The Manchester United Thread

Bild, Kicker, Ogden, Falk all saying Dortmund are preparing for Sancho exit. All in the last hour wonder if something been leaked.

Really want us to win the Europa now, think it'll be the cherry on top. Still think there should be more rotation for it though, especially the LASK game.

Their rumoured replacements for him look very good, not his level but be good business for them.
Yeah they do. Get in some good replacements. Plus have cash left over in the bank. Just seen a few more Like MEN and a Telegraph article stating the same as the others in the last hour. Somethings definately been leaked/briefed this morning. Don’t expect this to drag on.

Really want us to win the Europa now, think it'll be the cherry on top. Still think there should be more rotation for it though, especially the LASK game.
Give Bruno, Matic, AWB, Maguire a rest and have Romero in goal would be a start in the LASK game especially as the Champions League qualification has already been achieved and barring a miracle the next round qualification is all but set in stone. After that definately a case for rotating in certain positions and maybe even dropping De Gea (Romero is a solid enough keeper even if he doesn't have the same skill set).

Give Bruno, Matic, AWB, Maguire a rest and have Romero in goal would be a start in the LASK game especially as the Champions League qualification has already been achieved and barring a miracle the next round qualification is all but set in stone. After that definately a case for rotating in certain positions and maybe even dropping De Gea (Romero is a solid enough keeper even if he doesn't have the same skill set).

Rashford also, he desperately needs a rest.

Rashford also, he desperately needs a rest.
To be fair Rashford is still really getting back from that injury I think which maybe affecting his performances, having on the subs bench would probably be the best solution. Resting Bruno, Maguire and AWB are the important ones I feel.

..... Just seen a few more Like MEN and a Telegraph article stating the same as the others in the last hour. .....

You've seen one bounce off another bounce off another bounce of another bounce .....

*Checks if this is the transfer rumour thread and most any big rumour in there.

Knock me down with a feather.

I would rest everyone of the major 11 that has played since lockdown lifted. Especially against LASK. Could arguably rest half against the Turkish side also and still get the job done.

Would anyone consider Vertonghen on a 12 months + 12 month option contract as a free? Cutting Rojo and/or Jones?

Think I'd rather take him for a year than splash any budget on Nathan bluddy Aké if Ole is serious about a wanting a left-footed CB option for ball progression. Good, experienced personality too. Would be happy with him as 3rd/4th choice, and given his experience at fb & in a 3, could be useful for one off games in which we're shaping up a little differently. Some flexibility. Question is, is he finito or some life in the dog?

Would anyone consider Vertonghen on a 12 months + 12 month option contract as a free? Cutting Rojo and/or Jones?

Think I'd rather take him for a year than splash any budget on Nathan bluddy Aké if Ole is serious about a wanting a left-footed CB option for ball progression. Good, experienced personality too. Would be happy with him as 3rd/4th choice, and given his experience at fb & in a 3, could be useful for one off games in which we're shaping up a little differently. Some flexibility. Question is, is he finito or some life in the dog?
Be a good squad addition on a free. As long as he’s happy to be a squad player and won’t demand silly signing on fees and wages.

I would rest everyone of the major 11 that has played since lockdown lifted. Especially against LASK. Could arguably rest half against the Turkish side also and still get the job done.
Resting the first 11 would be nice but some how I don't think that will happen. I can however see probably 5 or 6 of them getting a rest. Ole will want to keep the momentum going and a full scale change with the squad United have isn't going to happen. I would hope the likes of Romero, TFM, Baily, Fred (or McT). ighalo and probably Chong get to start in the LASK game. That should give at least some of the key players a rest whilst still having a core of first team regulars. Then for the next game rest some of the other regulars. We do know one thing Shaw isn't going to be in the squad so maybe even Dalot (however, the way Ole has treated him recently may suggest otherwise) will get game time.

Resting the first 11 would be nice but some how I don't think that will happen. I can however see probably 5 or 6 of them getting a rest. Ole will want to keep the momentum going and a full scale change with the squad United have isn't going to happen. I would hope the likes of Romero, TFM, Baily, Fred (or McT). ighalo and probably Chong get to start in the LASK game. That should give at least some of the key players a rest whilst still having a core of first team regulars. Then for the next game rest some of the other regulars. We do know one thing Shaw isn't going to be in the squad so maybe even Dalot (however, the way Ole has treated him recently may suggest otherwise) will get game time.
We shouldn’t be starting any of our 11 for that game should be on the bench maximum if Ole feels like giving a few 20 mins to keep them ticking over.

I want to see Romero, Bailly, TFM, Williams, Fred, McTominey, James, Mata, Chong, Ighalo. These players need mins desperately to get into some sort of form. Then take the likes of Mengi, Garner, Laird, Levitt, Mejbri also.

We shouldn’t be starting any of our 11 for that game should be on the bench maximum if Ole feels like giving a few 20 mins to keep them ticking over.

I want to see Romero, Bailly, TFM, Williams, Fred, McTominey, James, Mata, Chong, Ighalo. These players need mins desperately to get into some sort of form. Then take the likes of Mengi, Garner, Laird, Levitt, Mejbri also.

That group you've named should easily smash LASK another 5 you would have thought, but i've really got the itch for us to try and win it all, so hopefully after lask, some of the big boys are back in.

That group you've named should easily smash LASK another 5 you would have thought, but i've really got the itch for us to try and win it all, so hopefully after lask, some of the big boys are back in.
Oh yeah definately want to win it. But that LASK second leg is a free hit and great chance to rest some shattered players physically and mentally. Tbh we could most probably go half rotation and half full strength to get past the Turkish side. Then go full at it in the semi/final with a fully fit full strength side.