doh007

Reaction score
This might be related to "what team should i pick" but i wanted to pick a team that has a meaning, like for ex. (and this is based on some facts imo and personal opinion).

These are just some teams i "think" i know what they mean:

In Portugal i associate:

Benfica -> the team from the people
Sporting -> team from the upper society classes (or those who want to be)
Porto -> regional club with of course a national/international impact

France:

Bordeaux -> red wine

Italy:

Fiorentina -> beautiful city

In the end i want to pick a team for each of the 5 top national championships to manage (In Portugal i pick Benfica). Also want to make a listing of the teams then at the end.

Fenerbahce - People's club.
G*latasa*ay - Mongoloid's club.
B*sikt*s - Animal's club.
Karsiyaka - True fans.
Goztepe - Wannabe hipsters, but awesome ultra-fans who tear **** up.

That about sums up Turkish Football ;)

As if you didn't expect this coming from supporters... lol.

Also there's the most obvious one on the international stage for me would be Internazionale... the name says it all I think. The team based around the philosophy that is multiculturalism. It can and does work!

Yeah of course im expecting fans opinion on their teams as well. But thats kinda like the whole point... still want to keep it as much factual as possible

Apart from (the expected) fan biased opinions this should have some social and historical foundation as well 8-|

Last edited:
Argentina:
River Plate- Higher class, beautiful football. Youth factory. "El Mas Grande.. Lejos/The biggest club... By far"
Boca Juniors- Worlds biggest neighborhood club. Win no matter how you do it. "La mitad mas uno/Half plus one". Lower class mostly. More worried about the party in the stands than the actual game.
Racing Club- The academy. Most faithful fans. Extremely unlucky history. First big team in Argentina. "La academia/The Academy".
Independiente- The red devils. 3rd biggest club in Argentina. "Rey de Copas/King of cups". Most libertadores of any club.
San Lorenzo- Think they're a big club. Have no neighborhood or history. "El ciclon/The cyclone".

Uruguay:
Nacional- "El bolso". Worlds first "hincha". Mostly higher class. 3 Times world champions when it actually mattered.
Penarol- "El manya". Created by the english, lower class but most supported club. 3 Times world champions as well.