Status
Not open for further replies.
2011/2012 SEASON

Neall Johnston:

Wenger certainly isn’t known for sending his most promising youngsters on loan, though he did not take this approach with Neall Johnston, instead sending the striker on loan to Championship side Leeds. During his time at the club, Neall scored a decent 7 goals in 17 appearances. Although his loan period was not for the entire season, Johnston’s contributions certainly helped send Leeds into the play-off places as they finished the season in 5th spot. Leeds successfully defeated both Ipswich and Burnley as they finally found themselves back in the Premier League. Amazingly, Neall Johnston was a part of the England U20s side that won the U20s World Cup, defeating Brazil in the final 2-0 (With Johnston scoring the 2nd in that particular match).

Brian Arthur:

Although being sent on loan from Manchester City this season, he remained in the Premier League as he moved to Blackburn Rover, playing 12 games for the club in all – scoring 4 goals. After making his full International debut vs Andorra for the Republic of Ireland (a game in which he scored twice), Brian Arthur made 2 more appearances for his country, scoring in both (Bringing his International scoring tally up to 4). Although Roberto Mancini was sacked by Manchester City, being replaced by Harry Redknapp, Arthur’s chances of playing week-in week-out still appeared slim, and the Irishman is eager to once again go on loan for first team football.

Stephen Kingman:

Immediately after joining Fulham in the summer, Kingman was shipped out to Norwich for a season long loan. He immediately broke into the first team at Carrow Road, making 29 appearances in all for his temporary club (with 6 assists in those matches). In the England U20s team in the summer, Kingman lifted silverware for the first time as his country secured the U20s World Cup trophy.

Lee Taylor:

Lee Taylor was once against present all season for Las Palmas, with the Spanish club improving massively on their performances last season, managing to finish 9th. The stats don’t tell the whole story (With only 3 assists in all) as Taylor was one of their most influential players throughout the season, securing a new 2 year contract with the club.

Jack Kidd:

After achieving promotion with Southampton last season, Jack Kidd helped the Saints stay in the Championship, his performances helping to secured 19th position in the league, 3 points clear of relegation. His impressive 11 assists along with his 2 goals was enough to attract the attention of Premier League clubs and, when his favourite club Fulham offered a fee of around 5m, Kidd jumped at the chance to move, signing a contract of 28.5k per week. Jack Kidd was arguably England’s best player in the final of the U20’s World Cup, captaining the side to a historic victory.

Nick Main:

It was a great year for Nick Main as not only was he a part of the U20 World Cup winning England squad, but his club Leeds United had finally made it back into the Premiership after almost a 10 year absence (Scoring 3 goals from centre-back position).

Darijo Vucetic:

Despite playing well for Barcelona Atletic, and looking like one of their brightest prospects, Guardiola decided to cash in on the Croat when a bid of 4.2m from Villarreal came in. Throughout the season – for both clubs – Darijo performed admirably, with 4 assists overall and an average rating of more than 7.50. Villarreal managed to beat both Sevilla and Valencia to 4th spot in La Liga partly thanks to Vucetic’s heroics at Right back.

Stan Raymonde:

Immediately after arriving at Stamford Bridge, the Chelsea management decided to send the promising striker on loan. His first suitors were Burnley, though he only made 2 appearances for the club (Scoring in both matches) with a hip injury keeping him out for a couple of months. When his loan period was over at Turf Moor, he was shipped to Crystal Palace for another 6 month loan period. Despite making 10 appearances, he failed to score a single goal.
Jake Miller:

Predictably, with opportunities for first team football looking slim at Eastlands, Miller was sent on loan to recently relegated Blackpool. After an average start of just 1 goal in 5 appearances, Jake Miller was injured for 6 weeks, ending his loan period early. It looked as though he would be sent on loan once again in January, but a twisted knee prevented any temporary move from materializing, leaving the attacking midfielder in the reserves for the rest of the season.

