Stevie99

Reaction score
Stephen Gibbs
A young UEFA coach ready to take the next step into management. With a Continental Pro License he has the qualifications but lacks the experience. At the time, these jobs were available. With approaches from all five clubs, which team would have his signature on the dotted line...
View attachment 303961View attachment 303962View attachment 303963View attachment 303964View attachment 303965
Wolfsburg - In May 2009, the team owned by Volkswaggen won the Bundesliga but have gone on a downward spiral. With funds there and the chance to become Germany's top team.
Blackpool - In May 2010, the team gained promotion to the Premier League, after a good start to the league they were favourites to stay up but a loss of form caused the club to be relegated. Last season the club were defeated by West Ham in the playoff final but want to bounce back, unfortunatley their most successful manager Ian Holloway left for Crystal Palace. He was replaced by Michael Appleton who has joined Blackburn, a promotion fight with a good set of players if this job is accepted.
Spartak Moscow - Spartak have won the league 21 times in their history but haven't won the Russian League since 2001. With CSKA Moscow, Anzhi and Zenit currently the top three teams, can Spartak bounce back?
Portsmouth - In administration, no money, a lack of staff and wage budget. Doomed with two relegations since May 2010, can Portsmouth make it back to the Premier League?
Shamrock Rovers - Ireland's top team. Europa League regulars, a fairly easy challenge to win the Irish top division.

Last edited:
The Aftermath
Portsmouth - Portsmouth decided to appoint Karl Fletcher as manager. I was interested in the job and it would have been my first choice if I was offered the job.
Spartak - Spartak was a very convincing offer but I turned it down because they only offered a four year contract and wanted to play possession football.
Shamrock - For obvious reasons, the job would have been too easy for me so I turned it down.
Wolfsburg - My second choice, Wolfsburg appointed a German as their manager which sucked.
Which leaves me with....
View attachment 303971
303962d1359050698t-managerial-career-stephen-gibbs-blackpool_fc_logo.svg.png

Blackpool Football Club

Blackpool
When I joined Blackpool, all their staff were regens. I sacked them all. Now, I have to start from scratch. My budget is 2 million and my wage budget is fairly low. I want to bring in two players on a permanent deal and maybe a few loan signings.
GOALS FOR THE SEASON
If I am still at Blackpool in May 2013, get promotion
Keep Thomas Ince
Sign Experienced Staff
Try and get a Premier League job if possible.
Giant-Kill
Sign experienced players

Last edited:
View attachment 304034
Blackpool in reported swoop for Brazilian wonderkid.
Blackpool are reportedly looking to sign Brazilian Wellington Nem from F
luminense for a fee of £3.5 million. Nem is capped for Brazil and is considered a shining star in Brazilian football. Stephen Gibbs has been fond of the player for a while, Nem was going to sign a contract with Queens Park Rangers where Gibbs was coaching but the deal collapsed after Mark Hughes opted to sign other players. Gibbs later quit QPR due to a falling out with Mark Hughes. Nem will be Blackpool's highest paid player if he signs and there are rumors that he is flying into London then travelling to Blackpool for a medical.

304034d1358760294t-managerial-career-stephen-gibbs-2013-january-transfer-window-general-generic-_2880181.jpg

Blackpool make four signings
Blackpool have announced the free transfers of Eric Addo and Cristiano Zanetti, Blackpool have confirmed that Wellington Nem will sign for Blackpool if he successfully applies for a work permit. Blackpool have also announced the signing of Francis Coquelin on loan from Arsenal until the end of the season. Blackpool were poised to sign Karl Pilkington from Norwich City but QPR hijacked their deal and signed him last night. Blackpool manager Stephen Gibbs has said he is delighted to bring in experience into his squad and hopes to sign possibly one or two more players to complete his team for the fight for promotion.

Hey guys, if your reading the thread then there will be a series of updates on Sunday, by then I would have played a month or two and then I can post it. :-D