catching up but you can only beat what's in front of you and now Leeds can genuinely look up toward Europe for the run-in rather than looking backward to survival.

Raphinha for less than 20mill has to be the signing of the season. Geniuenely frightening to watch how good he is. We've been linked with him and If I was klopp I'd break the bank for him. He is that good imo.

Never saw that one coming..

Not good.
Oehhh. Dirty Villa, got lucky goal and sat back.Ref did not help either, but this is the PL STANDARD... We did not had quality passing to open their backline up. You get some you lose others. Hoped better game but carry on. So far ahead of relegation so all other games are to enjoy the ride in this crazy year. Just please less injuries. Really want to see us back in full strenght. Hope he rotates with some players a bit more.

Sry have been away from forum adn games a bit. Just quick clances here and there. Like Scouse said, he is just so young, it is natural to have these mistakes in him. Lets not forget that we have had horendous injuries also in the back line. So many differnt combinations with CBs and FBs, with players playing out of positsions. Everything he has done this one is much much more we expected from him. Definetly on sight for french GK and top GK in the future. He has flaws ofcourse that will be ironed out with age and experience. Think one big thing is confidence in coming for crosses and handling them. In shot keeping and reflexes he so ahead from other younger GK. Command with defense is been shaky at times, but if we get main CBs back in the first eleven, thigns definetly will be better. (Ofcourse Philips also as he is crucial line in front of him)

Raphinha for less than 20mill has to be the signing of the season. Geniuenely frightening to watch how good he is. We've been linked with him and If I was klopp I'd break the bank for him. He is that good imo.
Crazy is it. Would be afraid someone will come after him but current covid sitation will keep some clubs spendings in bay. So hoping long future fro him here. He has been moving way too much around and has said he wants to stay in club that wants him and there is clear progression. So if mental bid comes in, he will stay. Crazy to get RW who is so technical, work rate, oozes confidence when some certen clubs still not making it happen for long time or want to splash 100+mil:cool:

For us he is definetly singin of the season. But same could be said for Dias with City or Martinez with Villa.

No one's paying half of that for Raphinha.
Why not you would pay that much for Sancho. Why not Raphinha, better attitude better workrate. The guy is class and gives me Mane vibes when he was at saints. You watch someone like Klopp or Pep get their hands on him he will be the next star.

Because he's way too much unknown. If he can show some consistency, then sure.

1615965909564.png
1615965919617.png

Our boyyy. Freaking amazing GK. It was good draw against very in form Chelsea, had few good goal opportunities but take the draw right now. Hope we wont lose Bammy for long time but we have Rodrigo back to take the spot luckily. But need a win against Fullham or we get too stale.

It has to be said, in this day and age, your pitch is shockingly poor.
Jup we know and are shamed of it. But there is nothing to do. There was planned reconstruction in the stadium for drainage and pitch in the summer. But long covid season and all the issues it brought mess up the plans. Care to say that Ellen Road was just bought back by our new owner and it is behind its time from proper care. Radz acknowledge this and already planned money for the fixes but it will be done in the summer.

We had minor fix with new layer of grass that cost us 300k+ during January but it is not good enough.
If interested a bit of read about it:

Jup we know and are shamed of it. But there is nothing to do. There was planned reconstruction in the stadium for drainage and pitch in the summer. But long covid season and all the issues it brought mess up the plans. Care to say that Ellen Road was just bought back by our new owner and it is behind its time from proper care. Radz acknowledge this and already planned money for the fixes but it will be done in the summer.

We had minor fix with new layer of grass that cost us 300k+ during January but it is not good enough.
If interested a bit of read about it:

Ta mate. Appreciated as per.

Honestly just getting onto this. What's staggering to me, is with the way Bielsa plays, and the amount of movement, running involved, the risk of injury to Leeds players is enormous.

Here's hoping it does indeed get boxed this summer.