I walked home in sheer delight. I smiled at everyone who passed me by, unaware that I am now a footballer. They smile back, and I like to think it is because they know.

They have no idea!

I returned home, and my mother was sat on the settee talking to my aunty, Jackie. She told her that I’d gone to sign the papers, so she can come over and have a party. ‘A party?’ I thought. ‘**** off, it’ll be alcohol galore here!’

“Oh my baby!” mum said blissfully, kissing my head several times. “I’m so proud of you! How much are you on per week?” Great. Straight into brass tax. Typical mum. I refused to tell her. “Come on, how much? Bet it’s like two thousand pounds?”

Two thousand pounds? I wish!’

“No, it’s not that much,” I replied, regrettably. I knew she was only interested for my sake. “Fifty-five quid per week. I’m only fifteen, and still in school, so it’s about right.” She sunk in her seat.

“Well,” she started, “that’s not bad I suppose. You’ll just have to save up won’t you.” She was trying to be nice and helpful, but I knew exactly what I was going to do with the money. I put down my keys, wallet and phone and poured myself a drink.

I downed my pint of orange squash virtually in one.

“Thirsty?” Mum asked. I tried to avoid answering her with a blatant obvious answer.

“Nope,” I avoided it well it seems. “Excited.” I’ve never known anybody else to drink a whole pint of squash when they’re excited. Nervous, maybe, but never excited. I immediately washed the glass and let it dry on the drainer. I liked helping mum with washing and drying whenever there was a stack of dishes.

“When do you go in for your first training session then?” My inquisitive mother never stops asking questions, the nosey beggar.

“Monday, so a couple of days,” I said with a clap of my hands. The thought of it was making me even more excited. And even thirstier.

I have missed reading this Mike. It was great while it lasted :)

Sorry there hasn't been an update for a month, started a new project recently ready for the release of FM13.

my word mike your one talented person! just read it all and its amazing, if it was a book id pay a lot for it! please release more updates; i think im speaking on behalf of a lot of people saying that.