Jimmmy

Reaction score
View attachment 315607
View attachment 315612

I intend to play this save with a an media friendly ex-international footballer who has no management experience at all, so the following is entailed:

- Media interviews and press conferences will be common and in depth.
- This Manager will have a small footballing back story and will use his past international expirience to full effect.
- This will be his first job in football management but with the past experience and the qualifications to
do so.

I have nine main goals for my 1st season in charge of the club which are split into three groups; Management, Club and Players.

The three goals for the managerial side of things are:
- Secure a new long term contract
- Start to get noticed in the footballing world for who I am not for who I am manager of.
- Hire a good assistant manager

The three goals on the club side of things are:
- Increase the club's reputation in the footballing world.
- Makes sure that we qualify for the at least the EURO League, preferably the Champions Cup though.
- Keep the wage budget high enough to hand out new contracts at any time.

The three goals I have have for the squad are:
- Sign youth players who will be
key in the future.
- Strengthen the squads weak areas.
- Extend important players contracts especially Gerrard and Henderson.

View attachment 315564

Well who saw that comming.

View attachment 315532

View attachment 315530
*THIS JUST IN* - Liverpool Boss Brendan Rodgers has reportedly punch a reporter in a one on one interview, most of the details are still unknown but what is certain is that if these rumours are true then this is only the beginning for Liverpool.
*LATEST* - Sky Sports will be doing a special report to cover this massive story.

View attachment 315534
View attachment 315533
Having publicly apologized for his violent outburst and officially resigned Rodgers took one last tearful look at Anfield before departing to spend his anger-management class's and what he described as, "Thinking time" Brendan Rodgers tenure at Liverpool F.C. was no more.

With many questions still left unanswered and even more yet to be asked the Liverpool board has called a press conference to be headed by chairman of the board Thomas Werner himself to address the concerns of the fans and talk to the media.

View attachment 315531
Hello everyone, as there is only a short amount of time available to the board at present we hope things can get done quickly and efficiently. Right to business, First question?

Yes Mr Werner with Brendan leaving so suddenly and dramatically do you worry about the teams morale right now?

No, they are a very tight bunch and besides that is the sort of thing you should be asking the captain... Next Question?

How do you go about picking a new manager at a time like this, is there more pressure that usual?

Yes there is but then there is always such a huge amount that you learn to cope.

What sort of traits and skills will you be looking for in your next manager to make sure things like that never happen again?

We are looking for someone media friendly and has shown to be calm and confident when dealing with the media and also has good man-management skills and is good with high stress situations.
Next question please?

What would you say was Brendan's greatest weakness and how do look to avoid it in future?

No Comment.......Next.

Mr Werner when do think you will be able to reveal the next manager of this extremely coveted job ?

I can't say when exactly but we are looking to appoint someone around June 8th.
That is all the questions for today, goodbye.

With new rumours as to who will get the job appearing by the minute any decision by the board as to who will get the job will be certain to have been carefully thought out.

Will be keeping an eye on this, a lot of Liverpool stories about at the moment so it's interesting to compare how people get on. (Maybe don't use Comic Sans font, it's a bit childish)

Good luck!

Will be keeping an eye on this, a lot of Liverpool stories about at the moment so it's interesting to compare how people get on. (Maybe don't use Comic Sans font, it's a bit childish)

Good luck!

Yeah I know Liverpool seems to be a pretty popular save right now and don't worry I'm only using Comic Sans at the moment because I want a bit of difference in my text instead of the same old default look.

This is looking good! Good luck!

Thanks! I hope it goes well.

View attachment 315473
View attachment 315474
And the news that we have all been waiting for has just come through that Liverpool have announced their new manager...

Jimmy Wells!

View attachment 315452
And just like that Wells is now in charge of arguably the most successful English football club of all time. Fans will be hoping he proves to be the right man for the job and can guide them to further success in the E.P.L. and Europe. With Wells reportedly only being given a one year contract he will have to prove himself fast to give him some job security and peace of mind. But with the backing of the board and players he can hopefully taking this already great club to all new levels of success.

View attachment 315453

Last edited:
View attachment 315431
View attachment 315428
Now that my management tenure has been confirmed lets have a look at Liverpool and Anfield, the kit and most importantly the team.

