I think i have unearthed a hidden Gem in Andi Berisha, four league games played, two hat-tricks and another goal, brilliant for us and we are currently third, yes thats right, third in League 1.

2011/2012:
We are Champions! We are Champions! Champions of League 1, The Moors are going up!!! After an amazing season we just edged the title from Southend by 1 point. Andi Berisha won top goalscorer and is top target for Fulham and a host of other big clubs, fingers crossed we keep hold of him. A consortium is also interested in buying us and improving our Training and Youth Facilities to go along with our new £7.5m stadium which started construction at the start of the season and is due to be completed at the end of next season, and also hopefully pay off the remaining debts left by the loan to buy the stadium. Screenies below.

2012/2013
Ahhh, the Championship, a new horizon in the town of Solihull, a new dawn for it's football team, thats how i looked at it... from the start we climbed to 4th with 6 games played, with new signings Zoltan Gera and David Healy producing masterclasses, with Healy scoring 7 in those 6 games. They were both getting on in years, both 33-34 but still played pivotal roles in the team.It was about early November when out form started to slip, a 4-0 drubbing at the hands of Fulham knocked the team and we never really got going from then on, a huge winless run which was ended at St Mary's, beating Southampton 3-2 thanks to a goal from Andi Berisha. This win seemed to lift the team and we went 11 games unbeaten, but with only 2 of those games being wins we had already slid down the table to 18th. With a fairly mixed end to the season we ended up finishing 19th. Well at least we didn't get relegated :p, and with the new stadium built, named the 'Solihull Moors Stadium' (hmmm how very imaginative), we could hopefully push on, as we will have increased revenue as Damson park only held a measly 3000 odd people.

Rest Of Season Results

Southport 1-3 Solihull Moors(K.Appiah,F.Zuniga,T.McNeil,R.Ashraf)

Solihull Moors 2-1 Tamworth(T.Shaw,Z.Aranalde,T.McNeil)

Solihull Moors 1-1 Blyth(R.Ashraf,N.Ogden)

Fleetwood 1-1 Solihull Moors(R.Ashraf,U.Umatang)

Solihull Moors 2-0 Vauxhall(T.McNeil(2))

Droylsden 1-2 Solihull Moors(R.Ashraf,K.Townson,T.McNeil)

Solihull Moors 4-1 Gainsborough(T.McNeil,F.Zuniga,Z.Aranalde(2 Pens),C.Marrison(Pen))

Harrogate 0-1 Solihull Moors(Z.Yankov)

Solihull Moors 1-2 Gateshead(S.Turnbull,Z.Aranalde,J.Godsmark)

Hinckley 0-1 Solihull Moors(O.Price)

Solihull Moors 1-0 Redditch(R.Ashraf)

Seasonal Review
Overall this season was fantastic, despite being favourites to be relegated, we were crowned champions after the win against Hinckley sealed it, and fittingly, it was captain Owen Price who scored it. Overall in the season, we have had some fantastic results, The games against Kidderminster and 1st game against Port Vale spring to mind. I have also seen some fantastic goals, such as Jake Sedgemore's 30 yard screamer against Southport, and Mahmud Qurbanov's goal on his debut after he ltook it round 3 players and hit it in the top corner from 25 yards. In my opinion our top performer was Zigor Aranalde, Full-back turned ML for us and was prolific in the season scoring a lot of goals and setting up a lot as well. He didn't win Player of The Season, That Award went to Thomas McNeil. After a brilliant season i'm hoping we will carry on with this amazing form into next season.

picture.php

picture.php

which skin is this?

which skin is this?
I believe it is the Skymning skin.

Anyway, down to business;

2013/2014:
I had high hopes for this season, a good team, a good pre-season it all looked so promising. Then along came Fulham... the team that pretty much single handedly ruined my season last season did it again... this time off the field as they declared interest in three of our key players (Andi Berisha, Cristian Moreno and David Connolly) they all then wanted to leave the club and this affected their performances, after just 3 games in, 2 draws and 1 loss signaled it was the end of the line for me and Solihull Moors, after 4 promotions, 2 League titles under our belts and 2 play-off final trophies i decided i had done all i could with the club, and I Resigned:'(.