Dunc Greentank:

In 39 appearances for new club Crystal Palace, Greentank (Dear god.) managed to bag 16 goals and assist a further 4 goals for his teammates. His relatively prolific goalscoring record has been enough to attract Premier League interest. With Blackburn, Sunderland and Birmingham all offering him a contract, Duncan has a decision to make.

Ivan Korodzhov:

After being bought by Manchester City for 1.9m pounds, Korodzhov has done nothing of interest, with the club deciding not to send him on loan; he spent his season in the reserve team, playing 5 non-competitive games in all, assisting once. Apparently, there is interest from Burnley to bring the Frenchman to Turf Moor in an attempt to once again reach the Premier League.

Tirath Singh:

Things haven’t looked promising for Tirath, after making just a single cup appearance for Mallorca, he was moved to their B team. This decision however looks to have been taken in an attempt to regain the Australian’s match fitness, not surprising as injuries kept him out of the season for around 4 months in 2011/2012. Despite barely playing at club level, Singh now has 5 caps for country.

OJ Simpson:

The interest from Bolton materialized as the Scottish striker made the move to the Reebok Stadium after the 750k bid was accepted by Bury. Although a slow first season in the Premier League (Making 5 League appearances and 4 in the cup), Simpson is said to be very optimistic about his future at the club.

Billy Redrup:

Keeping a steady grip on the #1 spot on the Leeds teamsheet, Billy Redrup made 41 appearances in goal this season, conceding a total of 60 goals, with 11 clean sheets on his record. His heroics in goal were incredibly influential towards their promotion push, an objective that the club managed to reach via the playoffs. Redrup has now accumulated 15 youth caps for his country, and it surely won’t be long until he is in the senior squad.

Alfie Redrup:

Despite having an average season with Sheffield United in the Premier League, scoring a single goal and assisting 3, it was enough to keep the club in the top division – finishing 15th with 44 points.

Conor McFadden:

McFadden’s 6 month loan period from Manchester City to Blackpool was a success, with the centre-back achieving a 7.27 average rating. Getting a single assist and remaining solid at the back. Unfortunately, his loan spell wasn’t extended and Conor headed back to Manchester City where he was placed in the reserve team (making 3 appearances for the first team, all 3 from the bench). The Irishman now has 2 caps for his country after making his International debut vs Portugal.

Nathan Burdidge:

Nathan Burdidge managed to score a goal and set up a further 7 for Leeds up until January, with this run of form enough to attract interest from Premiership side Stoke City. The Potters managed to sign the winger for 4m pounds, with Burdidge adjusting very well to Premiership life – scoring 3 and assisting 5 in his first 16 games for his new club. He’s already being touted as the next Stewart Downing, impressing for the England Youth team also (with 13 youth caps and 4 youth goals).

Ed Syers:

Unsurprisingly, moving up two divisions with his transfer to Leicester left Ed Syers scoring almost 10 goals less than last year at Chesterfield. However, it certainly wasn’t a bad debut season in the competitive npower Championship, with his 13 goals bringing Leicester to touching distance of the play-offs, just missing out by 2 points.

Daniel Oakes:

Oakes got his wish of going on loan, being sent to Scottish giants Celtic for a full season. In 49 appearances, Daniel scored an impressive 22 goals as well as assisting 6 goals, though unfortunately for the entire team, this wasn’t enough as Rangers won the league by a huge 12 points. He also managed to maintain his impressive scoring record at Youth level for England, now with 8 in 8.

Ronan Eboue:

After making just a single appearance for Walsall in the 2011, Peterborough came in for the defensive midfielder in late summer, bringing Eboue to London Road for a fee believed to be around 1m. Excluding when injured or suspended, Ronan was ever-present for the Championship side, keeping them from relegation as they managed an 18th place finish. The Irishman has accumulated 11 youth caps for country to date.

