jpflfc96

Reaction score
Hey so I'm just a Football Manager player looking to write a successful story. When I look at stories, most are about trying to take a club up the leagues blah blah blah. Now I don't like these stories as it limits the potential and opportunities of a story: get sacked, and the story's dead, which if you've got some pretty interested readers, they'll be a bit miffed that their favourite Football Manager story will no longer be continuing. So I've chosen the format of following a person, myself, through all the jobs that I take on (not too many I hope!) and this means that if people do become interested, then there'll always be something here.

My style will be a mix of first and third person, monologues and news reports, which offers variety and depth and a broader range of views, which makes it even better. I'll do match reports as a third person view, then at the end of the month, there will be a review of the month, with my own in depth thoughts and analysis. Less of me typing away, and I hope you have fun reading my story.

Josh Feehily

banner-skysports_1.png
17 July 2012

Swindon appoint Feehily to replace
Di Canio

Swindon have been quick to replace Paolo Di Canio by employing former player Josh Feehily on a one-year deal. This is the 42 year old's first venture into football management, the second time in a row Swindon have appointed a manager with no previous managerial experience. After being promoted as champions from League 2 last season, Di Canio left Swindon after Jed McCrory failed to takeover from Jeremy Wray before Di Canio's personally set deadline.

Swindon's financial future may have been secured by the takeover, especially after their considerable over-spending in their promotion season, and McCrory seems to be continuing the tight financial control, by promoting youth team coach Josh Feehily to head coach, "Josh has been at the club for a number of years, and we thought that we needed stability, consistency and financial control and have approached all of these factors by appointing Josh - and his passion and determination is second to none."

And working with Di Canio last season and knowing Swindon's style of play - there is a great chance that Josh Feehily will fit the bill perfectly for Swindon, and fulfil their ambitions of a play-off place this season.

Squad Overview

So I've taken over as Swindon. Got a transfer budget of £0 and I've got £5k wage budget to spare, so I gave myself £100k. Tried to sign Lloyd Doyley on loan from Watford as I'm pretty weak in the right back position, hopefully I can do well until next season so I can get Paul Caddis back from Birmingham. Frontline is really good, Adam Rooney from Birmingham, James Collins and Andrew Williams. Wingers aren't bad and central midfield and defence could do with some work, but all in all, a decent squad and I hope I can get at least into the top 10.

View attachment 325563
Doyley Signs

View attachment 325567
Swindon Town FC can confirm that the club have bought in Watford right-back Lloyd Doyley in on loan until the end of the 2012/13 season. Swindon will pay 50% of his wages and he could be in the team for the squad's first pre-season match in three days time. The 29 year old is thought to be a key player for the club this season, due to the weaknesses at right back. There is no option to buy the player at the end of the season.

Doyley is new manager Josh Feehily's first signing for the club, and it comes just three days after taking over, this is what the gaffer had to say, "Lloyd is an exceptional talent who has proved he can play at an extremely tough level. His experience and record speaks for itself, and there is no doubt that his addition will be a welcome one to the squad."