But first a brief history - Liverpool F.C. is one of the most successful clubs in England and has won more European trophies than any other English team with five European Cups, three UEFA Cups and three UEFA Super Cups.
The club has also won eighteen League Titles, seven FA Cups and a record eight League Cups.
Liverpool was founded in 1892 and joined the Football League the following year. The club has played at Anfield since its formation.
Liverpool has long-standing rivalries with neighbours Everton and with Manchester United. The club's anthem is "You'll Never Walk Alone".

View attachment 315434

Anfield is Liverpool F.C.'s home stadium, it has under soil
heating and the pitch is in a perfect condition.

View attachment 315432

View attachment 315436Liverpool's home kits for the 14-15 EPL season are as follows:
- Home kit ~ All red
- Away kit ~ Yellow with red outline
- Third kit ~ Black and gray with red collar and red and black stripe across the stomach

View attachment 315435

The team for the upcoming season

View attachment 315437

View attachment 315410View attachment 315408View attachment 315407View attachment 315405View attachment 315404View attachment 315403

Last edited:
Influx and Outflux

View attachment 315165
View attachment 315164
View attachment 315161
Sergi Samper, One of Barcelona's brightest young prospects is now mine, all thanks to a 10.25 million release clause. He has insane levels of compose for a 19 year old and has a excellent first touch and great vision and has all the PPM's I look for in a defensive midfielder, similar type of player to Gerrard but they have very different personality so tutoring is not an option.
But very happy with this signing, if I could sum up this transfer in one word - Bargain.

Mignolet leaves Liverpool!

View attachment 315141
View attachment 315129
Napoli wanted him and since he was on my to be offloaded list, I accepted the non-negotiable 12.5 million pound bid and instantly went after Timo Horn, a solid young goalkeeper who will take a first team role until I sign Valdes who can tutor Horn into fulfilling his huge potential, the best part is as Horn only cost 3.8 million, so I now have an extra 8.7 mill in the bank.

I also Signed Martin Odegaard (Yes I know so has everyone else) but because Liverpool are interested in him in real life and because he is a great young player who fits into my tactics nicely.

Last edited:
More Infux and Outflux

View attachment 314779
View attachment 314780
Bye-Bye Borini

View attachment 314774
The next player I was planning to offload was striker Fabio Borini, he is a good player but not good enough for me plus he can't improve much in the future so he was on the list. In order to sell him quickly I offered Borini to clubs and immediately Crystal Palace bid, I managed to negotiate them up to 9 million which they finally accepted, then told Borini that I didn't see a future for him here and that a move would be best for his career so he would accept their contract offer. He did and the transfer went through and I set my sights on my next transfer target

Paco Alcacer

View attachment 314768
He is a amazing player at only 20 he has some solid stats and good CA and a brilliant PA, he consistently preforms, is great on both feet and can be counted on to find the back of the net. The problem is Valencia rates him as highly as I do, so how do you buy him? With his 15.25 million release clause! And the best bit is since he is extremely interested in joining you don't need to worry about him accepting a new contract from Valencia. He agreed on a contract, so was now Liverpool's newest signing. But not for long!

View attachment 314778

View attachment 314758Kristoffer Ajer
A towering young defensive midfielder/midfielder who while not that good right now, the 16 year old can grow into a world class player if he learns to use his size and strength properly. I bought him for 1.3 million but have loaned him back to Start for 5 months as he is too young to be loaned out to any other club.

Some nice business done there mate, especially to get that much for Borini lol

Cheers, and yeah pretty pleased with how this transfer windows been going so far, including the Borini deal.

My 1st Press Conference

View attachment 314404

View attachment 314403
Interview Time

Due to what happen with Brendan Rogers and the media, the board was keen for me keep my press relations on very good terms so while overseeing training I get a call from our media liaison to say he has scheduled an press conference at Anfield tomorrow where I would go over my vision for the club and then a Q&A session would follow. I had to be on my best behavior and answer all questions and keep calm and not say anything controversial. The board were expecting lots of positive headlines the next morning and couldn't stress how important this was for the clubs image after the negative light "The Brendan Incident" (As the media were dubbing it) put the club in.

I outlined my vision for the club, speaking about how although they had all the right tools in place to make it to the top they just weren't and how with the right attitude, players and staff we were going to make it big. I spoke about how the next couple of seasons were going to be tough as I focus on youth and bringing through future stars and creating a club culture and team spirit but after that we would absolutely dominated England and Europe, I told the press that whilst my main goal was to stay on a the club as manager I wanted to make sure that if I had to leave for any reason that the foundations were their for the next person to continue what I had started and bring success to this great club.

