The Missioners: A Hayes & Yeading Story

October Update

View attachment 54555
Hayes & Yeading 2-0 Chester
A very good start to the month and it could not have got much better. The team attacked and defended well and some of the passing was excellent. The best was a ball from Toby Little. The ball cut open the defence for Basham to score a well placed goal. Another win in a game predicted to be close.

View attachment 54556
Stevenage 2-1 Hayes & Yeading
Pre-match we were predicted to have no chance in the game and it would be a one-team show. But we came out with good spirit in the game and played well. We got fortunate with own goal that they scored which put the score at 1-1. It seemed as if we would be getting a fantastic point. The game had died down a bit and little chances were being made. Until a through ball was put through and stupidly Cadmore put it passed the keeper. Still not a bad result but a little disappointed not to get something from it.

View attachment 54554
Hayes & Yeading 2-0 Cambridge
Very pleased with the result against another team expected to beat us (seems like everyone)! The 2 goals were both tap-ins from blocked shots and I would have been very disappointed if we missed them. We limited Cambridge to shots from outside the area and they never looked like scoring.

View attachment 54552
AFC Wimbledon 2-2 Hayes & Yeading
FA Cup 4th Rnd Qual.

A very exciting game in which both clubs had the same amount of chances and both near enough the same amount of possession. AFC were winning twice in the game, the second goal being a beautiful strike from Elder who got both, but we never let our heads drop and got the draw. Freeman scoring a wonderfully places shot and Fitzgerald with a volley inside the box.

View attachment 54553
Hayes & Yeading 3-1 AFC Wimbledon
FA Cup 4th Rnd Qual. Replay

Goals from Freeman, Fitzgerald and Fraser-Allen have put us through to the 1st round of the FA cup. We deserved to win but Wimbledon did scared us early on when Elder had some good chances. But as soon as Freeman got his goal we looked comfortable and Wimbledon never looked like coming back.

View attachment 54557
Tamworth 0-1 Hayes & Yeading
Toby Little gives us the win in one of the few games we were expected to win. We were the better team and controlled the game for the majority. Tamworth only had 1 shot on target (which wasn’t very good) and I thank the defence for this. We closed them down throughout the game and 1-0 does flatter Tamworth as we could/should have scored a few.

League Table
View attachment 54559

Player Of The Month
This month it goes to striker Luke Freeman who was on good form and scored 2 goals. As well as this he got 3 assists and was influential in some of the wins we got.
View attachment 54558

Goal Of The Month
No goals really stood out for me this month. A few good ones but nothing special. For that reason I have decided not to put one up but hopefully there will be one next month :)

Month Review
Well i think this month has been a very good for The Missioners. We only lost won to top of the table Stevenage and we were unfortunate not to get a point. We are back to winning ways and are now into the FA cup which im proud of. I hope to keep this form up and hopefully break into a play-off place by 2010.
On another good note; I have been awarded the Manager of the Month award :D Good times.
View attachment 54560

Nice Month! keep up the good work :)

Cheers. Will have a few players back from injury so will be a bonus. Also Freeman has extended the loan by another 3 months :)

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Well I thought Freeman was going to extend. It fell through because he had reached the limit of three months in total he can go on short term loans.. :(

Keep going! Love to see the 2nd greatest team in the world get promoted.

November Update

View attachment 54681
Hayes & Yeading 1-0 Grays
FA Cup 1st Rnd
A good solid performance by the team. We deserved to win and the team did well to react to no Freeman in the team. Steve Basham did well to step into his shoes and produced a good performance. Pleased to be through to the next round (as it's our minimum expectation in the FA) and hope to keep going for as long as possible.
I have been drawn at home against Crewe who are 10th in league 2 for the 2nd round.

View attachment 54678
Wrexham 2-0 Hayes & Yeading
We never got going in the game. They scored both goals mid-way through the first half and we just never looked like recovering. Another negative was the injury to Dale Binns; who had just returned from an injury. Mark Jones’ second goal for Wrexham was a wonderful half volley from outside the box.

View attachment 54679
Hayes & Yeading 1-0 Crawley
A very good performance by us. I would not say that we deserved to win but we did not deserve to lose. A draw would have been a fair result but the Crawley defence fell asleep and we got a penalty from it. We now have won our last 6 home games and I hope this run continues as it will be very important at the end of the season.

