The Manchester United Thread

They are just nowt special, but have a feeling it will be one of these nights.... Bono's greatest hits at the moment with all them saves lol. Start singing band aid chaps ****** ****.

What the **** is that defending? ******* 140m for 3 players and still cant defend simple crosses. **** off.

I am a believer that if you don't finish your chances...the other team will. That happened today. Sevilla literally finished the only chances they created all game

With that being said, does OGS not know you can make subs before the 80th minute?

Frustrating is all I have to say. 2 easy gls conceded from Sevilla only 2 chances. Played fairly well I thought and that 15 mins after the second half started was some of the best attacking footy we have played, carved them open at will. Goalkeeper had a worldie and if you don’t score your likely to concede.

That’s the season over. Have to say pretty happy with it as a whole. Need to invest and clear out now. Then build and go again. Lots of positives on a whole.

I am a believer that if you don't finish your chances...the other team will. That happened today. Sevilla literally finished the only chances they created all game

With that being said, does OGS not know you can make subs before the 80th minute?

Biggest difference tonight mate? Coaching. Sevilla are a collection of good footballer's excellently coached/ organised.

Utd have some excellent footballers.(Your **** poor backend aside Mad how they think Sancho is what's needed when you've very little quality the other end of the park.). But are shockingly coached. With next to no organisation at all.

Absolutely NO game management in this United side whatsoever. Bernabea (Sp?) who's off to Saudi controlled that game from start to finish.You've nothing like that to control a game of football.

Take the historic Leicester collapse out of the equation and you'd be in the Europa again next season whilst Solksjaer's busy patting himself on the back for a season of very F little in reality.

Last edited:
This is why we need an out and out striker that is more clinical. And WTF were them subs all about? As soon as we went 2-1 down Ighalo should have been on. If he was on instead of James when that ball went to the back post he would have the instinct to get on the end of it coz hes an out and out striker. James has been **** since October. For all the stick Lingard has had he should have been on before James. Scored 2 recently and higher in confidence at the moment.

The biggest problem is the tippy tappy 1-2 **** as soon as we get to the box trying to play through 5 defenders. Just get it out of your feet and shoot. But a lot of that comes from firstly not having an out and out striker in the box and secondly full backs that just wont cross a ball. Especially AWB. For somebody that is basically a converted winger, why wont he cross a ball? Always a cut back or a ball to bruno on the edge of the box with 3 players around him.

Biggest plus for me tonight is at least we didnt win tonight and get twatted off Inter in the final with 3 ex reds that were deemed not good enough, but played a lot better over there. Especially the only proper striker we had in Lukaku that has had his best year so far.

We've got a month till the league starts again. Ed needs to get his finger out of his **** and get these signings sorted. No good waiting till October when we are already out of the league coz we are starting again with a knackered squad.

Biggest difference tonight mate? Coaching. Sevilla are a collection of good footballer's excellently coached/ organised.

Utd have some excellent footballers.(Your **** poor backend aside Mad how they think Sancho is what's needed when you've very little quality the other end of the park.). But are shockingly coached. With next to no organisation at all.

Absolutely NO game management in this United side whatsoever. Bernabea (Sp?) who's off to Saudi controlled that game from start to finish.You've nothing like that to control a game of football.

Take the historic Leicester collapse out of the equation and you'd be in the Europa again next season whilst Solksjaer's busy patting himself on the back for a season of very F little in reality.

I don't really understand this point. You say game management like we were holding onto a 1 goal lead and threw it away in the 80th minute or something and Banega didn't have that good of a game.

Seen a lot of **** for AWB and Lindelof for the goal as well. Whilst I agree they should have done better, Williams should never have let that ball be crossed in. His man was 3 yards being him when the ball was played through. Then when he got back into position, he was more bothered about keeping his arms behind his back and turning away that sticking a leg out to block the ball.

And why can't DDG read a cross and cut it out instead of staying on his line? Just **** poor defending all round

I don't really understand this point. You say game management like we were holding onto a 1 goal lead and threw it away in the 80th minute or something and Banega didn't have that good of a game.

You certainly weren’t controlling it in any way, shape or form bar the short blitz after half time. Utd may have had the better chances but Sevilla controlled the game perfectly.

Sevilla were the side managing that game to their own ends, Which, now I’m watching games again and looking back at games since the restart still having a **** load of free time on my hands currently, has happened against most every decent side you’ve come up against since the return. Whilst you’ve rolled the weaker ones.

Banega (Sp? I'll get it right eventually haha) was playing through and around you all night mate. He was the best player on the park. Simple and effective.

Last edited:
You certainly weren’t controlling it in any way, shape or form bar the short blitz after half time. Utd may have had the better chances but Sevilla controlled the game perfectly.

Sevilla were the side managing that game to their own ends, Which, now I’m watching games again and looking back at games since the restart still having a **** load of free time on my hands currently, has happened against most every decent side you’ve come up against since the return. Whilst you’ve rolled the weaker ones.

Banega (Sp? I'll get it right eventually haha) was playing through and around you all night mate. He was the best player on the park. Simple and effective.

I tend to judge a match more on chance creation. Did Sevilla enjoy more possession? Yes they did. They progressed the ball well but did **** all with it in the final third 90% of the time. The xG from the game does suggest we should've won. Credit to Sevilla, they took their chances but don't mistake match control for possession. We didn't control it either but he created more and better opportunities to win it

We need better defensive coaching. While that maybe an overreaction to yesterday's match, we definitely need better organising, and that starts from the coaching, not just the players. Yes, we may have had the third or fourth best defense last year in the league, but the goals we conceded we rather silly too, de Gea howlers aside. Need to defend as a unit, and organise ourselves better.

And ****, need to deal with crosses better. Still unsure about needing more CBs, but if we selling three of them, we need to go and get a good CB. And honestly, I don't care if it is a left/right defender (I mean, wasn't Maguire used on the left when at Leicester?).

But Woodward needs to get his head out of his *** and go get something done. Mind you, I'm not stating go after Sancho specifically if the finances don't support it But instead of wasting time, go after other targets (or atleast, after other necessities of the squad).