Eoqhan

Reaction score
MEULENSTEEN ERA
I sat back in my leather armchair. A clutter consisting of old documents, empty bottles of rum and an ashtray full to the brim overlapped on my mahogany desk. I still got up at 8 each morning to go to work, which unfortunately for me no longer existed...
I was relieved of duty as First Team Coach at Manchester United where I had worked from 2001 under the great Sir Alex Ferguson. I was now however, left and deprived of what I enjoyed most, coaching. The only thing I was ever good at.

A horrible continuous ringing woke me from this reminiscent day-dream. I answered the phone immediately in hope of a call from an old friend, no such luck.

Key:
???????
Ren? Meulensteen

??????
: Mr Meulensteen, good afternoon.
RM : I disagree. Who is speaking?
??????
: *Laughing* I thought I might have been greeted with a pessimistic, rude comment. It's why we've taken an interest in you.
RM : Hmm, would you mind telling me who exactly you are?
??????
: My name is Olaf Muller, the newly appointed Director of Football of Newcastle. The Thai Royalti...
RM : Oh I assure you, I'm well aware that Newcastle have been bought by a sugar daddy, another club slowly being butchered.
OM : Mr.Meulensteen, let's cut to the chase. We want you as our manager. To lead the club into a new territory and to offer stability and success while maintaining an image. Yes or no?
RM : I...Yes....I can do that.
OM : Excellent, send us your preferred terms and we'll get it done.

He had completely taken me by storm. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I yearned for the day to come that I would be in the hotseat. The crazy, manic world of football management. I had temporary jobs in which I was no more than a puppet, but now I had reached the promised land. I was going to succeed.

I met with officials of the new Newcastle board. They had promised me full control with the aid of the Director of Football. I signed the contract in a swift motion which expressed my joy and excitement. I shook hands with members of the board and made my way to my office which clearly read "Ren? Meulensteen-Manager"

Make the font smaller, re-structure the future layout if you bother to add to this story.