View attachment 54683
Kettering 0-1 Hayes & Yeading
An excellent performance. We made Kettering work for the ball and kept their strikers at bay. Yet another penalty given to us, which Kettering denied, that was put away by Fitzgerald. The win moves us up to 7th in the league now.

View attachment 54680
Hayes & Yeading 1-2 Crewe
FA Cup Rnd 2
Well we didn’t get the win but I think the team showed what they are capable of against the bigger teams. After Crewe went 1 up Standing produced a spectacular goal to draw us level. That’s the way it stayed until a shambles at the back. Crewe hit it forward and Andrea Zola just stood there watching the ball until the Crewe foward, Miller, took it and scored a 1 on 1. Disappointing as I think we would have held on to the draw but Crewe did deserve the win at the end of the day.

League Table
View attachment 54682
As you can see we are 1 place away from the play-offs. I have ruled myself out of automatic promotion due to there only being 1 place (1st obviously). However, if I win my game in hand then i got to 5th (last play-off spot) and 1 point behind Yokr with a game in hand. Looking good at the moment.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 54684
Michael Standing has done very well this month. The centre Midfielder scored 2 goals this month, one being a cracker against Crewe. He also finishes with 1 assist. Standing won the MOTM award against Crewe and has been key in all games played in November.

Goal Of The Month
Just when it looked like it was going to be another month without a great goal to show you Michael Standing scores in the final game of the month. The lad just gets his 2nd GOTM and i'm getting very impressed by him.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtsZoevk-xQ"]YouTube- fm 2010-04-11 Standing Long Range[/ame]

Month Review
Another very good month for Hayes & Yeading United. We are looking very good at home in the league and are over achieving in the league according to most people. The board are happy with the results and signings as am I. Especially Standing who was bough in for a fee of £0 ;) The board were also very happy that I turned down this...
View attachment 54685

There may not be an update tomorrow because of moi going to Wembly but If I get some more done tonight I may post in the morning :)

You are doing a brilliant job. Is Basham good on 10.3 may I ask?

You may ;) He is alright I guess. Has stepped into the place of Freeman and hasn't done too badly but would of liked more than 1 goal from last 5 considering he is playing in the most attacking role for the team. May try a different one to see if he improves.
View attachment 54688

O and thanks mate :D

I think he should be better in the game, seeing as he is pretty much a professional player, on loan to a poor club. Anyway, continue the good work matey :D

If i'm honest I hadn't really heard of the man. But i'll take your word.

I like the look of this and will try to follow. Good to see someone using a few videos and things too

Wasn't able to do update due to Wembly yesterday (which was quality!) but here we go...

December Update

View attachment 55219
Hayes & Yeading 2-0 Eastbourne Boro
Well what can I say? We seem to be on a bit of a home run at the moment and I love it. We now have been unbeaten in 7 home games in the league. I decided switch Fitzgerald (Deep lying Forward-Support) into Basham’s position (Advanced Forward-Attack) and boy did it pay off. Within the 1st minute Fitzgerald scored which bought a smile to my face. Stolcers then scored a well placed goal to make it 2-0 after a brief bit of pressure from Eastbourne. We only had 2 shots on target and we scored both which is a good sign.

View attachment 55218
Barrow 0-1 Hayes & Yeading
Pre-game and Barrow are the favourites. I know that it was going to be tough especially seeing that their top scorer, Jason Walker, has scored 17 goals compared to Scott Fitzgerald’s lil total of 5. Things started on a positive not when Fitzgerald teed up Standing who curled in a beautiful goal from outside the area. Beautiful. And that is the way it stayed for all of the game. Barrow had more chances but our defence limited them from outside the box and closed them down well. We stop Walker too which is something to be proud of.

View attachment 55225
Oxford 1-0 Hayes & Yeading
Well we never looked like being in this one from the start. Oxford dominated the game, from start to finish, and were unlucky to only score 1. Not a great performance by the team but I was not expecting the win and it was quite a good result as Oxford were expected to win by more than the 1. James Shea finally conceded after 207 minutes in this game.