Competition winners:

Premier League - Manchester United
FA Cup – Manchester United
League Cup – Wolves
Johnstone's Paint Trophy – MK Dons
Champions League – Barcelona
La Liga - Barcelona
Spanish Cup - Real Madrid
Spanish Super Cup - Barcelona
Serie A - Roma
Italian Cup - Roma
Italian Super Cup - Inter
Bundesliga - Bayern Munich
German Cup – Leverkusen
European Football Championship 2012 - FRANCE

Last edited:
I didn't notice before, but you spelt my last name wrong: it is Burbidge, not Burdidge ;). Not sure If I spelt it wrong myself when I gave you the detailts though.

My player is doing well though, but Stoke? :'(

Haha, wooo, I'm doing pretty well I think, very nice to be with England too :)

I didn't notice before, but you spelt my last name wrong: it is Burbidge, not Burdidge ;). Not sure If I spelt it wrong myself when I gave you the detailts though.

My player is doing well though, but Stoke? :'(

Well, you sent details via IRC so can't clarify, but I shall change it now.

Jake stop following me around clubs. I know you want to be me and all, but c'mon, too far.

This is horrific. FMRTE me back to Peterborough...

Why did Curt make me so ****? Everyone else seems to be an international :'(

Woop 8 in 8 for England. Done well at Celtic even though Rangers pwned the league

Jack Kidd:

After achieving promotion with Southampton last season, Jack Kidd helped the Saints stay in the Championship, his performances helping to secured 19th position in the league, 3 points clear of relegation. His impressive 11 assists along with his 2 goals was enough to attract the attention of Premier League clubs and, when his favourite club Fulham offered a fee of around 5m, Kidd jumped at the chance to move, signing a contract of 28.5k per week. Jack Kidd was arguably England’s best player in the final of the U20’s World Cup, captaining the side to a historic victory.

When I read this I cried :wub:

If I move to Sunderland, please, just kill my guy, he doesn't deserve a fate like that.

**** I got prawned by injuries now in the B team :'(

2012/2013 SEASON UPDATE

Neall Johnston:

Arsenal:
1 League Appearance/1 League goal/0 League Assists
2 Cup Appearances/0 Cup goals/0 Cup Assists
Average Rating: 6.90
Shots on Target %: 100
Finished 2nd in Premiership

England:
14 Youth Caps/10 Youth Goals

Interest from Clubs:
Blackburn Rovers – Loan (Minor)

Brian Arthur:

Blackburn Rovers (Loan):
11 League Appearances/3 League goals/1 League Assist
2 Continental Appearances/0 Continental goals/0 Continental Assists
Average Rating 6.68
Shots on Target %: 68
Finished 6th in Premiership

Republic of Ireland
8 Caps/6 Goals
Average Rating: 6.90
Shots on Target %: 66

Interest from Clubs:
Blackburn Rovers – Loan (Minor)

Injuries:
9.12.2012 – Strained knee ligaments (6 weeks)
5.3.2013 – A cold (2 days)
29.5.2013 – A bruised thigh (5 days)

Stephen Kingman:

Portsmouth (Loan):
31 League Appearances/0 League Goals/6 League Assists
Pass Completion %: 73
Average Rating: 6.54
Finished 10th in npower Championship

Interest from Clubs:
Cardiff – Loan (Minor)

Injuries:
7.8.2012 – A strained neck (7 days)
20.5.2013 – A sports hernia (4 weeks)

Lee Taylor:

Las Palmas:
36 League Appearances/1 League Goal/7 League Assists
1 Cup Apperance/0 Cup Goals/0 Cup Assists
Pass Completion %: 75
Average Rating: 7.18
Finished 2nd in Liga Adelante (Secured Promotion to La Liga)

England:
2 Youth Caps/0 Youth Goals

Interest from other clubs:
West Bromwich Albion – Transfer (Minor)

Injuries:
16.8.2012 – Fractured wrist (6 weeks)

Jack Kidd:
Fulham:
28 League Appearances/0 League Goals/1 League Assist
5 Cup Appearances/0 Cup Goals/1 Cup Assist
Pass Completion %: 79
Average Rating: 6.59
Finished 15th in Premiership

England:
13 Youth Caps/2 Youth Goals

Injuries:
19.4.2013 – Chest Injury (10 days)

