andy_gtfc

Reaction score
6tolfo.jpg

My name is Alan Connell, and I am professional footballer, and I currently play for Grimsby Town after making a summer transfer from Bournemouth. Being born, in London, my footballing career started at Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur, before moving to Ipswich as a trainee. I was then offered a trial at Bournemouth, and I accepted the offer. This was the chance to kick-start my career, and it did. I spent 3 years on the coast, scoring 8 goals in the 54 games that I played up front. Most of these were subs that I came on for. My career didn't start good for Bournemouth as I injured my cruciate ligaments against Leyton Orient, and consequently I was ruled out for the rest of the season, my first. In my final season there, my Bournemouth career was cut short again, by a foot injury. In all, 42 of my 61 appearances for the Cherries were from the substitutes' bench and I scored 11 goals.

I then moved south-west for a new chapter in my career. This time it was to Torquay and they paid £5,000 for my services. I spent one season there, before moving back closer to my home. I scored 7 goals in 22 games for Torquay.

Next, came Hereford. I played 44 games, scoring 9 goals. I was originally restricted to substitute appearances before breaking into the first XI and then becoming top goalscorer. I then turned down a new contract before moving back to my birth place, and playing for Brentford. I spent one year again at Brentford, playing 44 games again, but gaining 3 more goals for the club.

I then moved back onto the South-Coast, and played for Bournemouth again. I spent 2 years at The Cherries playing 50 games scoring in a tenth of the games. I then moved to Grimsby in 2010, and this is where my career will start and I want you to follow me in my career.

6tolfo.jpg

Today was the first time that I had my chance to prove myself, during training. We did the usual stuff, watch a replay of last weeks match, which was a friendly that we won. Unfortunately, I didn't play but I was allowed an input on what was said. After that we started training, and improving ourselves. This was my chance to shine. I warmed up with the first-team, which I should. This gave me a better chance to get to know the players. Then we started shooting, so Dave Moore, our assistant manager, took us off to one side along with Steve Croudson, the goalkeeping coach. There was me, Lee Peacock, Charles Ademeno and a couple of others. Soon after that we started doing some crosses and improving our aerial ability, something that I kind of lack in, with me being small. I scored a few goals from flick-ons from Lee Peacock, which was pleasing. By the time it was dinner, we got introduced to a new signing over lunch. It was Richard O'Donnell from Sheffield Wednesday and he was a goal keeper. At my old club, we didn't get introduced to them properly, and we had to find out as we went through training. This was a completely different scene, and I prefered this one, the best. When dinner had finished, we could leave. I went outside, to be greeted by a few hundred fans that had travelled to see their idol. After signing some autographs and having photos taken, I could go home and rest, thinking of what can happen tomorrow, and what will happen next.