Roderickje

Reaction score
This is my first story so plz be gentle with your criticism .:$

Chapter 1.The love of my life
As I walked to my car my last day as a youth coach at fc Twente thus completing my accelerated Management course in Football my phone rang .It was Merab Zhordania the millionaire Georgian who bought my favorite club Vitesse 2 years ago asking me to meet him at the Gelredome .The 25000 seater of vitesse .

A drive of well over an hour brought me to the club which failed so miserably in the 2010/2011 season under Albert Ferrer where Vitesse finished 15th​ with 35 points out of 34 games .
Arriving at the office the chairman I immediately noticed Roman Abramovich who is a good friend of the chairman .Take a seat Mr. van Eisden we have something to discuss with you .
We want you to become the new manager of this club ,we need someone with a lot of experience in international football but also someone who knows this club and bleeds yellow and black .
Excited as I was to manage my favorite club I immediately said yes with a tear of joy I left the tycoons in football and business to make my return to the club where it all began, not even playing in a full and steamy nou camp made me forget about this club and now the chance to manage it!
All I could think off was wich kind of players to sign and wich staff to bring in .A week from now i would have a chance of managing the love of my life and bringing it the glory it deserves.

Last edited:
Chapter 2 : Meeting the squad

Not a week later I arrived at the training fields first there was a training scheduled for the youth and immediately I saw that the chairman had high hopes for this club reflecting in the hypermodern youth facility that was build at a price of 12 million € .
However the youth wasn’t that impressive even though the youth of vitesse had a lot of success in the past with players like Pierre van Hooydonk and Roy Makaay it was obvious that this needed a lot of work .
Next stop was meeting the senior squad. This was a lot more impressive and it also made clear why Roman Abramovich was present at the first meeting .Alot of young Chelsea players were present at the training grounds .Players like Ulisses Davila and Tomas Kalas but also a very strong Defensive Midfielder from Schalke Anthony Annan .Definitely a squad I could work with .But most impressive were the physically strong striker Wilfried Bony ,the fast paced young winger Giorgi Chanturia and good ole Piet Velthuizen a true Vitesse man who after a short and not so successful stay in Spain returned to the club that made it possible for him to make his cap in the successful Dutch national squad .This was a squad I could work with … this was a squad with potential .