Nick Main:

Leeds United:
26 League Appearances/0 League Goals/3 League Assists
2 Cup Appearances/0 Cup goals/1 Cup assist
Tackles won per 90 minutes: 4.74
Red Cards: 1
Average rating: 6.67
Finished 16th in Premiership

England:
19 Youth Caps/0 Youth Goals

Injuries:
26.9.2012 – A stubbed toe (7 days)
20.10.2012 – Concussion (7 days)
26.12.2012 – Broken cheekbone (4 weeks)

Darijo Vucetic:

Villarreal:
23 League Appearances/0 League Goals/2 League Assists
6 Continental Appearances/0 Continental Goals/0 Continental Assists
Tackles won per 90 minutes: 4.82
Average Rating: 7.29
Finished 9th in La Liga

Croatia:
16 Youth Caps/1 Youth Goal

Injuries:
23.11.2012 – A twisted knee (3 weeks)
15.5.2013 – Fractured cheekbone (4 weeks)
16.6.2013 – Gashed leg (3 days)

Stan Raymonde:

Blackpool (Loan):
33 League Appearances/8 League Goals/0 League Assists
Average rating: 6.75
Shots on target %: 55
Finished 3rd in npower Championship (Failed in playoffs)

England:
2 Youth Appearances/0 Youth Goals

Cardiff – Loan (Minor)

Injuries:
27.3.2013 – A sports hernia

Jake Miller:

Cardiff (Loan):
23 League Appearances/4 League Goals/5 League Assists
Pass Completion %: 74
Red Cards: 1
Average Rating: 6.72
Finished 16th in npower Championship

England:
1 Youth Cap/0 Youth Goals

West Bromwich Albion – Loan (Minor)

Injuries:
25.8.2012 – Strained knee ligaments (6 weeks)
23.3.2013 – Gashed leg (12 days)
4.5.2013 – Twisted knee (2 weeks)

Dunc Greentank:

Sunderland (3.6m transfer):
9 League Appearances/3 League Goals/0 League Assists
3 Cup Appearances/1 Cup Goal/0 Cup Assists
Average Rating: 6.79
Shots on target %: 56
Finished 10th in Premiership

England:
4 Youth Caps/3 Youth Goals

Injuries:
9.10.2012 – Facial Injury (5 days)
22.5.2013 – A cold (2 days)

Other Information:
Signed a contract until 2015 with Sunderland, worth 19.5k/week.

Ivan Korodzhov:

Le Mans FC:
15 League Appearances/5 League Goals/2 League Assists
1 Cup Appearance/0 Cup Goals/0 Cup Assists
Average Rating: 6.83
Shots on target %: 71
Finished 14th in Ligue 1

France:
4 Youth Caps/3 Youth Goals

Injuries:
19.1.2013 – Bruised Rib (8 days)

Tirath Singh:

Mallorca B:
17 League Appearances/0 League Goals/4 League Assists
Pass Completion %: 68
Average Rating: 7.11

Australia:
11 Caps/0 Goals

Injuries:
28.12.2012 – Bruised Shin (8 days)
12.2.2013 – Bruised Shin (8 days)

Real Sociedad – Transfer (Minor)

Other information:
Signed new contract on 29.12.2012 worth 8.25k/week

OJ Simpson:

Bolton:
5 League Appearances/1 League Goal/0 League Assists
Average Rating: 6.60
Shots on Target %: 60
Finished 9th in Premiership

Scotland:
16 Youth Caps/10 Youth Goals

Injuries:
17.9.2012 – Thigh strain (3 weeks)

Other Information:
Signed new contract on 9.1.2013 worth 13.25k/week

Billy Redrup:

Leeds United:
31 League Appearances/54 League Goals Conceded/5 League Clean Sheets
4 Cup Appearances/5 Cup Goals Conceded/1 Cup Clean Sheet
Average amount of goals conceded per 90 minutes: 1.67
Average rating: 6.60
Finished 16th in Premiership

