The Manchester United Thread

£109 million for a 20 year old is no bargain in any shape or form. .....

Not that I can see anyone remotely paying that this summer, but it is amusing how fans completely overlook the worst economic crisis we're liable to ever face as a planet, with unemployment levels that will end up off the charts, when it comes to their club.

Selective standards. The prerogative of the football fan.

Not that I can see anyone remotely paying that this summer, but it is amusing how fans completely overlook the worst economic crisis we're liable to ever face as a planet, with unemployment levels that will end up off the charts, when it comes to their club.

Utd will definitely pay. But not in one lump sum. It’s gonna be over 3 years

Why should any backlash follow. He’s spending the clubs money. And didn’t furlow or make staff or players take pay cuts. And did a **** load for local charities and is still doing so in the current pandemic.

Probably new tv deals will be bonkers full of cash. But if second wave hits EU then the hit will be hard even footy is accessible via TV. Biggest hit will be felt by smaller clubs, even lower PL teams that dont have that financial power like big ones have.

I would welcome some payment/wage cap taken in even for season or so. Just solidarity to all clubs and leagues. But sane and fair ideas will never happen in football world.

Off topic: In my hometown of 100k people there was guy who had covid and went to nightclub. City statistic went up from 0-1 positive a day into 24 positive cases in few days. Small numbers maybe looking from UK size but this thing can spread fast and cold times are coming in coming months.

Smalling not been named in Roma EL squad. Looks like he’s definitely coming back. Will likely be sold anyway

Very good, just wish we didn't buy him in the first place lol, but this has turned out rather well.
I was okay getting him, especially since he could have been used on the right (which he never ended up being used at, no idea why). Just wish we didn't pay a king's ransom to him in terms of salary.

Either way, the curse of the #7 jersey continues, nobody good enough since Ronaldo. Hopefully, when and if we get Sancho, he will break the chain.