Reaction score
Rhys Willows Takes control of the Mighty Solihull Moors!
With the lowest finaces in the country, this would be a tough job to take, my first thing to do was to find a parent club, This club turned out to be Wolverhampton Wanderers, i managed to get Carl Ikeme on loan and also George Friend. Other players that i bought include Wesley Barnard, Owen Price and Reis Ashraf were the main PlayersI got on free transfers.

My Pre-season went well i guess

Pre-Season
Solihull Moors 1-3 Lewes
Solihull Moors 1-0 Neath
Chippenham 0-2 Solihull Moors
Solihull Moors 1-0 Cambridge City

an aerage pre-season at best match reports to come soon.

Good Luck mate :D

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

any help needed just ask :)

KK ty

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Transfer Rumours
Ex-Liverpool veteren Centre back Alex Watson could be on his way to Solihull, the 40 year old free agent could be looking for a way to get back into football after being realeased from taunton a couple of years ago. also, Azerbaijan international footballer Mahmud Qurbanov could also sign from Inter Baku

Good luck with the game. Whatever happens, persevere with it, even if things don't go well. Its great to be able to, if necessary, pull a team out of a major slump

Hey Martmeister? I've never checked but do you have a midfielder for Moors called Junior English? Used to be a mate of mine, i played in the same Under 16 team as him.

Hey Martmeister? I've never checked but do you have a midfielder for Moors called Junior English? Used to be a mate of mine, i played in the same Under 16 team as him.
yes, he does play for us, although he is in my reserves.

Anyway our results in august were very good, predicted to finish 21st at the start of the season, my free transfers obviously turned this around, and we started to move into mid-table

August Results

Solihull Moors 2-1 AFC Telford
A flying start to the season as we beat one of the favourites for promotion, Marcus Palmer got us off to a flying star before Terry Fearns equalised for Telford and with ten minutes to go New signing Alex Watson scored the winner from the penalty spot.

Burscough 1-1 Solihull Moors
Another decent result against Burscough kept us rising up the table, After a goaless first half Owen Price gave us the lead, before a blunder from on loan goalkeeper Carl Ikeme allowed Eddie Stanford to equalise for the home side.

Solihull Moors 1-1 Farsley
Another 1-1 draw in a game we dominated and really should have won, even though Farsley took the lead through Andy Campbell in the 9th minute And even though we dominated the first half, we could not find a way through, it took until the 63rd minute when Owen Price fired in a free-kick, a slightly disappointing result however, considering we dominated the whole Match.

King's Lynn 1-1 Solihull Moors
After a goaless first half we scored 2 minutes after the restart through Owen Price yet again. The rest of the half was end to end stuff, and in heart-breaking fashion King's Lynn scored in the 4th minute of stoppage time through Danny Bloomfield.

Solihull Moors 3-0 Hucknall
A big win for the moors and a flying start as well, after just 2 minutes Reis Ashraf scored his first goal for the club, and on the stroke of half time Owen Price currently on sensational form scored again. And with 3 minutes to go second half sub Joe O'Toole

September Results

Gainsborough 1-1 Solihull Moors
Solihull Moors win 6-5 on penalties
Our first Conference league cup match away at Gainsborough trinity finished with us coming away with a penalties win and setting up a tie with Southport Ian Ross scored the first goal for Gainsborough and they started to dominate, however, we had other ideas and Reis Ashraf scored the equaliser to send the match into extra-time and then penalties.

Hyde 1-2 Solihull Moors
A highly eventful game that we could have lost, as Hyde hit the crossbar twice. Things got off to a good start though, as Hyde's Karl Munroe was sent off in the 15th minute and shortly after Owen Price gave us the lead. Hyde soon equalised through Gerry Harrison equalised, but late on in the second half, Marcus Palmer scored the winner.

The Unbeaten run just keeps going on. Lets hope it keeps going!

Solihull Moors 1-1 Workington
For this game we were mad favourites, however, the game did not reflect this at all, as Workington dominated much of the first half before we got into the game. Spencer Weir-Daly gave Workington an early lead, but just before half-time Reis Ashraf scored yet another crucial equaliser. Late on however, Workington had the chance to win it as they were awarded a penalty after Tony Hopper was brought down by Jason Marr and Spencer Weir-Daly stepped up but his penalty was saved by Carl Ikeme. A bad point of the game was that Carl Ikeme got injured during the game as well so he would miss the game against Alfreton.

