The Manchester United Thread

Imo, apart from Sancho, we need at least another two signings. Players around 26~28 years old with their fair share of international and continental matches for the upcoming UCL. OGS himself said yesterday that the squad is a bit imature and that it showed.

I'm thinking a left-footed CB who's strong in the air. Also a high-energy DM that excels in tackles and interceptions.

Also, Williams may benefit from a loan. I think Telles, Hernandez and Reguillon are worth checking.

Any Barça or Valencia players you guys see as an opportunity?
Don't want to touch anyone from Barca. Only one I'd like is de Jong, but he won't be for sale. Neither will ter Stegen. So, no.

Valencia, on the other hand... I quite like Guedes. And even Jose Gaya as a full back.

I'd consider Griezmann if they were willing to sell and Rakitic, if he was on the cheap. I know he's old, but he is a classy player with a strong mentality.

As for Valencia, i watched some pretty rock solid performances from Kondogbia. I like Guedes, but there are better options out there. Buendía, for instance. I feel the same about Gayá.

I'd consider Griezmann if they were willing to sell and Rakitic, if he was on the cheap. I know he's old, but he is a classy player with a strong mentality.

As for Valencia, i watched some pretty rock solid performances from Kondogbia. I like Guedes, but there are better options out there. Buendía, for instance. I feel the same about Gayá.
Griezmann seems to system player and a tad overated in my opinion. Not worth the price and wage.

Griezmann seems to system player and a tad overated in my opinion. Not worth the price and wage.
I agree in part, mate. He isn't a player who wins games on his own, like Neymar or prime Bale.

Griezmann, instead, is a player that relies on his elite finishing, his off-the-ball movements and on his high footballing IQ. He always showed up for Atleti and France.

The thing is, Barça needs a creative, dribbling LW and Griezmann operates better as a Second/shadow striker. Barcelona has been clueless for years now.

To think back a few years and the absolute frenzy in here over the Utd rumours with tweet after tweet after tweet.

Sancho's been like Greizmann déjà vu!

Jesus. 'If'' there's truth in that, it's more of the continued 'same old, same old' from Woodward. Who remains your biggest issue.

To go from a ____hot 20-year-old to the complete opposite end of the spectrum in an ageing soon to be 30-year-old with injury issues is as all over the place as he gets.

Although it would be consistent in him going for the biggest name he could think of in his limited football mind.

Jesus. 'If'' there's truth in that, it's more of the continued 'same old, same old' from Woodward. Who remains your biggest issue.

To go from a ____hot 20-year-old to the complete opposite end of the spectrum in an ageing soon to be 30-year-old with injury issues is as all over the place as he gets.

Although it would be consistent in him going for the biggest name he could think of in his limited football mind.

I wonder if it's a loan...

Whatever it is it's something you shouldn't be touching with a ten-foot pole.

We're linked to all sorts of players. I personally don't see this happening as it kind of goes against OGS' transfer ethos. Ighalo aside, who was a break-glass signing due to Rashford's injury, his signings have been 26 or younger. If he's trying to play the waiting game till next season and seek an temporary solution on loan, I think he can do better than D. Costa

I'm getting a serious lack of a plan vibe with this window, it's still early but I've got my doubts that we're just going to **** it up again. Just like we did with Mourinho when he progressed us and then they didn't back him with the signings he wanted like a CB and Perisic etc. (Regardless of whether you wanted them).

If we do the same again then just criminal really, Woodward has to deliver, all our rivals are strengthening even if not first team, they'll just have stronger depth.

I'm getting a serious lack of a plan vibe with this window, it's still early but I've got my doubts that we're just going to **** it up again. Just like we did with Mourinho when he progressed us and then they didn't back him with the signings he wanted like a CB and Perisic etc. (Regardless of whether you wanted them).

If we do the same again then just criminal really, Woodward has to deliver, all our rivals are strengthening even if not first team, they'll just have stronger depth.
We was right not to back Mourinho just stupid to give him a new contract. There is no bad vibe anything about this window. In fact it’s going as I want atm.