the Managerial story of kyle neeson. the new kid on the block

jettheman111

Reaction score
July 1st 2015
Hello, my name is kyle Neeson this is my journal. I didn't want to do this but my friends say it would be cool to see my journey if I ever became legendary manager (like that's going to happen). So lets start this off with my life story. I was born in Manchester England but spent most off my childhood in Sydney Australia. Although Aussie rules dominated Australia I still had a passion for the beautiful game so after school every day I would practice to prone my skills so one day I could play for my adored club Manchester united. when I was seventeen I got the chance to go pro when I worked my way up to becoming a starter for Nottingham forest. I played well my first few games and was even attracting some interest from big European clubs. But just as my career was beginning it ended in a flash. just one bad step I managed to pull a major ligament and had to retire. I went through a stage of depression but that was brief so I just got back on the horse that was football and went for jobs in various football clubs from janitor to assistant under 18s manager. while I went through these jobs I was also studying for my coaching badges and finally got to my continental A license this is when I new that I was ready to take my first steps into my managerial career
Z

​July 2nd 2015
First Day Unemployed

only a day into my managerial career and I am already getting offers from clubs! the two clubs that have offered me a job inter view are Fulham and Blackburn rovers. Fulham having a lot of money and have already got a established squad. I would pick them for promotion favourites. on the other hand we have Blackburn rovers who have a great history and also have a large amount of money. we will just have to see how the interviews go

images

Last edited:
July 8th 2015
sadly guys both interviews where unsuccessful. looks like I am on the job hunt again

images

14th October 2015
after months of waiting we finally get another job interview. this time with Barnsley. the club have a had a massive fall from grace so it would be good to get them back in the championship. although I am not to interested in league one and I am eyeing of the QPR job. I will still give the interview a go

October 18th 2015

I am happy to say that we have received our first job offer by barnsley. I don't know how to feel about this. of course I ma excited by the prospect of managing my first football club but I think I should try and go for bigger things like a championship club. maybe I am being to ambitions so I have decided to delay it and have a think about it.

​25 October 2015
after a week of thinking I have decided to turn down the offer from barnsley. if I made the wrong decision I will pay for it but I believe it is the best for my career.

December 10th 2015
just as I was finishing my
Christmas shopping I got a phone call. a phone call that could make or break my career. it was a call from a associate from the Southampton football club saying that they have invited me to a interview. as soon as the call ended I went straight on a train to Southampton to attend the interview. I couldn't believe that I was even considered for the Southampton job and couldn't wait for it to start. it was all very short and sweet, I personally think that I made a good impression so hopefully Katharina thought it to. we will just have to wait and see

11th December 2015

jeez! another job interview this time from abrourd. Atlanta have offered me a interview. it would be fantastic to manage in another league but it would be very costly and a massive lifestyle change. but one does not simply turn down those sought of offers so looks like I am going in

15th december 2015

I am extremely exited to announce that I will be the next Southampton manager. GET IN THERE!!. I never even thought that they would even look at my application but hear I am packing my stuff and getting
southampton_fc_neon_lights_desktop_background_by_relxt-d8o3i6s.jpg
ready to take a train to head south for my new home.

15th december 2015

just wanted to go through my expectations tactics and squad report. My expectations aren't very high because we are in dead last and Havant one a game in 12 matches, I am just going to try and avoid relegation.
this tactics might be a bit extravagant but i have decided to go with a 4-1-1-3-1. my squad is actually pretty strong. I don't understand how they got so low on the table. I have identified my four best players
first up we have Steven caulker. he is strong and and good at headers even at his age. but we only got him on loan. next up we have Victor Wanyama. he is extremely strong and is a real presence on the field but his passing is not the best but I will be playing him in a more defensive role so that doesn't really matter. third we have Angel Correa. he has great dribbling and passing.he is also on loan and hasn't had the best of seasons. and finally we have Ryan Bertrand. not the most powerful defender but he is really fast and I could train him to be a pacey winger. will just have to see as I am having a baptism of fire against Liverpool.

images
images
images
images

-

Last edited:
16th december 2015

liverpool 1-0 southampton
images

sadly we couldn't get the win but there are positives to get out of this match
we defended really well although we didn't capitalise on our chances. Steven caulker got a red card which I think was the turning point in the match because our defence was much more open on the counter attack which Liverpool capitalised on in the 80th minute when they scored. with the way we played I think we can get a win against Sunderland.

19th december 2015

sunderland 4-3 southampton

9k=
images

what amazing game! it was back and forth for the hole game I personally didn't know how it would end. sadly we couldn't get the win although I was proud of our efforts. Juanmi especially impressed me with getting a brace. although I still think we are getting caught on the counter attack to much so something has to change. overall it gives me hope that we can end our bad run of games soon.