Alfreton 0-0 Solihull Moors
Even though it finished 0-0 it was a fairly eventful game, and stand-in goalkeeper Wesley Barnard won man of the match, after a superb performance, making a good string of saves.

Bury town 0-1 Solihull Moors
In an FA cup 2nd qual rnd game against amateur side Bury Town we were predicted to win heavily, however, even though we created lots of chances we could not find the crucial breakthrough until the 70th minute when Paul Robson scored a wonderful free-kick from the edge of the area. Bury Town could even have equalised as Mark Salisbury shot was tipped onto the crossbar by Wesley Barnard

Overall a fantastic start to the season as after 8 games in the league this season we are a place outside the playoff places in 6th and playing well. Which is brilliant considering our perdicted finish, and the best thing is we are still unbeaten.

More Reports coming soon.

Stick with it mate, theres nowt betta thean sortin out a **** team !!! lol

Its a great feeling taking on a lower league team, im in the 09/10 season now with Braintree and have taken them into the BSP, will see how i get on :) good luck on your game too

lol, we'ev come to the point everybody has beaten FM (when you see all the challenges threads and BSS-BSN threads) but nobody ahs taken vauxhall motors yet, though solihull ain't exactlky rich and pretty, keep up the good work.

October Results

Stalybridge 0-0 Solihull Moors
A close game which could have gone either way with both teams hitting the woodwork, Nathan Joynes with the drive from the edge of the area for Stalybridge and Owen price with the strike for us.

Solihull Moors 1-2 Southport A.E.T
Our first loss of the season against a strong Southport side currently top of the Conference North, But this extra-time defeat means that we are also out of the conference league cup. Despite the result we dominated much of the first half and we went ahead early on through CM Jake Sedgemore after he scored a 30 yard screamer. Southport nearly scored right at the end of the half but Tony Gray’s shot was well saved by Carl Ikeme. Halfway through the second half Southport took the lead through Tony Gray’s short range header. Not many chances for the rest of the second half but an Extra-time goal also from Tony Gray sealed our fate.

Solihull Moors 2-0 Woodford United
A comfortable win in the FA cup 3rd qual round in which we might and should have won by more considering the amount of chances we had. A highly eventful first half with the best chance being a Reis Ashraf disallowed goal and yet despite our dominance we could not find a first half breakthrough. A similar story in the second half except we managed to actually tuck away a few of our chances. The first goal was from a penalty given away by Woodford’s Chris Duffy allowed Jake Sedgemore to convert it for his second goal in as many games. And late on a bad backpass from Woodford CM Steve Howell allowed Marcus Palmer to score.

Solihull Moors 0-1 Stafford
Another loss, this time in the league, although we never should have lost by any means. Stafford took an early lead through an own goal by Jake Sedgemore, his recent brilliant form coming to an end. We dominated in possession and chances, had a goal from Tim Gould ruled out for offside, and loanee George Friend missed a penalty. Overall a very disappointing defeat.

Solihull Moors 1-1 Southport
Our fourth home game in a row was a chance to gain revenge over Southport after knocking us out of the Conference league cup. Unfortunately this was not the case, we took an early lead through Owen Price, but Southport could of equalised just a minute later after Michael White’s cross/shot hit the crossbar and 10 minutes later Jason Marr gave away a penalty which was scored by Ciarán Kilheeney. The rest of the match was fairly uneventful. But in a way we did get our revenge as we put a huge dent in Southport’s title challenge as King’s Lynn have gone five points clear at the top now.

Blyth Spartans 3-2 Solihull Moors
A good game with plenty of chances for either teams as the score reflects, a win here would have allowed us to continue our push for a playoff spot. But this was not the case as Shaun Reay gave Blyth an early lead after a good cross from their right-winger. As the teams went in at half time it was 1-0. Soon after the restart Chris McCabe put Blyth 2 up and soon after that it was 3 after Shaun Reay got his second. With 20 minutes left Paul Robson scored a spectacular/fluky goal after his cross-shot found the top corner. And in stoppage time Blyth conceded a penalty which George Friend converted for a consolation goal and his first for the club.

Our next game was against Kidderminster in the FA cup, and during the week we made two new signings, Thomas McNeil and Frederick Zuniga, both were said to be very good, and are expected to be first team regulars.