View attachment 55224
Maidenhead 1-1 Hayes & Yeading
FA Trophy 1st Rnd
I decided to start some of the players who had not been playing many games for the club recently. This maybe was not the best of choices as Maidenhead were all over us for the majority of the game and had more possession. They took more shots than us, lots off target, which worried me for a while. I decided to make a few changes which paid off as we got went a goal up. However Maidenhead soon got a goal back and they will be disappointed not too of beaten us. I’m sure we will beat them in the return leg but it is frustrating as this requires more energy from the players.

View attachment 55223
Hayes & Yeading 4-1 Maidenhead
FA Trophy 1st Rnd Rep.
As we struggled in the last game I decided to bring back the familiar faces into the starting line up. However with the one exception of Cochrane who got injured in training. James Mulley stepped into his place and did a very good job finishing with one goal. Fitzgerald started the scoring with a well placed finished then Standing scored, yet another, fantastic long range shot. Mulley then scored his which was another exquisite finish. Maidenhead got one back but Stolcers the scoring with a header to give a comfortable win.

View attachment 55222
Hayes & Yeading 1-1 Kidderminster
Not too pleased with this result. We did get a point and that isn’t bad it was the performance from the players. We were not passing the ball well and our movement was not at all good. We do have an excuse though with this game being 3 days after the Maidenhead one so the boys were tired throughout the game.

View attachment 55221
Hayes & Yeading 2-2 Forest Green
The same story as the Kidderminster. We were tired despite changing the team around. I left quite a few of the best players in to make sure we would get something from the game and we did. On the other hand I should of put some strikers who could finish on as we had so many chances and just could get score! Frustrating.

View attachment 55217
AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Hayes & Yeading
Wow. I knew we were expected to lose this but I didnt expect that. Pre-match i decided to rest some players due to the fitness levels while putting some strikers on the bench. We were punished by an early goal which looked likely. It stayed like this until the 70th minute when I put on another attacker to try and salvage a point due to us not looking likely to score. With less defending options Wimbledon countered and got another goal which looked probable considering the shots they had. But then in the final minutes they scored another which was harsh on the team as we hadn't played too bad but these things happen in football...

View attachment 55220
Hayes & Yeading 0-2 Ebbsfleet
A repeat of the Wimbledon game. This time we were the better team however and should of beaten Ebbsfleet comfortably. I decided to rest my 2 strikers at the beginning due to the fitness of the two. A bad decision as Ebbsfleet scored just before half time on a counter. We came out more attacking than the 1st and should have equalised. I could see that we didn’t have the fire-power upfront and brung on Fitzgerald. But it was too little too late and another counter saw Ebssfleet score yet another.

League Table
View attachment 55210
Not too great as we have dropped a few a few places from looking very promising to get higher in the play-off positions. Now it is looking likely that we will struggle to get 5th next month.

Player Of the Month
View attachment 55216
Yet again it is Michael who gets the POTM award. I am very impressed by him and am very glad the staff recommended him in a meeting I held. He is ending up to be a very important person this season and will be crucial to us finishing high in the table. He can't stop scoring from distance and all his goals seem to be something special.

Goal Of The Month
Well I have 3 goals to show you now! Which one is the best?I will let you be the judge of that. 2 are from Standing (yet again!) and one from Mulley who scored on his debut for me.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKqu_VJLVLY"]YouTube- fm 2010-04-12 Standing 3.wmv[/ame] [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYNV4cpkkKs"]YouTube- fm 2010-04-12 Mulley.wmv[/ame] [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3U4hrbPeB0"]YouTube- fm 2010-04-12 Standing 4.wmv[/ame]
The first 2 are not great for seeing the ball but I hope it's good enough :)

Month Review
Well not a great month for the club. I think that the amount of fixtures played this month has been a major impact on the players and I blame the replay in the FA Trophy as this added another fixture and also moved some fixtures to within 2 days of eachother. I will need to strengthen up in January with some loan signings and hope for the best.

