Status
Not open for further replies.

mattioso

If carlsberg did forums..
Reaction score
Dear diary

As I stood in the pouring rain watching my dad casually jog up and down the pitch, I was busy thinking about what I would do after I left my under 16 league. All I could think was I didn't want this. I didn't want the meet up with the lads in the pub and have a kick around. I wanted to make it big. I wanted to be like Rooney or Lampard. I knew it was a long shot but someone has to go for it, why not me?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is not the full introduction

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Dear diary

I feel as though I was a bit harsh on my dads footballing status in the last update. He has always been good at football, stirling castles top scorer last season. But obviously there are all the childhood heroes who turn young boys to football. I will not be following in my dads or my friends footsteps of amateur football. I just need to be attending as many trials as I can and be in the right place at the right time. Who knows I can only hope.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Dear diary

Since I started this diary I don't think I have properly introduced myself. I am Matt Wetherall, football enthusiast, ruler of the universe. Well maybe not that, but football has always been a big part of my life. I have never been the "academic" type, sport is my only hope. I am originally from Norway but I have lived in England most of my life. I play for Hutton Cranswick under 16's. I like to think I am better than I am, or so say my "friends" at Hutton Cranswick Max King, Harry Charnock and Frankie Hobbs. What do they know? If I stay determined and keep on the right path I will be in the premiership in no time. I can picture it now, I've just won player of the year, paid £150,000 a week at Arsenal, a first team regular for England. Does that beat pub football or what?.

Last edited:
Good luck mate, good start

May I recommend a different font (A)

Good luck though pal.

Cheers guys, keep commenting and I'll keep writing. Update soon!

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

View attachment 71228

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Dear diary

This is the greatest day of my life! You can't understand this feeling I'm experiencing now! No I have not been signed yet (it's only the 9th August), on the 5th August 2009(coincidently enough my birthday) I was asked to travel to with the Norwegian under 21's tomorrow! This is much much better than a club offer as this will almost certainly lead to a club offer. My prospects are now looking much better now than a few days ago. I've heard that Norwegian clubs like Odd, Brann and Valerenga are interested as well as the Swedes Goteborg. I even heard a rumour that REAL MADRID are monitoring me!

Well I'm off to pack for my trip back to Norway, I'll keep you updated after my under 21 trip.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Dear diary

Its now 20th August and Brann have offered me a contract. This puts me in an awkward place as I would like to hold out for a better oppertunity but then again I'm worried about them becoming frustrated and targetting other options. What should I do? It would be nice to move back to Norway and I'm sure my parents would approve however the money and the oppertunities are in central Europe.

I also have news of my Norway under 21's game. We were faced with a strong Scotland side with the likes of John Fleck and other talented youths. I was told I would be starting my first ever game up front. I also managed to bag my first ever professional goal! Who knew it would be for Norway! The game ended 1-1 and was a very close match.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Dear diary

Much has
happened since we last spoke diary. I played my second game for Norway, this time against a slightly lesser opposition but a challenge non the less. I was on the bench for the full 90 against Bosnia & Herz who came out the gates attacking. We overcame them 3-1 in the end, 2 were provided by my new friend Alexander Olson with a couple of beast finishes.

I also accepted a contract. A couple of contract offers came in from various places mostly Norway but I held out and in the end accepted an Italian contract from Serie B favourites Torino under 20s. This is all happening so fast, and to think in less than a year I will be on a professional contract with them!
Im off to train with my new teammates now. Bye!

Dear diary

I have some good news and some bad news. The good news? After joining a month ago I played my first Torino under 20's game and we beat Modena u20's 2-0. "What could be bad about that?" you ask diary. Well, 3 minutes in I sprained my ankle and had to come off. The club physio Stesina said I might be out for around 7 or 8 weeks. I don't really feel the need to update until then. See you then diary.

17th October 2009
Dear diary
We haven't spoke in a while diary, and in truth not much has happened. I decided to change the layout in which I'm writing on you. I'm not in hospital or anything over my ankle, just on crutches. My nurse was proppa' fit, she wanted me but I was playing hard to get. But I found a cool forum where people were chatting about this game and other unrelated subjects. But then some corrupt mod banned me for a few days for no obvious reason. But in about a week I should be back up on both feet and playing for Torino and Norway. Typical footballers, not one visit from a manager, coach or player. Oh well, I'll just have to show off a bit at training.
See you later diary.

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

6th November 2009
Dear diary

For god sake! It's so annoying playing for Torino! They asked me to try and get back to fitness for the game against Cittadella on 23-10-09. My ankle was fine and I was training the day before. Then that night me and my striking competition looked at the team sheet "NOT EVEN ON THE F*CKING BENCH!"

The game against Lecce was better today though, even though we lost 1-0 to a late and offside goal. I started and played the full 90 on the left wing. We're playing 4-5-1 even though I said I wanted to play up front, not the ****** wing. Life at Torino is frustrating and sometimes makes me wish I'd accepted Brann and gone back home.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

11th November 2009
Dear diary

I am currently out with the Norway under 21 lads. I love this life compared to the frustrating arguements and disappointment of Torino. I played in the 3-1 win over Luxembourg but not the 2-1 loss over France. That night me and Alexander Olsen went out with a couple of the French lads. They were hard to talk to but it was a good night. We were able to get into a bar in Grenoble. Sakho was trying to convince me to come out to Paris and join him at his club, and if Torino keeps going the way it is, it could happen.

Me, N'gog. Olsen and Sakho left Obertan sleeping at the bar alone at 2AM. I just hope he hasn't got a united game in the next couple of days. My next game for Torino is at home to Crotone, if I don't play then there will be trouble I can assure you. Unless i'm still with Norway trying to qualify, in which case I guess I have no option but to skip the game.

18 November 2009
Dear diary

Im on my way back to Italy now, I'm pretty sure we have qualified for the Euros.
View attachment 72022
I was benched for both the Slovenia and Bosnia game, Im getting sick of never featuring. At this rate I think I would have been better following my dad and friends.
View attachment 72024

View attachment 72023

Im happy for Alex and his hattrick, but then he picked up a small injury. He should be fine though.

Will you guys seriously slow down with all the comments!

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

28 November 2009
Dear diary

Torino life seems to be steadily improving, Im starting to break into the first team and completely bypass the reserves. I started my first ever game up front with my idol since I joined Rolando Bianchi. We were talking before the game about our past and how frustrated he was at Atalanta. He kept going and ended up Torinos best striker, he has taught me a lot about what kind of attitudes survive in this industry. I am happy in the under 20s side however as I am only 16 still so in 4 years I could explode onto the scene mabye?
Talk later diary, off to shooting training with my youth coach Antonino Asta.

Very nice story, just read the most of the story through. Don't have much time currently so will be reading other part later tonight. Fantastic story so far still ! A bit similar to my story but I'll get over it mate :D

Very nice story, just read the most of the story through. Don't have much time currently so will be reading other part later tonight. Fantastic story so far still ! A bit similar to my story but I'll get over it mate :D

Cheers for the comment, i was becoming a little bit disheartened by the lack of interest but I'll keep it going now.
Ill read your story now.
;)

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:10 PM ----------

Just a check with my minimal readers.
Will I be verbally raped if I close this and start a new one in the morning? Ive cocked this up and its become dull and repetative.

---------- Post added at 06:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

Im guessing by the lack of comments, no one is reading except Mike who talked to me on facebook.
Sigh, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.