England:
3 Caps/0 Goals (Since debut vs Portugal on 21.11.2012)

Injuries:
9.8.2012 – Torn groin muscle (6 weeks)
17.3.2013 – Damaged heel (9 days)

Other information:
Currently unsettled at the club and considering his options

Alfie Redrup:

Sheffield United:
27 League Appearances/1 League Goal/3 League Assists
2 Cup Appearances/0 Cup Goals/1 Cup Assist
Pass Completion %: 76
Average Rating: 6.52
Finished 18th in Premiership (Relegated)
England:
11 Youth Caps/1 Youth Goal

Injuries:
12.8.2012 – Broken ribs (4 weeks)
30.3.2013 – Strained knee ligaments (7 weeks)

Celtic – Transfer (Minor)

Other information:
Signed new contract on 26.5.2013 worth 23.5k/week

Conor McFadden:

Wigan:
24 League Appearances/0 League Goals/0 League Assists
Tackles won per 90 minutes: 5.10
Average rating: 7.26
Finished 20th in Premiership (Relegated)

Republic of Ireland:
3 Caps/0 Goals

Injuries:
21.7.2012 – Dead leg (3 days)
29.10.2012 – Dislocated jaw (4 weeks)
28.5.2013 – Damaged foot (2 weeks)

Nathan Burbidge:

Stoke City:
28 League Appearances/2 League Goals/7 League Assists
Average Rating: 6.94

England:
21 Youth Caps/4 Youth Goals

Injuries:
12.8.2012 – Fractured arm (4 weeks)

Ed Syers:

Bolton (4.8m transfer)
26 League Appearances/9 League Goals/1 League Assist
4 Cup Appearances/2 Cup Goals/2 Cup Assists
Average rating: 6.94
Shots on target %: 43
Finished 9th in Premiership

England:
10 Youth Caps/8 Youth Goals

Injuries:
29.8.2012 – Gashed head (10 days)
12.9.2012 – Bruised shin (8 days)
14.2.2013 – Damaged heel (12 days)
18.5.2013 – Concussion (9 days)

Other information:
Signed a contract on 6.7.2012 worth 25k/week

Daniel Oakes:

Sheffield United (Loan)
30 League Appearances/7 League Goals/5 League Assists
Average rating: 6.53
Shots on target %: 46
Finished 18th in Premiership (Relegated)

England:
16 Youth Caps/14 Youth Goals

Injuries:
11.9.2012 – Bruised Rib (7 days)
9.10.2012 – Bruised Rib (7 days)
18.10.2012 – Flu (6 days)
30.3.2013 – Concussion (8 days)

Other Information:
Signed a new contract on 3.1.2013 worth 11.75k/week

Ronan Eboue:

Burnley (2.4m transfer)
18 League Appearances/1 League Goal/8 League Assists
6 Cup Appearances/0 Cup Goals/1 Cup Assists
Pass Completion %: 81
Average Rating: 7.10
Finished 7th in npower Championship

Republic of Ireland:
1 Cap/0 Goals (Debut vs Bulgaria 21.11.2012)

Injuries:
25.5.2013 – Food Poisoning (5 days)

Other information:
Signed contract on 25.7.2012 worth 14.25k/week

Premier League - Manchester United
FA Cup – Chelsea
League Cup – West Ham
Johnstone's Paint Trophy – Carlisle
Champions League – Olympique Lyonnais
La Liga – Real Madrid
Spanish Cup - Barcelona
Spanish Super Cup – Real Madrid
Serie A - Fiorentina
Italian Cup - Roma
Italian Super Cup - Juventus
Bundesliga - Bayern Munich
German Cup – Borussia Dortmund
African Cup of Nations – Senegal

(Did this layout in an attempt to save time, not sure it worked and I don't think I like it, what do you all think? Let me know).

nah the old layout was much better IMO more personal and you wrote it well

scored on debut for arsenal :D, hhaa dunc @ scumderland he will be chuffed

2013/2014 SEASON UPDATE

Neall Johnston:

After barely playing for Arsenal last season, Manager Hugo Sanchez decided to send the striker on loan, managing to find a place in the Bolton squad for him. Johnston went on to make 20 appearances in total for the Wanderers (despite injuries keeping him out of action for an accumulative 10 weeks), scoring 5 goals and setting up another, helping the club finish 14th in the Premiership. Neall managed to secure a further 4 youth caps for England this season, bagging another International youth goal in the process. Apparently Leeds are interested in bringing the striker on loan to Elland Road for his second loan spell at the club.

