The Life in charge of West Bromich Albion

benccfc

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]A huge thanks to LFCMarshall, who has made this save possible with his updated transfers. I would recommend everyone to download his editor data file, which can be found at [/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2015-transfer-updates-custom-leagues/182460-lfcmarshall-fm15-update-suggestion-thread.html[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. I am speaking for everyone here, thanks for your superb hard work over the course of this transfer window![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Basic club info;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Nickname – The Baggies[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stadium – The Hawthorns [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Capacity – 26,445[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On the 8th​ July 2014, a new manager called Ben Hance took charge of Premier League relegation threatened West Bromich Albion, this came after a shock departure of newly appointed manager Tony Pulis.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hance joins the club on a one-year contract, and has spoken to the board about his realistic challenges ahead, and they have concluded that the club’s main objective with be survival in the Premier League season. I have been given £2Million to succeed these challenges. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Current Squad (When I joined the club)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Goalkeepers[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]#1 Ben FOSTER #13 Boaz MYHILL[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Defenders[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]#2 Andre WISDOM (on loan from Liverpool) #3 Jonas OLSSON #4 Chris BAIRD #6 Joleon LESCOTT #14 Jason DAVIDSON #15 Sebastian POCONOGLI #16 Christian GAMBOA #23 Gareth MCAULEY #25 Chris DAWSON [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Midfielders[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]#5 Claudio YACOB #7 James MORRISON #8 Chris GARDNER #11 Chris BRUNT (club captain) #17 Graham DORRANS #19 Callum McManaman #21 Youssouf MULUMBU #24 Darren FLETCHER #28 Sebastian BLANCO #29 Stephane SESSENGNON #3[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Strikers[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]#10 Victor ANICHEBE #18 Saido BERAHINO

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As you can see from my squad size, I will be looking to sign a couple of strikers and potentially a few defenders to improve my squad; joining the club, this is what I would class my strongest XI:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4-2-3-1 (defensive)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Foster[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wisdom Lescott Olsson Poconogli[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yacob Mulumbu[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Brunt Sessengnon McManaman[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Berahino[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am looking to build the squad around striker Saido Berahino. Some personal targets that I will be looking to bring in include: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Eder Alverez Balanta [/FONT][FONT=&quot](River) – The promising young central-defender impressed me on several personal saves, and can be bought in for a very cheap price. He would be my #1 defensive choice and will be high on my list to sign. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Neil Taylor[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (Swansea) – The left-back knows the Premier League well, and therefore I will look to get the Swansea man in. He will add good competition at left-back and probably start over Poconogli. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Emmanuel Adebayor [/FONT][FONT=&quot](Tottenham) – The experienced striker seems to be unwanted at White Hart Lane, so should the right opportunity come available I may go after Adebayor to add extra competition in the attacking areas.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]James Wilson[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (Manchester United) – The young striker will be available for a season-long loan and I am looking at bringing him in, with maybe the possibility of having a future fee available to sign the future star on a permanent deal. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jordan Rhodes[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (Blackburn Rovers) – A goalscorer. Exactly what we need. Could be signed if available for the right price, and I will be looking to get him in. 2 out of the above 3 signings will be looked at to be signed. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In terms of selling players, I will be looking at selling dead-wood that will not be used at the club, such as players like Chris Baird and Gareth McAuley in defence, midfielders who include James Morrison, Sebastian Blanco and potentially club captain Chris Brunt should other players be bought in. Victor Anichebe is a possible departure but for now I will be looking to keep him on board. [/FONT]

Pre-Season Fixtures

Forfar 1-4 West Brom (MaManaman, Berahino pen, Poconogli, Blanco)
Zwickau 1-5 West Brom (McManaman, Lescott, Cole 3, 1 pen)
Elversberg 0-3 West Brom (Brunt, Lescott, McManaman)
West Brom 3-0 Maccabi Haifa (Anichebe 2, Blanco)
Huesca 1-2 West Brom (OG, Cole)
West Brom 0-0 Las Palmas

Ins -
I have signed just two players so far, Eder Alverez Balanta joined from River Plate and Obafemi Martins signed from Seattle Sounders.

Outs -

Graham Dorrans left for 6m to West Ham, and Craig Dawson departed for Stoke. A couple of younger players also went out on loan.

COMPETITIVE FIXTURES - AUGUST -

West Bromich Albion vs. Stoke (Prem)
Leicester vs. West Bromich Albion (Prem)
Sheffield United vs. West Bromich Albion (Capital One Cup)
West Bromich Albion vs. Manchester United (Prem)

Looking for 6 points in the Prem and too get through the cup, also looking for one more signing :)

AUGUST 2014 - GREAT MONTH FOR BAGGIES

West Brom 5-4 Stoke (Martins 4, Berahino) - Raced into a 5-1 lead before half-time, almost threw it away, held on.
Leicester 1-2 West Brom (Martins 2) - Went 2-0 up, conceded late on. Good win.
Sheffield United 0-1 West Brom (Cole) - Rested players and managed to win. Good performance.
West Brom 5-4 Manchester United (Balanta, Berahino, Martins 3) - Superb win, was 5-2 up and almost threw it away again.

So 4 wins out of 4 and a great start, now onto my transfers since my time at the club:

Ins -
I managed to secure early deals of Eder Alvarez Balanta from River Plate and Obafemi Martins from Seattle. I then managed to sign Bryan Oviedo from Everton, who would fit in nicely at left-back. On deadline day, the sale of James Morrison to Swansea gave me 5 million lying around, I signed Andreas Weimann from Aston Villa for £7.5m (5 million over 48 months)

Outs -
I sold Graham Dorrans to West Ham for £6m, Craig Dawson to Stoke for £3.9m and James Morrison to Swansea for £6m.

September Fixtures -

Chelsea vs. West Brom (Prem)
West Brom vs. Arsenal (Prem)
West Brom vs. Hull/MK Dons (Prem)
Southampton vs. West Brom (Prem)

yes, you could include screenshots of the league table and other areas in which you are writing down

Looks good so far, definitely add some screenshots if you can...Helps people to indulge in the story! If you need help knowing what screenshots to use I recommend checking out some other stories for the layout.

Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback! I tried to get some screenshots but didn't know how to upload them too here, so if anyone could help I'd post them up!