View attachment 314402

Then came the part I was dreading, the Q&A session. I was ready and so it began:

Jimmy how do plan on dealing with the clubs expectant fan base and what sort of pressure do you think comes with not preforming to their expect level?

Well Liverpool's fans are some of the most passionate in the world and for good reason, this is a great club with a history anyone would be proud of and its my job to make sure the team preforms for them. I feel that, yes there will be pressure if the club isn't preforming well but no more than when I was playing, fans make football as great as it is.
How do you go about managing a squad like this, with all their different personalities?

The majority of this squad is very ambitious but that being said each player is a unique individual and has different needs, its an exciting challenge that I'm confident I can handle.
Jimmy being an Ex- all white and scoring 23 goals in only 29 appearances for New Zealand but then being forced to retire early with a spiral leg fracture at only 24, did you always know that you want to get into management or was it a case of the injury pushing you towards it?
Well having to retire from football at only 24 was heartbreaking but I wanted to stay in the game for longer so I went and started studying management qualifications and different things lead to each other and now I'm here but yes I would say that injury pushed into me management
What do you say to your critiques that growing up in a rugby centric country like New Zealand means you haven't experienced a national culture game like football
Well I disagree with them if you look at the way things are set up tactically, and how players fit into each others physical and mental requirements I don't think they are that different to each other in that sense
Could you explain what you mean by "players fit into each others physical and mental requirements, its a controversial statement the say the least?
Certainly, If you start with your goalie he's like your fullback, his main job is to defend and and save goals/tries but also to start counter attacks, then there is your central defenders, similar to props, they are normally your strongest guys on the field, they stop players and are great at tackling but are also good ball carriers.
Then your wide defenders are like your locks similar to your central defenders/props but just a bit quicker and have better ball skills. Then defensive midfielders are like your loose forwards good at tackling and and setting up plays, they also normally have the highest work rate of players on the field.
Then your midfielders are like your first-five-eighths dictating play, setting up things and being able to defend and attack, next are you wingers similar to a half-back, fast, agile and good at either setting up or scoring themselves. Then your attacking midfielders are like your Second-five-eighths/centers, they have good vision, are good attacking players and key to most attacking movements and finally your strikers are just like your wingers fast, agile and great at scoring so, yes I stand by what I said.
Last question Jimmy, Speculation is rife that Steven Gerrard may Be sold soon, If he wanted to leave what sort of price tag would you put on him?
None, I would release him on a free transfer because players, no legends like him are priceless.

Okay thank you for your time Jimmy.

View attachment 314394
I had survived and thought things had gone pretty well. The day I got a call from Chairman of the board Thomas Werner himself saying the board were pleased with how I had handled things and how the fans were delighted with my comment at the end about Gerrard and how Gerrard had expressed his pleasure at the comment and how he was enjoying and wanting to continue working under me in a recent press interview.
I was glad that things had gone smoothly and that I wasn't having to deal with upset fans or the board.

View attachment 314393
View attachment 314392

As the transfer window starts to draw to a close and I have secured all my key targets for this window I decided to review who I want coming In and out

Offloads:

View attachment 314386
Joe Allen - The welsh midfielder is not in my first team plus his PPM's don't suite my style of play that well and while is CA is OK his PA is not with him only able to improve a bit I fell it is best to cash in on him now rather than latter and with interest from clubs like Spurs and Roma I'm hoping to sell him soon.
So if I do sell him that would leave a bit weak in midfield,
well its all good as I could just loan in Barcelona's 23 year old midfielder Sergi Roberto, a good player who would fit in with the squad well and enjoys big matches and won't get home sick.
Plus Barcelona want no monthly fee and only require 60% of his wages to be paid in order for me to loan him and he is very interested in joining us for loan

Possible Offloads:View attachment 314381

Jose Enrique - While he holds a place in the team right now with Moreno now in the squad and having come back from a really serious injury and my eyes being cast on another young left back there probably won't be room in the squad for Enrique in the long term.
So if a club is interested and puts in a reasonable bid for him I will probably accept it as I don't want him getting annoyed over his lack of first team football.

