adsmith22

Reaction score
View attachment 322685

The era of a 'New Messiah'​

Following the fall out between Mike Ashley and Alan Pardew, the latter was consequently sacked as Newcastle United manager much to the anger of the fans. Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias had not always seen eye to eye with the fans and they needed a way to win the fans back.

With that in mind Ashely and Llambias decided to aim high with their managerial candidates shortlist which Guus Hiddink, David Moyes and Roberto Martinez mentioned. Following a number of rejections Ashley was left running out of options and the fans patience was teetering on the edge.

But nobody could of guessed what was about to happen...

Newcastle United appoint Adam Smith.

Newcastle United appoint Smith.

View attachment 322702

Following a number of rejections Newcastle United chairman has shocked the footballing world by appointing UNKNOWN English manager Adam Smith as NUFC manager.

Adam a lifelong Newcastle fan hails from a small town just outside Birmingham and his CV doesn't exactly fill the NUFC fans with excitement. His only previous footballing experiences are when he played for Aston Villa youth before getting released at the tender age of 15 (actually true!)

Following a couple of years at college, Smith was then offered a football scholarship in the USA where he played for the SAU Cougars for a season before returning to the UK.

First day at the office.
View attachment 322716

As Adam Smith drives in his little red Seat Ibiza into the fortress that is St James's Park, nerves start to kick in as he is met by long serving assistant manager John Carver who welcomes him with a smile.

"Ready to meet the players?"

Smith walks into the home dressing room where he is greeted with an awkward silence by the players, he takes a deep breath and begins to speak.

"I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to you as your new gaffer and that is how you will address me. You may be sceptical about my lack of experience but what I do have is drive and the will to win. To cut it short, I'm here for the long haul, if you don't like it then maybe this current era at the club just isn't for you. I will be bring flair, fast and exciting attacking football to the fans which I know is what you players crave. I want this to be an opportunity now for you lads to express your opinion and just let everything out now."

Club captain Coloccini is the first to speak up

"I'm behind you gaffer, I love this club and I can see in your eyes you feel the same. We need to be a team for this to work, anyone else have anything to say?"

French international Yohan Cabaye steps up -

"To be honest boss, I wasn't sure at first but I like your attitude and the way you have approached this meeting. You have my full backing".

The meeting carried on and Smith was wooing the majority of the changing room but some players still had their own opinions. Jonas Gutierrez, Ryan Taylor, Dan Gosling and Mike Williamson expressed their concerns leaving Smith no other option but to transfer list them all.

Smith's first Press-Conference.

In a packed media room at St.James's Park, managing director Derek Llambias walks in and behind him with a beaming smile across his face walks in new NUFC manager Adam Smith.

As Llambias opens his mouth to talk, Smith quickly butts in -

"First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved with the club in welcoming me with such open arms, I would like to give a message to the clubs fans. Please don't pre-judge me on my experience in football because that is not what is important, what is important is getting behind myself and the players and being the 12th man to help bring this club back to greatness".

A journalist from Sky Sports asks -

"This is a massive step-up for you, how are you prepared and what are plans and aims for this season?"

"One thing you will learn about me is I'm a perfectionist, I like to have every little detail prepared and ready to use. This season is a season to build, the players I have at my disposal are just phenomenal and my first job is to keep the players united as one. I'm looking to excite the fans and bring exciting attacking football to St James's Park, on the transfer front? I'm not going to be spending big but I will be looking to bring in some younger players to develop and push the first team all the way".

A final question from the BBC -

"There has been some reports of unrest from some players due to your lack of experience, how do you intend to deal with this and with you not spending big, will you be looking to utilise some of your youngsters this season?

"We've had a meeting but that is our business and I will not be sharing this information with you. I will however talk to you about my plans with our youngsters we currently have. We have a batch of incredibly talented youngsters and I believe some are ready to push for a first team spot, players like Adam Campbell, Gael Bigirimana, Kevin Mbabu and Haris Vuckic are pushing for the first team and I will not be loaning them out. Sammy Ameobi, Shane Ferguson, Jak Alnwick, Remie Streete, Curtis Good and Nile Ranger will be players listed for loan as we feel they need some first team experience throughout the up and coming season".

NUFC transfer update.

Newcastle United Transfer Update.

View attachment 322765

With the new season just around the corner, Adam Smith has immediately involved himself with the day to day life of being Newcastle United manager. His first task was to bring in an experienced director of football to help him networking throughout the club, the man to fill this position was Slovakian Lubos Michel from Shakhtar.

Michel's first job was to find and employ the back room staff Smith needed to help him on his journey.

David Lowe - signed from Blackburn to be the Under-18's Assistant Manager
Ray Wilkins -
ex-Chelsea assistant manager was signed as a First Team Coach
Clive Allen -
ex-Tottenham coach signed as a First Team Coach
Ian Broomfield -
signed as a scout
Bryan King -
signed from Everton as a scout
Michael Murphy -
signed from Celtic as a scout
Walter Windrum -
signed from Stoke as a scout
Tony Henry -
signed from Everton as a scout
Jerome Fougeron - signed from Toulouse as a scout
Arnold Catalono - signed from AS Monaco as a scout

Transfer Update

It's been a quiet transfer window regarding incomings for Newcastle United with Smith looking more towards youngsters to strengthen his squad.

Neil Maupay (15) - OGC Nice - £1.3m - this exciting French forward was signed on a pre-contract agreement and immediately joined the club from Nice. Graham Carr raved about this boy and Smith was quick to pinch him from under the noses of Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Will Hughes (17) - Derby County - P/exchange
- NUFC scouts recommended young English attacking midfielder Hughes as one for the future and Smith was quick to snap him up, swapping Dan Gosling for him. Hughes was immediately listed for loan so he can get some valuable first team experience under his belt.

It has however been very business regarding outgoing transfer from the club and Smith was ruthless regarding players who were becoming disruptive following his arrival.

Will Hughes - Loan - Celtic
Shane Ferguson - Loan - Leicester City
Sammy Ameobi - Loan - Charlton Athletic
James Tavernier - Loan - Coventry City
Jak Alnwick - Loan - Rotherham
Nile Ranger - Loan - Burnley
Remie Streete - Loan - Dundee United
Liam Henderson - Loan - Altrincham Town
Ryan Taylor - £3.7m - Wolves - wasn't happy with Smiths appointment and was transfer listed.
Jonas Gutierrez - £7.75m - West Brom - had the worst reaction to Smiths appointment and requested transfer
Mike Williamson - £1m - Wigan - requested transfer following Smith's appointment
Dan Gosling - P/ex - Derby - was unhappy at Smith's appointment and was exchanged for Will Hughes

Smith approaches first game.

Premier League Opening Weekend

View attachment 322790

Smith couldn't of asked for a trickier tie for his first ever game as NUFC manager as the Magpies travel to their biggest rivals Sunderland on Super Sunday.

Smith was controversially appointed as manager will be looking to win the fans over straight away by coming away with a victory at the Stadium of Light.

Gillette Soccer Saturday

View attachment 322786

Jeff Stelling - "It's been an exhilarating day of Premier League football and here are all of your results" -