I stayed unemployed for the rest of the season, and when a post at Kilmarnock became available, I jumped at the chance and applied for the job... Btw, The Moors got Carlos Queiroz as their new manager and ended up finishing 5th and lost to Stoke in playoff Semi's

2014/2015:
I got the job <) but Killie are in a state, with a transfer fund of just 2k and a wage budget of 10.5k. They are also in the Scottish First Divison. And my overall goal for them is to get them back into The Scots Premier League In 2 seasons and into Europe in 4. Wish me luck ^^)

Last edited:
2013/2014:

Well I was expecting 2nd at best this season, and to win the league comfortably was really something, when I joined we were in debt, given a small transfer budget and wage budget I didn't really expect to get anywhere, I sold Billy Clarke for 140k and brought in Young Haitian striker Micah Iglesias and Faroese International Martin White. I had bought White while at Solihull Moors and he had developed into quite a good player. At first I played White at AMR and Dimitriu Copil in AMC, but after a while decided to switch that and the results that followed were fantastic. We won the challenge cup thanks to goals from Iglesias and White, my only two signings before January, usually in the summer i went overboard with transfers, but i suppose that because we were going into higher divisions. And with only one signing in january, Maurizio Molinari, an 18 yr old SanMarinese CB with good stats and good potential, and although he only played eight games due to our 1st choice Centre-backs avoiding injury for most of the season. But when Waterfall was suspended for the game with Hamilton, Molinari played instead and played very well in defence and then scored the only goal of the Match to crown his Killie debut with a goal and a MOM award. I then decided I would play him at CB instead of Waterfall, with very good results. Hoping for another good season in the Scots Premier League!

2013/2014:

Well if anyone is following this thread then sorry for the late update, I have been off on Holiday (H). But anyway down to business, I had done it, I had got Killie back to the Clydesdale Bank Premier League. And my individual goal was to beat an Old Firm team. It took until the last couple of weeks when i beat Rangers on Penalties in the Scottish cup Semi-Final. Which meant we were in the Scottish cup final!!! but guess who against? anyone? no, oh well then i'll tell you. It was of course Celtic. But we had a pretty good record against them in the league. 3 draws and a loss was better than I expected. And better still they had injury problems, including striker Johan Elmander (who ALWAYS scores against me, every ****** game we played against them)and Captain Darren O'Dea. And to my delight we took and early lead, from the player who I had signed as a youth player at Solihull Moors, Martin White! the attacking midfielder ghosted in at the far post to head in. And just 11 minutes later he extended our lead, taking in roound the centre-back and shooting into the bottom corner. 2 SHOTS 2 GOALS! And that was the best it got for us, and Celtic dominated for a lot of the game, we did have a few chances on the break, but the scoreline early on stayed the same for the rest of the game and we were crowned Scottish cup champions! which meant... Qualification for Europe!!! we were guarenteed it anyway as we finsihed 5th, but still. The result against Celtic left me ecstatic and running around the room. Bring on Europe!

Well played mate, you've done really well here. You aiming for the league title this season? Or is a Champions league place a more realistic aim?

To break the old firm teams domination in the league is my main goal, we can only get better and maybe then we can win the title in 2-3 seasons time. But if we could get champs league qualification It would leave me very happy. My youth players who I bought for the future are developing nicely so, fingers crossed on champs league next season.

Willows resigns to take the Ivory Coast Job

Well things were actually going quite smoothly in the league, we were 3rd, had drawn with both Zenit and Watford(Watford are now amazing btw) in the UEFA cup but I was offered the task of Ivory Coast manager and couldn't refuse. And a new chapter starts in the lifetime of Rhys Willows.

(I am now going to do match by match reports instead of seasonal reports)

Our first game was a friendly match against Iraq. It was a home game and I didn't want to disappoint the Ivory Coast faithful in Abidjan.

