dazamfc

Reaction score
Redknapp Out, Hoddle In !!!!!!!!!!

6th July 2010
View attachment 128837

Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy today announced that Spurs legend Glenn Hoddle has been appointed as the new manager after Harry Redknapp resigned due to health problems.

Hoddle, who played for Spurs 377 times scoring 8 goals and also managed the club from 2001-2003 guiding them to a League Cup Final, said he is absoloutly hounoured to be even considered for the job.

He said- '' To get the call from Mr Levy last night shocked me completley. I had just found out about Harry resigning due to poor health and I was still trying to get my head round that when I got the call. I was always my dream to come back to Spurs as a manager and I got the chance in 2001. I hoped to guide Spurs to glory and I am still dissapointed the way things turned out. Now I have been goving a second chance and I am ready to work by **** of to bring glory to the club.''

After only a few hours in the job Hoddle has hired and fired some backroom staff. Out goes-

Kevin Bond (Assistant Manager)
Jamie Redknapp (Coach)
Perry Suckling (Youth Coach)
Alex Inglethorpe (Youth Coach)
John McDermott (Youth Coach)

In comes-

Carlos Queiroz (Assistant Manager)
Bernhard Peters (Youth Coach)
Andy Renshaw (Youth Coach)

July Update

Glenn Hoddle enjoyed his first month back at White Hart Lane with alot of comings and goings. He got a few barging signings while shifting some dead wood and freeing up some wages. He was most happy with the signing of Vaclav Kadlec who he beat Arsenal, Man City and Inter to the signiture of.

IN
Gregory van der Wiel- £9m (Ajax)
Emmanuel Adebayor- 12 Month Loan (Man City)
Vaclav Kadlec- £1m (Sparta Parague)

OUT
Robbie Keane- £4.5m (Hoffenhiem)
Roman Pavlyuchenko- £4.5m (Liverpool)
Alan Hutton- Loan (Valencia)
Stipe Pletikosa- Loan Terminated (Spartak Moscow)

Results

Kilmarnock 0-2 Tottenham
Falkirk 0-0 Tottenham
San Jose 1-2 Tottenham

Adebayor arriving at training after signing on loan from Man City

Robbie Keane leaves White Hart Lane for the last time after he moved to Hoffenhiem for £4.5m

Champions League Draw

View attachment 128900
Tottenham Hotspur have today drawn French side Auxerre in the UEFA Champions League Playoffs. The will play the first leg in France before returning to England to play them 8 days later. Spurs manager Glenn Hoddle said it is not the hardest team he could have faced but they are still a tough draw. If Spurs do beat the French side they will go into the Champions League Group stages as third seeds and will be garunteed at least two sides with more experience in the competition than them.

Spurs Set To Lose Key Duo?

Tottenham Hotspur are set to lose two key players if European big guns Man Utd and Real Madrid are to have their way.
Sky Sports News are reporting that Man Utd are ready to lure Welsh wonderkid Gareth Bale to Old Trafford while Real Madrid are making Luka Modric their number 1 target before the transfer window shuts.
Spurs manager Glenn Hoddle said that if the two players are to leave he is looking for 25m from Madrid and £40m from Man Utd. Hoddle wants to keep his European Group Stage hopeful's together and push for trophies in the coming seasons.

Bale set to join United?

Could Modric be off to sunny Spain?

Good start. I am already wanting to find out if Bale and Modric stay/go.

nice story

i wish you sucess but not to much sucess ;)

Listen guys update will be either later tonight or tomorrow as i am off to hampden for the motherwell game

Keep following

Daza

Good luck with this. Hoddle managing Spurs again XD.

You could have got better strikers for your money, but well done so far :)

Glenn Hoddle put his Spurs stars through their paces only days before his sided faces newly promoted Blackpoolin the opening day of the season. Hoddle, who is now in his second spell at the club, took some questions from the media as his players went though some drills which would help them get back to full fitness. After a few questions about transfers he was quick to play down any speculation of any of his key players moving away from the club. This comes only days after Gareth Bale and Luka Modric were linked to Man Utd and Real Madrid.

