The Liverpool Thread

So Nick the Greek has seemingly tested positive for COVID.

At least Andy Robbo is coming home early as Scotland's game in the Czech Republic is off after a spike there but it just adds to the carnage on needless Internationals with players travelling out of their safe club bubbles.

Absolutely non-sensical that UEFA sanctioned the Sunday League farce Nations League games at this time.
These ****** friendlies should of never been given the go ahead after more cases like this been reported players testing positive while being away.

Hopefully, Jordan gets some minutes against Blackpool this avvy after missing out on more or less the whole of pre-season rehabbing the Brighton injury.

Busy cooking so a brief drop by-]

The first team dispatched Blackpool 7-2 to wrap up their pre-season.

The U18's continue their blistering pre-season with a 4-1 walloping of Utd U18's. Making that 18 goals for them through straight 4 friendly wins.

I've had worse Saturday's :cool:

1599403466115.png

Just great.

Bradford's always a nice away given the close bond we have with them after their horrific tragedy in '85.

And Lincoln (ironically Bradford's opponents on that fateful day) would be a new ground for me.

Sods law we'd draw them when we can't go to games!

Just ****** great! Sighs.

But then it'd be worse being a Bradford or Lincoln fan and missing out being able to see the best team in World football at your ground so I shouldn't complain too much.

Second game for Wales at full senior level?

No problem. Easy this International lark when you're a Trent clone aye? :cool:

Absolutely made up for him. What an awesomely boss last 6 weeks that young man's had!!!!! Premier League champion. First contract extension securing his L'pool future for at least the next 5-years. De-facto back-up to Trent. Starting for the Word Champions at Wembley the CS. Full senior International debut. And now this.

Neco's confidence must be sky high going into the new season.

Last edited:
Came across this on Lonnie Donegan. Which, if it interests anyone, is a fascinating half-hour or so listen on everything last year from the behind the scenes perspective of someone who played as an important day-to-day role as Manninger the year we finally got back into the CL. Without playing a single minute for the club-

Whats your opinion on the duo of Moore & Parry (yes the same idiot in charge of the EFL now). Seeing as you is the old wise scouse sage I might as well ask you how you knew John Houlding at this point lol.

You would think the hicks and gilette days would still be fresh in the memory. Or if you go further back the bumbling idiot duo of Moore and Parry.

Picture perfect model of how to run a successful modern-day football club.

Tell yer what, in a worst-case scenario where we get a second wave of COVID in the autumn and another total shutdown, any club spending big now beyond their means this window could well find themselves in a pretty heap of trouble with how that would further seriously hit already decimated revenue streams.

Whats your opinion on the duo of Moore & Parry (yes the same idiot in charge of the EFL now). Seeing as you is the old wise scouse sage I might as well ask you how you knew John Houlding at this point lol.

?????

Moores is just a playboy who ultimately sold to those utter charlatans H&G. Which nearly broke the club totally. Tells you all you need to know about how much he cares about the club. (Not a patch on his father who he inherited his wealth from.). Narks me he's been bestowed with a life president title. Parry, I have mixed views on his time here as I got to know him somewhat through a fan initiative they tried and I know for a fact from him how Rafa was working to his own ends against everyone else in his battle with those two imbeciles. (He's not revelled much but some of the things he has dropped about Benitez's dealings <Parry kept a dossier on everything out of Mellwood> would shock many fans.). So the whole sorry daily soap opera of everyone pulling in different directions just compounded the GM position stuck in the middle of it all trying vainly to hold everything together. That's not to absolve him because he was Moores lapdog for long enough and played his part in just how far we got left behind. Not least commercially.

The less said on the pair the better in all honesty.

I know you hate twitter Scouse but sometimes there are gems in the sea of *****.

Perfectly explains why the club is being run the way its run. Oh wait nah just SpEnD SoMe MoNeY.
Btw, just found amazing thing to read these long posts

JusticeforRodgers.... kind of... but he did do a better job than some Liverpool fans give him credit for. It doesn't make Klopp's achievements any less by admitting that! Even if you don't think he inherited a squad, a 5 year period a manager at a top club will always change a lot of players. However one thing Rodgers always does is instils a blueprint in how he wants his team to play! Which is a lot easier to work with than say coming in and having to overhaul Mourinho's morale busting dressing room and park-horse tactics.

JusticeforRodgers.... kind of... but he did do a better job than some Liverpool fans give him credit for. It doesn't make Klopp's achievements any less by admitting that! Even if you don't think he inherited a squad, a 5 year period a manager at a top club will always change a lot of players. However one thing Rodgers always does is instils a blueprint in how he wants his team to play! Which is a lot easier to work with than say coming in and having to overhaul Mourinho's morale busting dressing room and park-horse tactics.
*Looks around to see if Scouse is about*

Deep breath... My opinion on Rodgers I'll have to quote Mourinho "If I speak I am in big trouble"

*Looks around to see if Scouse is about*

Deep breath... My opinion on Rodgers I'll have to quote Mourinho "If I speak I am in big trouble"

Speak away mate haha.

That follows on from some proper history re-writing on Brendan the Utd thread yesterday.