Brian Arthur:

Arthur was not sent on loan to Blackburn for a third year running; instead he traveled further North to Scotland to join Celtic on a full-season loan period. In this time, the striker made 43 appearances in all competitions, scoring 18 and assisting 5 as Celtic failed to win the SPL by just a single point. Arthur made 4 further appearances for Ireland this season, bringing his total up to 12 and total International goals up to 8. The young striker is apparently very eager to go on loan once more considering the lack of first team opportunities at Manchester City.

Stephen Kingman:

The interest from Championship club Cardiff materialized as Kingman moved on a season long loan to Wales, though he certainly failed to impress – only making a single assist in 19 league appearances. It was heartbreak for the Cardiff faithful as their team was relegated after finishing 22nd with 45 points. Even worse news for the midfielder is that his parent club Fulham was relegated during his absence, making it very likely he would once again be playing Championship football next season.

Lee Taylor:

Taylor, and the rest of the Las Palmas squad, adapted well to football in La Liga as their relatively weak squad managed to avoid relegation (though admittedly only on goal difference). Lee maintained a 7.03 average rating this season and his fine performances, in which he set up 3 goals (with an 86% pass completion rate), managed to secure the young Englishman a new contract with the team – making him one of the top earners.

Jack Kidd:

Lifelong Fulham fan Jack Kidd could not prevent his club’s relegation this season, despite making a total of 39 appearances for the club. The youngster set up 5 goals throughout the season and had an average rating of 6.63.

Nick Main:

After being solid defensively all season for Leeds United, helping the club to a mid-table position, Main gathered the interest of Premier League runners up Tottenham Hotspur who signed the defender for 11.75m. He also made quite a few Youth appearances for England throughout the season, taking his total up to 27.

Darijo Vucetic:

Darijo Vucetic had a decent season in La Liga with Villarreal, upholding a 7.15 rating in 20 appearances in all competitions (with a few injuries keeping him out of action for a significant amount of time). The right back’s defensive performances helped secure 7th place in the League for the club, slightly lower than their media prediction.

Stan Raymonde:

Raymonde spent the entirety of the 2013/14 season on loan at Cardiff City, the striker scoring 9 in 38 appearances for the Championship side. His fire-power was not enough to keep the team in the League however as they succumbed to relegation. When he arrived back at Stamford Bridge, manager David Moyes made it very clear he still had not proven himself capable of a first team position and placed him in the reserves. Newly promoted Coventry are apparently interested in taking the striker on loan.

Jake Miller:

After starting a couple of League games for Manchester City, in which he performed well, the Club decided to send him on loan to Championship outfit Wigan Athletic, where the attacking midfielder made 15 appearances in all – scoring a single goal. Unfortunately, the knee that is giving the young Englishman so much trouble once again played up this season as he suffered from twists on two separate occasions, keeping him out for some time.

Dunc Greentank:

Newcastle fan Dunc Greentank’s stay at fierce rivals Sunderland did not last very long at all as he failed to perform in his second season at the club, only scoring 2 goals in 13 starts (meriting an average rating of 6.49). Everton came in for the striker and bagged their target for 4.8m pounds, with Sunderland managing to make a 1.2m profit from the flop.

Ivan Korodzhov:

Ivan had a torrid time this season, playing for La Liga side Hercules after being sent on loan for the entire year. He failed to hit the ground running as he made 6 appearances for the club, failing to score or assist a single goal. Consequently, he spent the rest of the season on the bench before being shipped back to Manchester once the season finished (While Hercules suffered relegation). Apparently Coventry City are interested in improving their strike-force by bringing the Frenchman in on loan.