Transfer Targets

I have many but the short term ones are:
Niklas Sule - a massive young central defender who if give lots of first team football and coached right could become the best center back in ages.
Alberto Cerri - This boy was a wonderkid in FM14 and easily my favourite signing to get in the game, he is on a season long loan but hopefully I can sign him before then so I don't have to worry signing him next season.
Victor Valdes - The Ex-Barcelona keeper can be signed on a free transfer for pretty reasonable wages given his pedigree and is a really solid keeper and can tutor Timo Horn.
Jack Grealish - Aston Villa currently have him on their books and don't want to sell the Irish winger any time soon but his contract finishes at the end of the season and after declaring my interest I noticed this,

View attachment 314378
So now that I'm one of his favourite personal I'm confident I can sign him on a free transfer at the end of the season.

View attachment 740288

There have been takeover rumours, transfer rumours including one that Wayne Rooney was moving to Q.P.R.
But the rumour that Gerrard was leaving has gone instead to be replace with one that Liverpool is "desperate" to sign FC Red Bull's Franz Schimer, I mean I've never even heard of him before! I think the tabloids are running out of ideas

View attachment 314351

Champions Cup Draw

View attachment 314338

I desperately want to avoid Group D as it is a serious group of death and would prefer not to be in either group E or C the other, although tough I can handle the other groups. I cant be drawn in groups B or F as clubs from the same nation can't be drawn together.

I'm OK with this draw all of these teams are definitely beatable home, and away plus I'm glad I dont have face a Spanish of German power club.

View attachment 314346
View attachment 314336

Wins in all the friendlies means we have momentum going into the season and no major injuries except Balotelli suffering a dead leg for a couple of days that means he will miss the opening game against Southampton was pleasing.

View attachment 314335

View attachment 314327
We absolutely smashed Southampton in every single aspect of the game, they just failed to cope, the Swansea game was more of the same totally dominating all round the park, plus new signing Alcacer found the back of the net in both games. Then we faced Crystal Palace. They had just faced AFC Wimbledon in the cup and been beaten 3-1, so I decided to try some new tactics and let some reserves have a start. We scored a total fluke then go ripped to shreds, their shots either went inches wide or hit the woodwork. It was only thanks to last second goal by Lambert that we were able to draw, Skrtel had shocker, it was his poor pass that lead to the first goal then he puts one in his own net then he gets sent off. He finished with an rating of 5.3

View attachment 314312

View attachment 314311
Goes to Dan the man, for opening this seasons scoring with a beautiful strike into the corner of the net and leading the charge in the Southampton and Swansea games. I really hope he doesn't get injured because this guy is hard to replace.

View attachment 314048
View attachment 314046
Transfer Roundup

View attachment 314044

I feel I got some got business done this window. I didn't break the budget with the transfers, and feel I got good deals for Borini and Mignolet, I couldn't have gone any lower on Samper, Horn and Acacer as the were bought with release clauses, but am happy that were bought for well under their value.

View attachment 314043
No major surprise signings although being the biggest spender was a bit surprising as normally Arsenal, Man Utd or Chelsea spend big in this window.

View attachment 314045
View attachment 314047
Super glad that he will be joining Liverpool in the January window, he has been in crazy good form so far this season and is going to be a great player for us in the future.

View attachment 313744

View attachment 313745

View attachment 313727

A roller coaster of a month some disappointing results, and some great results. Overall I am slightly frustrated with this month results wise we could have and should have done better and need to pick things up a bit. Getting knocked out of the cup by Swansea was the low-light of the month.

View attachment 313726
The Chelsea game was one we should have won and were really unlucky not too, Balotelli's opening goal got us off to a good start but then an own goal by Lovren and amazing goal of the season type strike by Cuadrado put Chelsea ahead. Then off the bench Alcacer put us on level terms and then Gerrard misses a red card worthy penalty but no card was shown, and just when I think we have got a draw, one of the harshest penalties I have ever seen was given and Fabregas scores to give them the win. Couldn't fault them though just really unlucky.

With Suarez having left the club and Aspas out on loan I a new nickname was needed for my new striking quartet. So I have decided to call them...

Balotelli Alcacer Lambert Sturridge

Is the name I have decided to give my new striking quartet of Balotelli, Alcacer, Lambert and Sturridge.

View attachment 313723
View attachment 313743
Gets given to Super Mario, he has been decimating attacks and has scored 7 goals in 5 games including an amazing hat-trick against Zenit was the highlight. He has been going well, is happy and in good form, I'm really hoping he keeps this up as when he is on form he is a lethal goal scorer and great player.

Last edited: