united_yo

Reaction score
With the living legend Sir Alex Ferguson getting older and older, John Ferguson is about to enter the business. He have all the confidence in the world, and he believes that he have the skills to take over for Sir Alex one day. "When Sir Alex retires, I'll be right on the spot to take the job after him, and the clubs success will continue." That's the quote The Times claims that he've said, but as we all know, it's only speculations.

What's not is that John have taken over the norwegian top club Fredrikstad in the middle of the season. They're 7th at the moment and they finished 2nd last season, so the season have been disappointing so far.

Crappy starting lines :p I think I'm bad with this story things, but I'll try to make one. I'll take tips and feedback any time, as it will only help me getting better. I'll update this monthly with results, my opinions, pictures and more.

Last edited:
I've been doing some research on Fredrikstad (Which I'm managing for those who wonder), and I found out that the key players in my squad are:

Alex Valencia.
alexvalencia.png
alexvalenciastats.png

He's a winger who provides me with assists and goals.

Raio Piiroja:
rajopiiroja.png

raiopiirojastats.png
Decent defender who helps a lot on attacking corners as well.

This two players are probably the two best in their positions in the league.

August:

01.07.09: I had my first game against Tromsø. The game ended 2-2, but to be fair I had the game in my pocket, but Tromsø scored two goals from long distance. I was also struggeling with the tactic at this point, but it was a disappointing result anyway. Alex Valencia was MOM with his goal and assist.

05.07.09: This game was against Start. They got a flying start with a early goal, but Andreas Tegström proved that he deserved more playing time with his typical poucher scoring late in the game. Game ended 1-1, leaving me with another 1 pointer. Disappointing game again, but I think I'm getting a better tactic now.

08.07.09: Odd Grenland was next, only two days after the draw against Start. I was getting frustrated when I saw the ball go in for them, giving me the worst end of the first half that I could get. I yelled at my team in the break, giving them no choise but to win this second half. And they listened to me. Celso Borges scored the first goal and he gave hope to my team that they could win. It was going towards another draw until Alex Valencia went on a real solo ride tearing the Odd Grenland defense apart, and putting the ball safe behind their keeper. My first victory as a Fredrikstad manager, 2-1.

12.07.09: It was Lillestrøm that was my opponent this day, and with some more tweaks with my tactic, I was confident for a victory this time. That would make it two in a row, and important points if I wanted to make it for the top 4. The game started awful. Lillestrøm went up to 1-0, but it was early enough for me to get back before the half time whistle. Alex Valencia broke free on the left side, went towards the middle and fired a low shot in the left corner, a beauty! After the break I dominated the game, and I was leading 3-1 at one point. I was 100% sure that this was a win, but Lillestrøm got a goal the same minute I scored the 3-1 goal. And when it was 4 minuted left of the game, my left back got sent off with two yellow cards, and he made a penalty. It was 4 minutes left, and 3-3 on the score board. I decided to defend the rest of the game to get the one point, but that wouldnt happen. In the last second Lillestrøm scored their 4th goal for the night, making me lose 3-4 after a 3-1 lead. Extremely disappointing.

15.07.09: Molde, former club for Mame Biram Diouf and Solskjær was next. I had no intention at all to get a point here, and with Alex Valencia going off with an injury after 8 minutes I started to think how many goals I would conceed. I was pleased when it was half time, because I was only laying under with 1 goal, scored by Thioune. In the second half I decided to put on some more attacking power, and I was playing with 3 strikers and one attacking midfielder. After 20 minutes Everton was alone with the keeper, and did no mistakes. 1-1. After that nothing big happened, and I managed to get a draw against Molde. They had 20 shots at goal, while I had 7.

19.07.09: Lyn was my next challenge, a team that I didnt fear much at all. The match started quiet, and the poor quality was in quantity if that's possible to say. I was controlling the game, but I didnt put my chances. In the 38th minute, both my strikers, Everton and Tegström, was alone with the keeper, but Everton han a poor effort and the shot was easy to save for the Lyn goalkeeper. After Valencia had 3 clear cut chances, Everton finally headed the ball into the goal after 80 minutes. I did two defencive changes, playing with a 5-2-0-1-2 formation, trying to hold the lead. It went well, and Lyn didnt even get a shot at the goal. 0-1.

23.07.09: Alta was waiting in the second cup round. They're in the Norwegian 2 division I think, and I had to win it, and I did. They started with a goal leading 1-0, but I went more offencive to chase two goals, and got the first pretty quickly. I decided to rest Valencia, and brought on a striker, playing 5-0-1-1-3. After 90 minutes the score was 2-2, and I had 17 shots on goal against Altas 4. In the Extra time I took out one defender, playing 4-0-1-0-5. Got the 3-2 goal almost instant, and I decided to keep the formation. Ofcourse, Alta scored 3 minutes on injury time. I got my 4-3 goal instant in the 2nd half, and this time I went to a more defensive formation. I won 4-3.

26.07.09: Sandefjord was meeting me on the other side of the pitch, back in the premiership. I had a bad feeling before this match since my only winger that I could use together with Valencia was out, and I had to use Valencia in a role he doesnt play too well, behind the strikers. I played 5-1-0-1-3, and I let Sandefjord get room and play their game. I scored a lucky goal on a corner after 20 minutes, giving me the lead which I kept to halftime. After the break Sandefjord still had the ball and played their game, but Alex Valencia scored and proved that he can play in more than one role. Game ended 2-2.

30.07.09: In the last game this month I was playing in the EURO qualifier against Metalurg D, and I had no idea what I was facing. I went to the game with my regular formation, and I soon learned that I could win this. After 20 minutes Piiroja scored from a corner served by Everton. this was the result that showed on the scoreboard at half time, and of course I was happy. After 58 minutes Tegström doubled the lead after a pass from Valencia, before Everton finish it off with a long shot. 3-3.

That's the start of my story at least, hope you manage to get at least something out of it. Since I'm terrible at writing, and even worse writing english I hope you can help me making this better. Helping me to use more words to describe things and such. Also I feel that I write too much about something and too little about some things, so I hope you can give me some feedback there as well. This is my first ever "story", and I only have plans on getting better;)