The Managerial Career of Sexy Graham

fmax5

Reaction score
View attachment 46481
Sexy Graham
Chapter 1 - A New Hope

This is the beginning of the story of a very short man called Sexy Graham, on his journey of becoming the greatest manager of all time. Let's start off with a few details about Sexy Graham.

He was born in the Bahamas on the 20th June 1993. He is 4"11 and has always loved football. His favourite food is gingerbread and if you make fun of his height you will get an uppercut right into the genitals. The team he supports is the French team LB Chateauroux.

One day he was with a training session of his local football club he organized for the kids. He was watching the kids play their football match when he started reminiscing back when he played football. He was an unbelievable striker. He was too fast for any defender to catch up to him. If they did then he'll just sprint through between their legs and go through on goal and score. However, he got a career ending injury before he even could be scouted by the professional clubs at the age of 14. He was recognized as the next big thing before his injury, within the local community. However, whenever the injury happened, everyone seemed to forget about it and focus on basketball and cricket. He always knew that he was bound for greatness, but couldn't get over his injury. At that moment he got an epiphany and decided that he could become a professional manager. That was the way he could become the best in football without playing the sport. That night he applied for every possible job he could find. (Apply for every job and holiday indefinitely lol)

He managed to get interviews for many clubs all over the world, ranging from Sweden, Malaysia, and South Africa. However, since he didn't have a lot of money he couldn't fly out to every country for the interviews and had to do it over skype. It means he could do it with no trousers though :). Anyway, in the majority of his interviews, he simply told them that he was the man for the job and that they won't regret taking the risk of picking him. He then would stay safe with what he said to make sure that he didn't seem too confident but didn't talk himself down either. It had been a week and he would look at his emails as the ton of "Thank you for your application but we decided to pursue someone else for the role" flooded in. However, just as he thought he had lost hope he received an email that had a different subject. "Job Offer," It said. Sexy silently gasped as he opened the email in disbelief. "We would like to offer you the role of Manager of Persepam Madura Utama. It was an Indonesian team that was struggling in their league. It wasn't a very big club at all or a good one at that. But... They wanted Sexy Graham to be the manager of them. Sexy was delighted to have been offered a role, but was hesitant since it wasn't the dream offer he was hoping for. However, he wasn't sure that he would ever get a job offer ever again. So he decided to take up the job offer and start his journey to becoming the best football manager there ever was.

He was being offered £325 a week, but that was enough for him to get a small apartment near the stadium and get by. His Assistant Manager was Muhammad Syafii. He wasn't a great manager but it suited the clubs stature and Sexy Graham was in no position to hire a new staff. He just considered this another way of playing with the cards you've been dealt.

I hope that Sexy Graham enters his first press conference to the sound of ***** "I'm sexy and I know it" blasting through the sound system.

View attachment 45930
Sexy Graham managed to get his competitive career as a manager to a great start by managing to get the wins in both of his first games. Getting a 2-1 win against Perseka and a 2-0 win against PSGC. However, the streak quickly ended with a loss against Persbul.

However, as the season went on. The lack of depth and good enough players started to show as the defensive records started to get worse and the results started to get more and more inconsistent as the season went on.
We were flirting with the relegation zone but just about staying afloat. In the last 4 games, we needed around 9 points in order to avoid automatic relegation. In the last 3, we got 6 points so it came to the last game of the season.
View attachment 45928

As you can see here we couldn't manage to get that final win to get into the relegation playoffs and got automatic relegation instead. Since there is no lower league in Indonesia Sexy Graham got automatically fired from his post as Persepam Manager.
View attachment 45927View attachment 45926

(Sorry for not doing too much on Persepam, but It was not that long and it was a sinking ship tbh. So I just wanted to finish the season quickly. However, for the next club, it would be completely different. :) )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sexy Graham flew back to the Bahamas feeling defeated. He had a week to himself just so he could hopefully get over getting sacked. A week later, he decided to apply for manager roles again hoping to bounce back harder than before.
View attachment 45925
However, every single interview brought up the previous failure at Persepam. "You had trouble managing finances in your previous club" "You already have faced relegation in your career, why do you think you can perform better at this club?" and many other aggravating questions and enquires towards Sexy Graham at almost EVERY SINGLE INTERVIEW. Graham couldn't prove them wrong since, he had only managed one club in his career and he got relegated with them, and he took the hit for it, unfortunately. So every response he gave was "I have learned from my mistakes and I wish that you will give me a chance. You won't regret it.

A month passed and he was getting no job offers despite applying for dozens of interviews. He was lucky to even be considered for an interview but no luck in getting offered jobs. It was the 5th November 2017 and Sexy Graham sat in his living room staring at his cellphone. He finally started to realize the harsh reality. "I guess I'm just not cut out for being a manager. At least I tried and now I know that it wasn't meant to be," Graham said to himself as he raised his thumb to type the number of his previous job as a coach for the local team.

However, the phone started to ring before he could start typing. He didn't recognize the number but was rather confused as to who it could be... *Beep* "Hello?"

View attachment 45924
The Malaysian team, Melaka came calling and this was the dream job and the highest stature of any club that he managed to get an interview for.
They're worth over £2 million and just finished 6th out of 12 in their previous season which just ended.
View attachment 45923
This was an incredible step up for Sexy Graham and he is in disbelief that this has happened and he is definitely going to not take it for granted.​