I won't be updating again today and maybe not tomorrow because I have a mate other. Cheers​

January Update

Transfers

attachment.php

gun__1231248794_coner_henderson.jpg
Hayes & Yeading tie up Arsenal Youngster
Hayes and Yeading have signed Arsenal youngster Conor Henderson on a short term loan deal lasting until the end of April. Henderson, 18, is the 2nd players to of signed for United after another youngester, Cedric Evina, also signed for a whole year loan. Henderson will be joining Jamie Smith, 20, who was snapped up from Brighton on a loan deal, in the middle of the park. The Missioners now have plenty of options for the position of centre midfielder with the likes of Michael Standing already there. Tom Barber had this to say.
Tom Barber said:
I'm delighted to of signed Conor who is a very promising youngster and the lad has a great future ahead of him. We know he has great technique and an excellent work rate so I hope he performs well for the club and can push us up the league. The fans will enjoy watching him as well as all the other new signings I have bought to help the club push for promotion.
Hayes and Yeading have signed a total of 8 players this transfer window spending £10K

23ib0y9.jpg

Efe Echanomi has signed a short term contract at Hayes & Yeading following a spell at Grays and Tiptree. Before that he played for Leyton Orient and scored 8 goals in 51 appearences. It is thought he will be used in a rotation system with the other strikers playing for the team. The Nigerian striker, 23, was quoted saying:
Efe Echanomi said:
I am very excited to be playing for this team. It has a promising future and we can even get promoted this year! I hope I can score some goals for the club this year and earn a longer contract.

ojl8iu.jpg
Rest of signings.

Hayes & Yeading 2-0 AFC Wimbledon
View attachment 55577
2 goals from Fitzgerald gave us a great 3 point here. Less than a week ago we lost 3-0 so this was great revenge and a big morale boost. We were the better team and fully deserved the win.

AFC Wimbledon 0-1 Hayes & Yeading
FA Trophy 2nd Rnd
View attachment 55572
Another week, another Wimbledon. Yet again we were by far the supirior team and we advance the the next round. Evina scored on his debut with a well placed shot just after the break and also picked up the MOTM award on a very solid debut. Just hope he can keep this up.

York 3-0 Hayes & Yeading
View attachment 55579
Clinical finishing was the difference in the game. York were the better team and dominated for the majority of the game. They did well to restrict us to one shot on target and I was a little dissapointed with the team. Just hope we can get it back together Altrincham.

Altrincham 1-1 Hayes & Yeading
View attachment 55574
Both teams cancelled eachother out today. It was a game of great defending and goal keeping from the teams and I was happy to come away with the draw. Altrincham's goal was a long range strike while Evina's was a close-range header from a cross. Another goal from him it 2 in 3 now and he is looking like an excellent signing.

Hayes & Yeading 1-2 Rushden
View attachment 55578
There were little positives to come from the game against Rushden. In a game where Rushden dominated from the start we have little chances, 2 that we should of scored. Nathan Scott, a new 10k signing, scored his first goal with a placed shot within the box. Evina had yet another good game and was the other player to have a good chance and he should of done better.

Forest Green 0-0 Hayes & Yeading
FA Trophy 3rd Round

View attachment 55576
Forest Green will be unhappy that they did not get the win here today. They had the better chances and should of scored at least 2. Shea had a very good game in front of the net though and pulled of some spectacular saves to keep us in the game and win the replay at home. He got his 2nd MOTM award and had a solid performance.

League Table
View attachment 55575
We are now in 12th place but we could still pull off a surprise promotion. With only 10 points seperating us from 5th place Wimbledon and 18th place Wrexham there is still alot to play for. Also with 20 points seperating us and the relegation zone I am 99% sure we will avoid the drop now.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 55573
This month it has to go to new signing Cedric Evina. He has been a player a top quality player and is looking to be one of the best wingers in the league at the moment. I'm please he done so well and I'm confident he will carry on this form.

Goal Of The Month
No goals to shout about this month. However with 3 in lasts month I hope you can forgive me.

