·
.@Tommy_Doyle8 will spend the 2023/24 season on loan at Wolves
🤝
Good luck, Tommy!
💙

Sam Lee
@SamLee
·
This is a huge loss for City (and a huge huge shock of course). I think everybody assumed he’d replace Txiki one day

David Ornstein
@David_Ornstein
🚨 EXCLUSIVE: Man Utd to name Man City’s Omar Berrada as new CEO. Led by INEOS with Glazer backing. Will take exec leadership of football + business, seat on board + report to owners. Highly regarded & many will see as major coup @TheAthleticFC #MUFC #MCFC https://theathletic.com/5215705/2024/01/20/omar-berrada-manchester-united-city/

That has me really excited till I saw “Report to owners”

If it were L'pool, I'd have lost the excitement at 'City' mate,

Pretty sure I wouldn't want anyone, regardless of the proven track record of being one of the best, most connected guys around at his job, who is coming from a club with a culture of cheating and 115 charges looming large over them that he must presumably have been a party to.

Hope he isn't implicated as that wouldn't be a good look at all for a Utd trying to start over and sort it's self out.

If it were L'pool, I'd have lost the excitement at 'City' mate,

Pretty sure I wouldn't want anyone, regardless of the proven track record of being one of the best, most connected guys around at his job, who is coming from a club with a culture of cheating and 115 charges looming large over them that he must presumably have been a party to.

Hope he isn't implicated as that wouldn't be a good look at all for a Utd trying to start over and sort it's self out.
Now I do think about it, he jumped ship from Barca right before they had financial trouble crop up.

Now I do think about it, he jumped ship from Barca right before they had financial trouble crop up.

Interesting isn’t it when you take a step back? A lot of questions hanging here as good as a coup as it look’s on the face of it.

I mean he might not have been involved with the breaches against the PL’s FFP/ PSR. Just it would concern me if he was coming to us.

I would say though, as much as I agree with you that it all ultimately changes little when everyone is reporting to Joel Glazer having the final say-so; it has to be a positive that Ratcliffe at least ‘appears’ to be trying to put a proper structure of proper football people in place right?

🚨 | Omar Berrada did not play any role in the sponsorship and salary deals that have led to Manchester City being charged with 115 alleged rule breaches by the Premier League. [
@TimesSport
]

Interesting isn’t it when you take a step back? A lot of questions hanging here as good as a coup as it look’s on the face of it.

I mean he might not have been involved with the breaches against the PL’s FFP/ PSR. Just it would concern me if he was coming to us.

I would say though, as much as I agree with you that it all ultimately changes little when everyone is reporting to Joel Glazer having the final say-so; it has to be a positive that Ratcliffe at least ‘appears’ to be trying to put a proper structure of proper football people in place right?
There could be two ways to look at it:

1. He’s aware (and complicit) in city’s 115 go charges and with the potential chicken coming home to roost, he’s trying to put as much distance between him and consequences.

2. He saw no real path to a promotion at city as CEO and jumped at the opportunity for a promotion plus a pay raise. He’s worked under Txixi Bergiatan’s (whom I rate very highly) wing for a while now but is looking to hone his experience in a role which more responsibilities. Basically he’s coming to a club with a non-existent football structure he can mold.

As how I would feel, still question marks and some skepticism but its shows Ratcliffe actually means business. A CEO who’s qualified, proven and one of the best from a direct rival…didn’t see it coming. A far cry from the Woodward’s and the Arnold’s who knew **** all about football. As much as I hate to admit it, city are a model for how a football club should be run (in-spite all the shady business dealings)

That said, as you said, he’s still reports to Joel so I can’t be too optimistic.