fmlegend83

Reaction score
Name: Jeremiah Walsh

Date of Birth: 02/20/1983

Experience: Professional Player

Nationality: United States

Favored Club: Vfl Wolfsburg

Summary: Jeremiah Walsh is an American manager who had a promising playing career with Celtic from 1999 until 2004 and decided to hang up the boots after a terrible knee injury. In the summer of 2005 he went after all required coaching/management license to get into management. In the winter of 2006 he was offered a coaching job with Celtic FC. After receiving all required management license in the summer of 2011 the Celtic board suprised the world by hiring this virtually unknown American as their next manager.

Club History: Celtic Football Club is a Scottish football club based in the Parkhead area of Glasgow, which currently plays in the Scottish Premier League (SPL). The club was established in 1887, and played it's first match in 1888. Celtic have won the Scottish League Championship on 42 occasions, most recently in the 2007-08 season, the Scottish Cup 35 times and the Scottish League Cup 14 times. Celtic's home stadium is Celtic Park, the biggest football stadium in Scotland, with a capacity of 60,832. Together with their Glasgow rivals, Rangers, they form the Old Firm, one of the most famous and fierce rivalries in all of sports. The club's traditional playing colors are green and white hooped shirts with white shorts and white socks.

Season Expectations: I have been given a budget of 4.4M with a payroll budget of 463,875 per week. The board have asked me to win the league, nothing more, nothing less. I'm sure they would like me to bring a Scottish Cup back to Celtic Park but it was not mentioned. This goal is more than achievable and my personal goals will be to win the SPL, the League Cup and make it to the round of 16 in the Champions League. If I can do that then I will have achieved all of my goals for this first season here at Celtic Park. Below will be my list of players I have brought in and players that I have sent out.

Players In: Victor Lopez (Central Defender) for a fee of 1.1M .... A little age to him but the best defender in the squad. Will add experience and hard work to a defence that need's it.

Steed Malbranque (Right Midfield) on a free. Also the best midfielder I have to play on the left side. Brings a lot of experience to the midfield and will work hard every single match.

Players Out: GK - Dominic Cervi
M - Scott Brown
DC - Glen Loovens

Got a total of about 3.1M for those guy's leaving with Brown bringing in the most money at 2.1M

Preseason: June 21st, 2011
Celtic 4 - Celtic Reserves 0

June 25th, 2011
Vasas 1 - Celtic 2

June 28th, 2011
Ferenevaros 0 - Celtic 2

June 30th, 2011
Ujpest 0 - Celtic 4

July 8th, 2011
Albion Rovers 0 - Celtic 2

July 13th, 2011
Rochdale 0 - Celtic 4

Formations: 4-5-1 (Attacking)
4-2-2 (Control)

As I progress into the season I will ocassionaly post what is happening in my first season at Celtic Park. I hope some of you lads will read this and provide me with advice where needed. Enjoy fellas