The Legend Returns - This Time With Blyth Spartans

Hi Whittywex,

Good story on Blyth Spartans. I started my game from the same level, with AFC Totton in the Southern Premier League.

Before I started my game, I went online and found team logos for every non-league team in England. As you can see from my screenshots, the quality of the logos is variable - just took the best available from Google Images - but they are properly formatted and give my game that added level of realism in comparison to the game's generic shields. If you'd like me to send them to you, complete with the relevant config files, contact me with your email address and I will YouSendIt them to you.

Just one word of caution though: I have a brand new iMac with the added memory option from purchase, so it can run these graphics no problem. But if you're on a less powerful machine, it might be worth putting your existing logo images onto your desktop before you put the new files into the relevant directory location for the game - just to make sure that it doesn't slow down your game to an unbearable degree.

View attachment 365768View attachment 365769View attachment 365771View attachment 365772View attachment 365773View attachment 365774

Yeah mate that would be brilliant! I'll send you a pm.

We are now 2 points ahead of followers Barrow with 2 games in hand. We also have a goal difference far superior to any other club. With 23 games left there will still be a lot of ups & downs throughout the league season but hopefully as the season the team gets even stronger like last season and secure an automatic promotion as the playoffs can a hard test!
View attachment 365822

In the last update I said we would be playing either Torquay United or Barrow in the next round of the FA Cup. It seemed Torquay were too strong for opponents Barrow and wen't on to face Blyth Spartans! It was an away fixture which made it even harder task. They were a side that was strong to break down but didn't create much chances, but they got enough. They beat us 2-1 2nd round at our own pitch in front of a crowd of 2,000! It was 2-0 going into the last 10 mins and Neville Thompson grabbed a goal for himself but it wasn't enough to give the team a boost to get a goal in the last few minutes to draw the game. Next season the players will be more experienced and know how to deal with pressure.
View attachment 365830

Back to the FA Trophy! In the FA Trophy 3rd qualifying round we were paired with Bishop's Stortford. It was a home match but we could only manage a 1-1 result with them scoring a late equalizer. This meant we were forced to head to their stadium for the replay! We started off on the counter mode and they were not able to cope, the game finished 2-0 to us with lately goal shy striker Neville Thompson scoring 2. So onto the 1st round! We got a home tie against Cambridge City who we also beat 7-0 in the FA Cup 4th qualifying round. This time around they were much tougher opponents, Adam Marriott put them ahead right before half time which made my team talk a lot much difficult! The lads came out with red faces after some of the words I said, but it seemed to work! The game finished 3-1 with 3 different players getting their own goal! We were now into the FA Trophy 2nd round, against BSP team Exeter City. Another home tie but it was a dull game and it finished 0-0, no team deserved to win. Another replay and it was catching up on the lads, the game wen't to extra time and I was gearing my self up for another penalty shoot out, but a sloppy goal scored by Kieran Djilali meant current champions Blyth Spartans were crashing out of the cup! And so it was, last seasons champions were gone.
View attachment 365850View attachment 365852View attachment 365853View attachment 365854

A part of the season were we just want to forget it on and march on!
View attachment 365855

Last edited:
We are now 29 games into the league and everything is beginning to get much tougher, the lack of experience in the team has cost us some valuable points and we should be well ahead. Guiseley AFC ended my 20 match unbeaten run by beating me 2-1 at home which was totally unexpected. As long as there is not too many mistakes I think we will be up fighting for the number one spot at the end of the season!
View attachment 366106

Neville Thompson who was firing at the start of the season has recently found himself on the bench the last few games, he has been very unimpressive so I have decided to put Gadsby back in to the starting eleven! 10 goals in 11 starts for him shows why he was last seasons top goalscorer!
View attachment 366108

Good news spreads around Blyth Spartans as a new contract agreement has been reached.
View attachment 366109

A rocky patch of the season but also some very good displays from the lads.
View attachment 366110

View attachment 366552

Since the arrival of Helenio Herrera Blyth Spartans have been a force, a strong force. Last years success was a different feeling for them, and hopefully for many years they will have that feeling! But for this year, they can go on the beer and cheer that Blyth Spartans have won the Blue Square Bet North! The youngsters showed why you can put faith in them, finishing 1st in the league with a total of 91 points. Only 2 goals away from the mighty 100 and a beautiful +70 goal difference! The players did what had to be done, got unlucky in both cups but this year will make them even stronger for future seasons!
View attachment 366553

They only dropped a total of 5 points in the last 13 games, which was enough to fire ahead of league contenders. Some bad matches throughout the league but that was expected, might have to try sign a player who can become a super sub!
View attachment 366554

I love seeing this site, the fans, the players and the board delighted with another trophy!
View attachment 366555
View attachment 366556
View attachment 366557

American hands in transfer request. Talented footballer Justin Kirby has stunned Blyth Spartans as he see's his career away Crost Park. He started 7 games and came on as a sub 21 times due to his American contenders. I would like to keep him for another year but if the money is right, anything can happen.
View attachment 366560

Next update will be a season review.