Month Review
Well an OK month compared to others. We have kept the cup run going and I'm confident we can beat Forest Green in the replay. The league is also looking very close and a few bad/good results could shoot us up or down the table. I think I have made some good signings that will help the club out, the majority being young. However there are 1 or 2 older players which will bring much needed expierence to the club.​

February update

1zv97aq.png

United Strike Cup Upset
2z6gz9k.jpg

Hayes and Yeading have knocked Forest Green out of the FA Trophy in the 3rd round today. A total of 191 fans saw Edwin Ellis end his run without scoring in the 6th minute. Forest Green looked to get back into the game and with Josh Craddock got them level with a close range header on the 28th. The game looked to be heading into extra time with only a few good chances falling to Hayes & Yeading. It took a stroke of genius by Andrejs Stolcers to break the deadlock. The winger ran from within his own half to finish a well placed shot. From here Forest Green never looked like getting back into the game. Cedric Evina then scored in the last minute to end the game for good. The Missioners now face Hinckley in the next round.​

Histon 2-0 Hayes & Yeading
View attachment 55849
A very unfortunate score here. We deserved so much more from the game and were unlucky not to get a win let alone a draw. It was another game of not getting enough shots on target. I'm dissapointed and I hope we can bounce straight back from this.

Hayes & Yeading 1-1 Grays
View attachment 55835
Not a bad result I guess. I had expected us to beat Grays but a draw was a fair result over the 90 mins. There were no clear cut chances and we had the majority of the possesion but we could not convert this into goals.

Hayes & Yeading 1-0 Gateshead
View attachment 55834
Finally a win! It is what we deserved from the game and we could of even scored more. This was a first win in the league for a while and it was much needed. Robert Gradwell got the goal from a beautiful tam move with Evina getting the assist.

Salisbury 0-0 Hayes & Yeading
View attachment 55850
Now i really expected us to win this game. Both teams had a lot of chances but the goalkeepers were on top form to prevent a goal from going in. Yet again we had the better possesion but could not convert it. Gradwell had the greatest chance but put the ball wide from a very close range.

Hinckley 1-2 Hayes & Yeading
FA Trophy 4th Rnd

View attachment 55848
A fairly good result against a team even the media thought we would win! We controlled the game and maybe should of scored more than what we did. Hinckley did have a brief spell were they looked deadly but our defence held up well and handled the pressure well.

Grays 3-1 Hayes & Yeading
View attachment 55832
I did not see this result coming. We had the better chances and looked like the team more likely to score. But as soon as Grays scored it seemed we fell apart upfront and in defence. Most attacks they had they scored from or were very close. Efe Echanomi gave us a glimmer of hope but Grays soon demolished this with another goal.

Hayes & Yeading 1-0 Mansfield
View attachment 55847
Scott Fitzgerlad's goal gave us the win infront of our many fans (360 to be exact). I didn't think we would win this but the team proved me wrong with a fantastic result. The game was pretty much even but for once we had the better final touch.

League Table
View attachment 55831
We haven't had a dramatic change in the league since last month. With little league game to go we need to move up the table and fast

Player Of The Month
View attachment 55830
The new signing Sagi Burton has been very solid at the back. Him and Cadmore have been the rock of the team this month and im very glad that we picked him up after facing some competition. The centre back has finished the month with 1 assist.

Month Review
A better month than lasts I think. We are still mid table but I hope we can slowly move up the table. We are looking very good in the cub and I hope I can bring some silverware to the club. O and this is what came in at the start of the month...
View attachment 55851

March & April Update
qq5zc3.jpg

United Strike Again
34pe3bs.jpg

Hayes & Yeading have caused the upset of the FA Trophy and beaten Oxford in the Semi-final of the cup. The Missioners looked to be out after the side lost 2-0 away in the 1st leg but with a 3-0 at home they have progressed through. Many thought that Oxford were going to win the game confortably but that was not to be. Oxford never loooked confortable during the game and United looked capatilized on this. However it took up till the injury time in the first half for Colin Henderson to score a well placed shot from outside the box. As soon as Hayes & Yeading came out from half time it was clear they wanted to score, and soon. Within 1 minute Gradwell score which drew the scores on aggregate. Oxford knew that they would have to try and control the game to stop the momentum of United but this was not to be. They crumbled under more pressure and Henderson scored his second of the game. Oxford never looked like getting back into the game and Hayes & Yeading held on to the historic 3-0 win and are through to the final against Mansfield. Supporter Spokesperson Danny Douglas has this to say:
Danny Douglas said:
I am lost for words. No one saw this happening but we are all loving it. I would like to thank Barber for taking the club here and also to thank Henderson for putting us through with 2 wonderful goals. I just wish we could sign him permanently as he has great talent
Henderson goes back to Arsenal at the end of April​
View attachment 56543

