The Managerial Challenge. (Continued)

Sulsey

Reaction score
2s1b2n6.jpg

The Concept

I will be setting a variety of challenges every fortnight that will test your managerial skills. Can you handle the difference in league rules? Can you adapt to the Ukrainian Second Division?

The challenges that I decide upon could be anything from the EPL to the Serbian Third Division. Not only this, they could involve you to take charge for a whole season or the last few months.

The time limit of a fortnight is in place as it may be too much or not enough. Will you be quick enough to scout some quality players and finish a season in time? Will you dwell in the January transfer window and not leave yourself enough time to finish the season?

I will state the rules of the challenge and the allocation of points at the beginning so you know what you have to achieve. You will post the correct screen shots and I will allocate the points accordingly. Leaderboards will be created and I trust you to not cheat.

Will you be one the most successful manager on the forum?

If you would like to take part, I will add you in once you have completed a challenge and submitted your entry.

(Please note, in future, for a challenge, you may be required to download a saved game).

To view previous challenges, you can view the thread here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Participants & Leaderboard

markotemelkov - 270
The Shots - 240
georgeFC - 210
filipe_18 - 175
dyldave - 180
andybond - 125
luke797 - 115
Johnny_Barth - 95
thedoorsfan1 - 75
mvp93 - 70
rennomillo - 65
Joeere11 - 40
FulhamFTW - 20

To view previous challenges, you can view the thread here.

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

The second challenge takes us to the more familiar nPower Championship. This will test not only your skill as a manager but your financial prudence too.

2zqagip.png

Team: Portsmouth FC
League: The nPower Championship

Portsmouth have been champions of England twice, in 1949 and 1950, and have won the FA Cup twice, most recently in 2008 when they beat Welsh side Cardiff City 1–0 in the final with Nwankwo Kanu scoring the only goal. In terms of trophies won, Portsmouth are historically the most successful southern English club outside of London.

Having established themselves in the top flight, the 1938–39 season saw Portsmouth reach their third FA Cup Final. This time the club managed to defeat the favourites, Wolves, convincingly 4–1. Bert Barlow and Jock Anderson scored whilst Cliff Parker scored twice (3rd and 4th) completed the famous victory. League football was again suspended due to World War II, meaning Pompey hold the unusual distinction of holding the FA Cup for the longest uninterrupted period as the trophy wasn't contested again until the 1945–46 season.

During the 2009-10 season it became apparent to the club's new owner Balram Chainrai that Portsmouth were approximately £135m in debt, so to protect the club from liquidation, Chainrai placed the club into administration on 26 February 2010, and the club appointed Andrew Andronikou, Peter Kubik and Michael Kiely of accountancy firm UHY Hacker Young as administrators.

Points System ( Please note: There are negative points for this Challenge)

* 100 – Financial Balance of £10,000,000+
* 30 – Winning the Championship
* 20 – FA Cup Winners
* 15 – League Cup Winners
* 15 – Finishing in the top 6 of the Championship.
* 10 - For conceding the least amount of goals in the League.
* 10 – For scoring the most goals in the League.
* -20 – For every £500,000 in negative debt.
* -50 – For being in the relegation zone.

Due to the club being in severe financial troubles, the most points will be available for your financial management; however points will still be up for grabs in the League.

Challenge Specific Rules

Leagues to load: England: Premiership, Championship and League 1.

Past Experience: Automatic.

You can NOT purchase players using the 12, 24, 36 month instalment function. (All money must be paid up front)

Obviously, software packages (FMRTE, Genie Scout, Etc.) are NOT to be used, however I am not able to monitor these, so I trust you to keep the game fun for everyone.

You will be allowed a Maximum of 20 saved games. (Exceptions can be made)

Tactics created by other uses are NOT permitted, you must use your own tactics.

Challenge Specific Screenshots

For any challenge you complete, i need to see a screenshot for proof. With every entry, I will need to see your transfers for that season, a screenshot of your financial summary at the end of the season and a screenshot of your saved games.

Please note, submit all your screenshots at the end of the season in the same post, this makes it easier for me to track your progress.

All entries must be submitted in this thread by 13:00 GMT on the 19th of March.

Good Luck. Any problems, post in this thread, I will check it when I can.

You may use this thread to discuss your progress with other players.

Last edited:
I loved :wub: the first challenge, and the concept of the challenges that you pick, however I think that the most managed country is England, and the Championship is only the second tier, so lots of people manage there aswell. I had great fun last time managing in Norway, but managing Portsmouth isn't really my style. The reason is, on FM11 it is possible to win the league with Pompey, and complete all your criteria if you are a good enough manager. Also, many people know what players to buy in England ect.

Therefore I will not be competing, but the next challenge, I might take part in :)

I loved :wub: the first challenge, and the concept of the challenges that you pick, however I think that the most managed country is England, and the Championship is only the second tier, so lots of people manage there aswell. I had great fun last time managing in Norway, but managing Portsmouth isn't really my style. The reason is, on FM11 it is possible to win the league with Pompey, and complete all your criteria if you are a good enough manager. Also, many people know what players to buy in England ect.

Therefore I will not be competing, but the next challenge, I might take part in :)

Completely agree :D

It is different but i don't find managing in England that much enjoyable. :)
i'm kind of tired of english football, so i'm trying other leagues :D
But your challanges are great.. great effort put in them..

You can find a club in debt in another country, or if you ask nicely, I can put any clubs you like in Debt, with minus points :) On the editor.