Last edited:
Season Review

The board was was full of praise after winning the league, they were also impressed my signings and player performances. It was a brilliant season in the league and again we improved in the FA Cup and hope to go even further next year.
View attachment 366682

Todd Reyes was announced as the player of the year by the fans and the 18 year old fully deserved it finishing the season with an average rating of 7.57! He also won Blue Square Bet North's player of the season, very impressive and he will surely improve.
View attachment 366683
View attachment 366684

Young English striker David Moli finished the leagues 3rd top highest goalscorer, at only 18 years of age I hope he can eventually improve to be a top player.
View attachment 366685

With a very impressive run in the FA Cup Neville Thompson scooped the top goalscorer with 7 seasons, he will be an important player this coming season.
View attachment 366689

If finishing 1st in the league doesn't get me into the top 3 managers of the league nothing will. Annoyed at this as I feel I deserved a place.
View attachment 366692

note - I didn't post up the youth intake as they were all dreadful.

Pre-Season

The friendly matches were very impressive, letting in only 2 goals and scoring 15 goals. A 0-0 result against Sheffield United shows the team are able to compete with higher level teams.
View attachment 366818

Last season there was a lot of ins & outs in the transfer center. But as I have a solid team which are progressing over time I decided to bring in only 4 players and get rid of 5. One of those players was Rhema Gadsby who scored a total of 52 goals in 65 appearances over two seasons, no clubs were interested in him and he was on a good wage and I felt I needed better strikers so he was released. Maybe we will meet him again sometime.
Another player that left the club was an Austrian called Oliver Markoutz. He can play anywhere across the middle and even upfront, at 19 years of age he received of 7.14 at the end of the season. But I felt he didn't fit my type of team so I accepted an offer of 550k from Championship side Ipswich, and they have loaned him out to League 2 side Leyton Orient with hope of him improving.
The most notable signing is ex Manchester City player Abdi Ibrahim! At only 23 years of age he is good enough for a Premier League side, but here he is playing for Blyth Spartans in the Blue Square Premier. A 4 year contract while he is on 1.6k is great business, but I'm sure he will wan't that raised soon, a lot of clubs will be following him!
Another American joins Blyth Spartans, the best one yet? I signed Tim Cream for 12k from Los Angeles Galaxy somehow! He is now worth 2.6 million and is on a wage of 575. He is only 20 years old but his stats are enough to blow away everyone in this league and even in tougher leagues. A brilliant signing and will surely bring success to Blyth Spartans.
With the outgoing of Markoutz, I was in need of another right midfielder. I found one, and he was even better than Markoutz. He signed for 20k from a club in Chile and his pace is sure to cause a lot of problems! Hopefully with that 16 crossing he can get a few more assists than Markoutz last season which was a contributor to why he was sold.
With only 3 strikers and competing in the league and 2 cups I felt I needed another one to keep players fit. I wen't to the transfer list and noticed an Italian striker who played for Brescia was for sale at 100k. I made no hesitation on signing him for Blyth Spartans and he joined on 2 year contract and 625 per week. He can also play in the target man role which is a different kind of striker for this club and will be very important for the club.
View attachment 366841

View attachment 366843 View attachment 366842 View attachment 366844 View attachment 366845

12 games in and I couldn't have asked for a better start, we are in 1st position with a total of 34 points and 5 points ahead of Lincoln City who are 2nd. We also have a game in hand! The signings have been absolutely brilliant since joining, Ferri and Cream have scored a total of 25 goals between them, a brilliant partnership with David Moli ready to get in the spotlight if needed. Ibrahim and Pizzaro have a total of 15 assists between them with Ibrahim grabbing 9 of them, he has been running the show in midfield whilst Todd Reyes keeps his high average going with 7.53. Hopefully we can keep this form up.
View attachment 366922

Transfer deadline was nothing to get excited about but we did manage to bring in one player, 20 year old Will Hayhurst was brought in as cover for the left side of midfield. He doesn't have the best of stats but I am sure he will do job when needed to. He was brought in on a 12 month loan from Preston North End.
View attachment 366923

Best headline ever, or just plain cheesy?
View attachment 366924

A great 12 games by the lads, we were lucky to not lose at home against Tamworth but Cream popped up with a late equalizer to keep the run going!
View attachment 366925

Just wondering guys, what else would you like me to include?

All suggestions are welcome!

Actually - you don't need to do either. Just click (or double click) so they open in a new window, then right click to Save As in .png format. Shout if you don't know how to add them to your game.