Solihull Moors 2 - 0 Kidderminster Harriers
An absolutely fantastic result against a Harriers team we should have been thrashed by, although the game could have gone to Kidderminster easily though, who dominated in possession and hit the crossbar twice. We had an early chance to take the lead through Thomas McNeil but he put his shot narrowly wide. Kidderminster’s main threat came through Adnan Ahmed who also ironically hit the crossbar twice. He also created several opportunities, and the major turning point in the game was when he was subbed off. With 10 minutes left and with Kidderminster tiring we took the lead through Jake Sedgemore, him scoring again in another big match. And with a minute to go Thomas McNeil scored on his debut to seal the win and book our place in the next round.

Overall a disappointing October considering our earlier form in August and September but we ended on a high with our sensational cup win. Even though my new signings only played one game they look like they are going to do a lot of good at Damson park.

Some screenies of the team, key players and our fantastic result vs Kidderminster. We have been handed a tie away at Port Vale in the FA Cup, so i am expecting a loss there, but hopefully we can pull off another shock victory.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I am gonna change how i pur results down, sa writing match reports is taking a while coz i'm lazy (H)

All games in league unless stated otherwise

November Results

Solihull Moors 1-0 Fleetwood Town(Sedgemore)

Port Vale 1-1 Solihull Moors FA Cup 1st Rnd (Ashraf,Richards)

Vauxhall 1-1 Solihull Moors(McNeil,Jason Marr OG)

Solihull Moors 2-0 Droylsden(Brownfield,Sedgemore)

Solihull Moors 1-3 Port Vale FA Cup 1st Rnd rep (Rodgers,McNeil,Howland,Richards)

Solihull Moors 0-0 King's Lynn FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Rnd

King's Lynn 1-1 Solihull Moors (King's Lynn win 9-8 on penalties) FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Rnd rep (McNeil,Fowler)

Gainsborough 0-0 Solihull Moors

Monthly Review

The month of november was a good month in my opinion, we drew a lot of games which, given the chances in the match we should really have put to bed. (Gainsborough match especially, hit the woodwork 3 times!) But the good thing is my two new signings Scott Devine and Elie Ikangu look quality, espcially Ikangu, who is already our key player according to match analysis.

Can anyone suggest any strikers who would be willing to join my team, cos my strikers are having difficulty finding the net, thanks in advance

December Results

Gateshead 0-1 Solihull Moors(Marr)

Tamworth 0-1 Solihull Moors(McNeil)

Solihull Moors 3-1 Hinckley(McNeil3,Murphy)

Redditch 0-0 Solihull Moors

Monthly Review

A very good December, we only had 4 games, due to being knocked out of all cup competitions, but finally one of my strikers is finding form after scoring 4 in a month and a hat-trick (Thomas McNeil if you havent already guessed) but i'm still looking for a replacement for my other striker Reis Ashraf.) we are now 1 place off the playoffs, and that is my goal for the end of the season, as we only have the league to concentrate on anyway.

Does anyone have any suggestions for any strikers that i could buy? help would be greatly appreciated thanks :)

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:47 PM ----------

January Results

AFC Telford 1-2 Solihull Moors(Carey-Bertram,McNeil,Ashraf)

Solihull Moors 1-0 Harrogate(Zuniga)

Solihull Moors 1-1 Burscough(Marrow,McNeil)

Farsley 0-1 Solihull Moors(Qurbanov)

King's Lynn 0-0 Solihull Moors

Hucknall 3-2 Solihull Moors(Robertson,McKnight,Onibuje,Ikangu,Wilson OG)

Solihull Moors 3-1 Hyde(Qurbanov,Ashraf2,Campion)

Monthly Review

A good month that propelled us up into 3rd, the January transfer window saw us bring in 3 new players, 1st was Zlatko Yankov, heard good things about him and thought it would be worth the risk, performing well at the moment, Mahmud Qurbanov, the Azerbaijan captain, who i had been trailing for several months finally signed and is playing very well, and finally Zigor Aranalde, the former Sevilla LB/ML signed on a free. My new formation, which is a 3-5-2 is working a treat, as i can now include all my key players in a very strong midfiled.