hukmdv.png

Hayes & Yeading In Playoff's
_42723441_wembley416.jpg

Hayes & Yeading have done what many thought was impossible. Others would of onlydreamed of this monent but The Missioners have finished in a playoff position. At the end of February the team were 7 places away from 5th with 6 points the gap. However a magnificent run has seen them progress up the league slowly and get the last place. With only 3 points seperating them and 9th place Oxford it came down right until the final minute. Lots of people are crediting Tom Barber as one of the main reasons they have qualified. He had this to say:
Tom Barber said:
I am so happy for this club. We have a fantastic fan base and I'm just thrilled. I always thought that this was possible however at some points in the season I did have doubts. But the lads have proven people wrong and even me at some points. Cadmore has been an excellent captain and the guys have got behind him. I also thank players such as Freeman and Henderson who, despite being at the club for a short time, have left a massive impact. I hope we can now go on and win it and be in league 2 for the new season!
Hayes & Yeading face a tough fixture against 2nd place Rushden in the semi-final.​
Lots of fans thank one player for putting the club where they are now. Conor Henderson:
View attachment 56546 View attachment 56541
At the end of the league season this is how the table stands:
View attachment 56540
These are the results that have put The Missioners where they are and the fixtures to come:
View attachment 56542

23sape8.jpg
_42916971_wembley_fans416.jpg

Barber Leads Club To History
Hayes and Yeading have won the FA Trophy with a 2-0 win against Mansfield. The game was held at the famous Wembley stadium and a total of 22262 fans where there to watch The Missioners record the win. The game was quite slow to begin with; Mansfield tried to control the game and had the majority of possesion. But a tackle from Cedric Evina brought on a counter attack. With 3 Hayes & Yeading players against 2 Mansfield defenders the goal seemed to be on. Evina cut the ball inside provided a delightful threw ball into the path of Robert Gradwell who scored against Michael Jordan in the 42nd minute. It was the same story in the 2nd half with Mansfield trying to keep the ball and build up towards the opposition goal with slow and steady play. Matthew Duffy was sent off due to 2 clumsy challenges and 2 yellow cards. This was a bit of hope for The Stags. As they piled forward a good chance fell to Kyle Perry who shot wide. It did not seem to be Mansfield's day and Kyle Fraser-Allen piled on the misery with another goal in the 82nd minute. Many fans are praising the team and manager, Tom Barber's, tactics since he took over. He had this to say:
Tom Barber said:
Well I am obviously delighted. I really wanted to gain some silverware with this club but I did not expect it coming from the 1st season! The team performed exceptionally in all areas. I think we restricted Mansfield to just 4 shots and none of them were on target! Unfortunatly Duffy got sent off and he is not pleased with himself for this but I'm sure he will get over it and be back to his normal self in no time. We now have to look towards the playoff's and hope we can win yet another final.

b5k4g0.png
9u8z2w.jpg

The Fans Were Delighted
Super United Strike Again
Yet again Hayes & Yeading have defied the odds and beaten Rushden 2-0, 4-2 on aggregate, to go through to the playoff Final. After The Missioners secured a 2-2 draw at home many people thought that they would be facing a trashing when the travelled to Nene Park. But it looked as if they had not read the script and came out guns blazing at a Rushden team who were unbeaten in 11 games! Sam Smith had one great opportunity to put The Diamons 1-0 up early on but Shea denied him with a fantastic save. The 25 minute was the time the game was turned upside down as Efe Echanomi got a goal. The game went from bad to worse for Rushden as their right-back, Curtis Osano, got a straight red card for a terrible, last man challenge outside the box in the 42 minute. It was clear from the start of the second half that Rushden wanted to score early on and this could of been their down fall. While pushing too many players forward a ball kicked up by Shea fell to Michael Standing who ran past the keeper and tucked the ball away. No more real chances fell for either team after that and Hayes & Yeading were happy to see out, yet another, historic victory for the club. They now face Stevenage in the final at Wembley.

I will try update again soon, but due to exams tomorrow I may not be updating for around a week. I will try my best to finish the season however ;)