Reaction score
hey everyone,

since i have some time to spare i have decided to try and incorparate a libero into a modern day tactic. mainly the barcelona 4-5-1. but i wouldn't be apposed to trying it with others.

so far the only thing i can think of is eliminating the busquests/mascherano role. so instead of having a dm falling back into a cb role,you have a sweeper pushing forward and giving the ball to to one of the playmakers infront of him.

if anyone has any ideas it would be great to hear them!

Last edited:
i played a season with Barca using Milito as a Libero while testing my bielsa tactic. i was retraining Masche to play there but it takes a long time, so i ended up playing milito, he did ok.

the thing with liberos is that there aren't many of them in fm

ya i came to that conclusion as well.i was thinking about creating a really good libero just too see how the team would play.

I think it is plausible but as said above, the lack of ready-made sweepers on FM makes it a problem. Might try it out in a long term save and see how it goes.

I miss liberos/sweepers 2 in FM. IRL Lucio could be playing well as Libero, but he isnt very good in FM, and hes 2 old to train IMO.