February Results

Workington 0-1 Solihull Moors(Z.Aranalde(PEN))

Solihull Moors 2-1 Alfreton(R.Ashraf,A.Combe(OG),M.Wilson)

Stafford 0-4 Solhull Moors(Z.Aranalde(PEN),J.Marr,Z.Aranalde,R.Ashraf)

Solihull Moors 3-2 Stalybridge(Z.Aranalde,R.Ashraf(2),M.Barlow,B.Keeling)

Monthly Review

Another good month with some fantastic results which propelled us to top of the table and three points clear. I was overjoyed with the win against Stafford Rangers, and it seems my team are finally starting to gel, summed up by Zigor Aranalde's prolific month, as he had struggled to find his feet in Solihull, after joining us on a free from Carlisle. Another signing this time one for the future, Joonas Ljas the Estonian U19-International MR. Although we had a brilliant string of results, I still have managed to somehow evade the Manager Of The Month award, coming 2nd for the 2nd time. But on a bad note, DM Elie Ikangu was injured against Alfreton but is expected to be able to play soon, as the injury was from a while ago, and the injury was between 2-3 weeks.

Last edited:
Rest Of Season Results

Southport 1-3 Solihull Moors(K.Appiah,F.Zuniga,T.McNeil,R.Ashraf)

Solihull Moors 2-1 Tamworth(T.Shaw,Z.Aranalde,T.McNeil)

Solihull Moors 1-1 Blyth(R.Ashraf,N.Ogden)

Fleetwood 1-1 Solihull Moors(R.Ashraf,U.Umatang)

Solihull Moors 2-0 Vauxhall(T.McNeil(2))

Droylsden 1-2 Solihull Moors(R.Ashraf,K.Townson,T.McNeil)

Solihull Moors 4-1 Gainsborough(T.McNeil,F.Zuniga,Z.Aranalde(2 Pens),C.Marrison(Pen))

Harrogate 0-1 Solihull Moors(Z.Yankov)

Solihull Moors 1-2 Gateshead(S.Turnbull,Z.Aranalde,J.Godsmark)

Hinckley 0-1 Solihull Moors(O.Price)

Solihull Moors 1-0 Redditch(R.Ashraf)

Seasonal Review
Overall this season was fantastic, despite being favourites to be relegated, we were crowned champions after the win against Hinckley sealed it, and fittingly, it was captain Owen Price who scored it. Overall in the season, we have had some fantastic results, The games against Kidderminster and 1st game against Port Vale spring to mind. I have also seen some fantastic goals, such as Jake Sedgemore's 30 yard screamer against Southport, and Mahmud Qurbanov's goal on his debut after he ltook it round 3 players and hit it in the top corner from 25 yards. In my opinion our top performer was Zigor Aranalde, Full-back turned ML for us and was prolific in the season scoring a lot of goals and setting up a lot as well. He didn't win Player of The Season, That Award went to Thomas McNeil. After a brilliant season i'm hoping we will carry on with this amazing form into next season.

picture.php

picture.php

your ability to prevent defeat is what did it for you. 14 draws and 4 defeats along with 24 wins is a great tally and i hope you do just as well next season...

Haven't updated this in a while so i will do 2 quick season summarys:

2009/2010:
A brilliant season in which we were promoted, we were predicted to finish 14th and made a good start with lots of victorys under our belts. Our best player was Stephen Gleeson on loan from Wolves, despite playing him in CM he still ended up as our top scorer. We added more strength up front with Matt Tubbs from Salisbury, and Ewan Clarke on a free transfer. In the end we managed to have another poor cup run, but our form in the league was sublime. Great results came along including a 6-0 romp of Wrexham at Damson Park. And finally we won the play-off final against York, it finished 2-2 at Wembley with us triumphing on penalties.

My Player of The Season:Stephen Gleeson

Fans Player of The Season:Jean-Paul Kalala

2010/2011:
Another season which left me ecstatic with my team. The two Key signings of this season were Martin Vunk for free and Andi Berisha from Vardar for 150k. These sales were funded by the sales of Matt Tubbs, Ewan Clarke (Who were both in high demand following a superb season in the BSP) and Estonian U21 International Silver Latt. I soon moulded martin Vunk into a striker and the results were stunning, he won top scorer in League 2 with 24 goals. Andi Berisha, his strike partner got 16 as well as Stephen Gleeson, (who i signed on a permanent basis for free as his contract at Wolves was terminated) who got 12. Our other CM Jaan Kekishev who was also Estonian won most assists with 15 assists in total in League 2. We were predicted for relegation and to get promoted was really something.

Can anyone suggest any strikers who would be willing to join my team, cos my strikers are having difficulty finding the net, thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Try and get luke somebody from everton he is a good player 5 in 3 games for my vauxhall motors team