----------------------------------------------

14/8/10
Blackpool 0-3 Tottenham
Gareth Bale (23), Emmanuel Adebayor (27), Tom Huddlestone (62)

LINE UP

---------------Gomes----------------

Corluka----Dawson--------Gallas---Assou Ekotto

Huddlestone-----Palacios------

Modric-------------------------------------------Bale

Adebayor-----------Defoe--------

Huddlestone scores the third as Tottenham cap off a great vicotry away to Blackpool

-----------------------------------------------------------------

18/8/10
Auxxere 2-6 Tottenham

Aaron Lennon (17), Luka Modric (19 PEN, 78), Jeremy Berthod OG (33), Tom Huddlestone (67), Peter Crouch (74)

LINE UP

Corluka---------King--------Bassong---Assou Ekotto

Huddlestone-----Modric------

Lennon-------------------------------------------Bale

Adebayor-----------Crouch--------

Modric after he makes it 6-2 to Tottenham

Last edited:
21/8/10

Tottenham 1-0 Stoke
Emmanuel Adebayor (64)

LINE UP

Kaboul----Gallas--------Dawson---Assou Ekotto

Palacios-----Van Der Vaart------

Dos Santos-------------------------------------------Bale

Defoe-----------Kadlec--------

The team celebrate Adebayor's goal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24/8/10

Tottenham (10) 4-0 (2) Auxerre
Emmanuel Adebayor (6, 39), Luka Modric (41), Peter Crouch (71)

LINE UP

Corluka----King--------Bassong------Assou Ekotto

Palacios-----Huddlestone------

Modric------------------------------------------Bale

Adebayor-----------Crouch--------

Crouch celebrates as he scores Spurs' 4th and final goal

---------------------------------------------------------------------​

29/8/10

Man City 1-0 Tottenham
Wilson Palacios (Missed Pen)

LINE UP

Corluka----King--------Bassong---Assou Ekotto

Palacios-----Huddlestone------

Lennon-------------------------------------------Bale

Defoe-----------Crouch--------

Palacios after his penalty miss against City

Tottenham Given Tough Group

Tottenham Hotspur have been given a tough group in the UEFA Champions League after they were drawn against Dutch champions FC Twente, Ukrainian top dogs Shaktar and Spanish and European heavyweights Barcelona. Manager Glenn Hoddle said he it was a tough draw but 1 he thinks that will provide a stern test for his side. Spurs will face Shaktar in the 1st game of the group but Hoddle says that is is the last thing on his mind as there is still league games which he looks to win before the trip to Ukraine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spurs draw City in Carling Cup

Tottenham Hotspur have been handed a tough draw against mega rich Man City in the Carling Cup Third Round. Spurs , who were beaten by City just a few days ago, will be gunning for revenge after the 1-0 defeat gave Glenn Hoddle his first loss after his return to White Hart Lane in July.

Hoddle said: "It is not the easiest draw we could have had but if we want to compete for throphies and hounours we have to beat the big guns. If we do beat Man City at this early stage it means they will be out and its 1 less threat in the latter stages of the competition, which is a winnable one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st September
View attachment 129660

Spurs Turn Down £5m bid for Winger as Key Duo Stay

Tottenham Hotspur turned down a £5m bid from Athletico Madrid for Mexican wonderkid Geovanni Dos Santos on deadline day. Dos Santos is not a first team regular but he is still considered a great prospect for the next few seasons for Spurs. Some fans said that they should have took the money and strengthened the team in places where they needed to but others say he is worth 3 times that amount and Hoddle and the board did the right thing by rejecting it.

Also, as the window has now closed, that means Glenn Hoddle has completed his task of keeping Gareth Bale amd Luka Modric from the hands of the European Money Men. A host of big name clubs were roumered to be looking at the duo but Hoddle has managed to keep them until January at least. Bale , who was subject to a bid to Man Utd, and Modric, who was being chased by Real Madrid, are two of the best up and coming players in the world. Many expected the duo to have gone before the first game of the season but needless to say, they are still there after the window has shut.

The trio have stayed at White Hart Lane beyond the trasfer window

nice start mate, a good balance of gossip and gameplay. I like!