Ivory Coast 5-0 Iraq,(Kalou pen 3,pen 85, Boli 37, Gervinho 39, Yaya Toure 44)
A comfortable win to mark an impressive start to my Ivory Coast career. Muhammed Ali gave away an early penalty which was tucked away by Kalou. We dominated for the rest of the half, but couldn't put our chances away, until Yannick Boli weaved through the defence to place it into the bottom corner. Then, a piledriver from Gervinho from 35 yards which made me leap out of my seat, one of my all time favourite goals. And then, Yaya Toure shot into the top corner from 20 yards to give us a 4-0 half-time lead. I had to sub off the Toure brothers due to 45 minute instructions from their managers, and this seemed to affect play, Iraq stepped up their game and started getting a lot of possession, but fortunatly couldn't create any real chances. And with 5 minutes to go Kalou tucked away another penalty to give me an emphatic victory in my first game in charge.

Gabon 0-1 Ivory Coast,(Eboue 85)
Another win, this time away at Gabon, We should really have won more comfortably but, a win is a win. It took a long range strike from Emmanuel Eboue with 5 minutes to go, and interestingly it was his first goal for the Ivory Coast. Next up for us is Libya at home and then the Confederations cup.

Well, it was just six days before a true Ivory Coast legend retires. Didier Drogba is not the most popular striker, and I myself am not his biggest fan. But I thought I might as well play him to give him a send-off, think of it as the Drogba testimonial against fairly easy opponents Libya.

Ivory Coast 3-0 Libya,(Drogba 27, Kone 31, Romaric 60)
Well either playing Drogba was a stroke of luck, or a brilliant tactical decision I will never know but the main thing is he got us off to a good start. We started slow and only created half chances, but then Lahkdar Ramadan was shown a straight red card for a tackle from behind on Salomon Kalou. And then seven minutes later Eboue received the ball on the right and put a cross into the far post, and Drogba was there to head into the bottom corner. He then set-up the next goal, he played a through ball for fill-in RM Moussa Kone who powered the ball home into the far corner. In the second half we created several good chances and should have put more away, Yannick Boli had a very good chance but couldn't convert and the same for his strike partner Drogba, Who hit the crossbar. Then from a corner, Romaric scored from mis-control, it looked to have hit his shin and rolled passed the bewildered keeper. And, just as the half was about to end a superb long-shot from the Libyan CM was met by an equally superb save from young, part Croatian GK Bakary Lozic.

Another three points in the bag we had a very good chance of world cup qualification. Next up is the Confederations cup, first game against Japan.

Ivory Coast 1-0 Japan,(Kone 26)
Another comfortable victory against a strong Japanese side. They had a glorious chance to take the lead just four minutes in as Daiki Takeo was put through one on one with Bakary Lozic, but Lozic made a great save to deny him. On 22 minutes Yusuke Harada committed a terrible foul on Yaya Toure which merrited the red card he was given. Toure is now out for the rest of the tournament with a twisted knee, but things look promising for his replacement Eric Kone, who scored a beautiful goal from about 30 yards to give us the lead and this goal turned out to be the winner as well.

Next up for us is the hosts Spain, and for those of you have been following this thread I would like to hear your opinions on our results so far.

Spain 2-2 Ivory Coast,(David 27, Sergio Ramos 43),(Mariano 37,68)
A game in which we were maybe a little lucky to draw but honestly our performance was quite poor. Torres and Bojan were giving our defence a torrid time and we ended up giving away a corner, which was superbly delivered by David Silva and headed in by Real Madrid Centre-half and captain David. But, when you possess quality players it takes just one moment in a game to change it forever, and a superb ball over the top from Christian Romaric was chased down by Mariano who broke the offside trap to lob the keeper. A superb long-range strike from Sergio Ramos gave Spain a half-time lead. On 68 minutes we won a free-kick on the left, taken by Romaric who crossed to find Mariano who scored again! The two linked up twice to score both our goals and I was ecstatic with their form.

Next up is top of the group Argentina in another tough game, but fingers crossed we can come away with another good result.