Tirath Singh:

Singh seems to have successfully re-ignited his career as Mallorca finally sold the Australian to La Liga side Real Sociedad for 2.8m. Tirath made 23 appearances in total for his new club, setting up 5 goals from the centre of midfield. However, this was not enough in a very competitive league and so Sociedad were relegated to Liga Adelante, finishing rock bottom. With the ambitious youngster not satisfied with playing in the 2nd division, it is looking more and more likely he will move abroad, with both Lille and Koln interested in his services. Singh racked up a few more caps for his country this year, bringing his total to 20.

OJ Simpson:

Simpson performed occasionally for Bolton Wanderers this season, making a total of 13 appearances for the club and scoring 5 goals though he failed to break into the first XI as injuries stifled his progression. It has been reported that new Premiership side Coventry City are interested in loaning Simpson among other strikers in an attempt to retain their Premier League status.

Billy Redrup:

The promising Goalkeeper made a big money move from Leeds United to Juventus as they sought a long-term replacement for retired legend Gianluigi Buffon, being sold for 12.75m. He immediately became first choice keeper for the Italian giants, making 50 appearances in all competitions in his first season. He kept 17 clean sheets and conceded 50 goals as Juventus came 3rd in the league.

Alfie Redrup:

Redrup had an impressive debut season for Celtic after his 8 million move from Sheffield United, breaking into the first team almost immediately as the youngster made 41 appearances in total. The midfielder scored 3 goals as well as setting up 10 for his teammates in all competitions, though once again Celtic failed to secure the Scottish Premier League title, losing out to Rangers by a single point this year, also falling short in both the Scottish Cup and Scottish League Cup.

Conor McFadden:

For the first half of the 13/14 season, McFadden was playing in defence for Celtic as Manchester City decided the loan move was best for his progression. In the 38 appearances the towering centre-back made for the club, he performed relatively well and so it came as a shock when his loan period was not extended. Instead he was sent on loan to Blackburn Rovers, though didn’t make a single appearance for the club. Bizarrely, despite Blackburn not seeing fit to play the Irishman in a single game last season, they secured the Manchester City player on loan again.

Nathan Burbidge:

Burbidge had a creative season for Stoke City this year, despite only scoring a couple of goals for the club, the winger set-up a further twelve for his teammates. Stoke finished 11th in 13/14 and quickly made it a priority to offer Burbidge a 5-year contract extension worth 38k/week.

Ed Syers:

Despite boasting an impressive scoring record for the England youth teams (17 goals in 18 appearances), Syers was not able to emulate this feat at club level only bagging 9 in 25 appearances for Bolton Wanderers. However, the England U-21s vice-captain has openly stated that he’s very enthusiastic about his future at the club, despite Bolton falling 5 League positions from the year before.

Daniel Oakes:

Oakes was on loan to the Molineux for the entire 13/14 season, performing well for Wolverhampton as he scored 11 goals in 31 appearances for the Premiership club. This good scoring record successfully made Oakes break into the England squad in time for the 2014 World Cup. After making his debut vs Uruguay on the 15.6.2014, Oakes scored his first ever International goal 10 days later vs Denmark. However, England performed dreadfully in the group stages and came fourth in a group that consisted of the two aforementioned Nations and Japan.

Ronan Eboue:

Ronan was an important first team player for Burnley this season, making a total of 39 appearances for the npower Championship club, with 1 goal and 8 assists during this time. Burnley however missed out on the chance of Promotion as they finished just outside of the play-off spots by 3 points.

Premier League - Manchester City
FA Cup – Birmingham
League Cup – Manchester City
Johnstone's Paint Trophy – Leyton Orient
Champions League - Barcelona
Spanish Cup - Barcelona
Spanish Super Cup – Real Madrid
Serie A - Roma
Italian Cup - Palermo
Italian Super Cup – Roma
Bundesliga – Werder Bremen
German Cup – Bielefeld