Argentina 2-2 Ivory Coast,(Piatti 17, Higuain 28),Mariano 64,Djakpa 78)
Another good draw against the team ranked 2nd in the world. A truly superb and stunning goal from Barcelona CM Pablo Piatti, a free-kick from 40 yards which sailed into the top corner. And then a diving header from Gonzalo Higuain gave Argentina a two goal cushion. From then on I went all out attack, and it seemed to work as we started dominating in all aspects of the game. And it was the hero from the Spain game, Mariano who headed in from a Salomon Kalou corner. And 12 minutes from time, Constant Djakpa hit a free-kick into the bottom corner from 20 yards. Full credit to MOM keeper Juan Pablo Carrizo who pulled off some quality saves to deny us the full three points.

We have drawn Ukraine in the semi-finals. Btw, Ukraine won the european championship in 2012 as well as coming runners up in 2016 because they lost to Spain in the Final, but Spain were hosting this tournament so Ukraine qualified anyway.

Ivory Coast 4-3 Ukraine,(Kravchenko 17,37, Seleznyov 39),(Kone 44,86, Djakpa Pen 61, Romaric 78)
Well i don't really know what to say about this result, I suppose i'm overjoyed with it but also very surprised at the manner of the result. We nearly went behind within a minute as from a corner Dymytro Chygrynski hit the post. Ukraine's first goal came from a defensive error from RB Emmanuel Eboue who passed straight to Seleznyov who played a through ball for Kravchenko who made no mistake with the finish. Zie Diabate our CB gave away a free-kick on the edge of the box, and the scorer of the first goal curled a free-kick into the bottom corner. Mariano went down in the build-up to their third and that was my main concern... for about 2 seconds... Eugene Seleznyov just ran through our defence and shot into the top corner. Things were looking very dismal but a well taken finish from the edge of the box from Eric Kone gave us a glimmer of hope and the momentum going in to the second half. We were awarded a penalty after Yannick Boli was brought down. And Constant Djakpa stepped up and sent the keeper the wrong way. I was now praying we could get another goal and it came after Max Gradel made a superb run into the box and switched it across to LM Romaric, he slotted it in the bottom corner to equalise! 3-0 down and now it's 3-3! all we needed was one more and we were now dominating. And the final breakthrough came after Kolo Toure of all people played a superb through ball for Gervinho who pulled it back for Eric Kone who hit a thunderbolt into the top corner. 4-3!!!!!!!! we had done it!! 3-0!! now we're 4-3 up!! unbelievable! The undoubted hero was Eric Kone! two fantastic goals, one to give us hope, and the other was the winner.

Next up is Argentina again, but this time it will decide who lifts the Confederations cup.

On the injury front Mariano is not actually injured, and thus will be fit for the final but Yaya Toure will still miss it.

This has been a very interesting story. U've done brilliantly to take Ivory coast to the confederations cup final and i am eager to hear the result.

Keep up the good work:)

Good Work with the Ivory Coast, some of those results are amazing :)

Well we've come so far, I didn't think we would even get through the group stages considering the other teams in the group. And our journey had taken us all the way to the final, and we were hoping for a performance of a lifetime against a very strong Argentina side.

Ivory Coast 1-2 Argentina,(Aguero 17,65),(Mariano 49)
Unfortunatly this was not the case, as we only produced 5 shots in the whole game, creating one clear cut chance which was our only shot on target and goal. Argentina took an early lead after a sharp turn and left-footed strike into the bottom corner. We did limit them to long-shots and Bakary Lozic made some fine saves to keep them from taking a comfortable lead. Straight into the second half we looked a different team, Eric one had a long shot blocked which rebounded out to Eboue who played a ball across the face which was tapped in by Mariano. we were back in the game, but that was about as good as it got for us, as Argentina kept pressing. But a corner was delivered to the far post and Aguero came in and volleyed the ball into the top corner. Wolves new-boy Jonas Gutierrez (formerly of Newcastle of course) Drove a shot to the top corner which was superbly tipped onto the bar by Bakary Lozic, who looked like he will be key for us in the coming years.

Slightly dissapointed that we fell at the final hurdle but, considering I didn't think we would get out of the group stage this is a remarkable achievement. Next up is Morrocco in World Cup qualifying.

im very impressed but the one thing that confused me is why you didnt manage both club and country :/