The Mr Hough Wants a Job With SI tactic.

mrhough

Reaction score
Yes i do, But hey don't we all....

Taking on from my Most successful tactic which was made for FM10.3, I have decided to try and recreate that tactic within FM11.

After releasing my 4-1-2-1-2 to very mixed response i went back to basics to think about what i actually wanted from my sides instead of just putting the slidders in a position and basicly hoping for the best. I thought about how i made my tactics in FM10 and i made them just by thinking about how i wanted every player to play on the pitch and try and recreate that in FM somehow. Luckily for me it worked brilliantly.

So that is the Idea, Completly thinking about every player and what he brings to the team, Thats what i thought about the most what i want my team to play like, I know it is a massive plus if you can get your team to play very attacking football but it's hard to do this without keeping the defensive base, So whay i have tried to do is complety balance this, It's been ahrd but i think i have acheived this.

Putting the idea into effect however was not as hard as i thought.

Here is some screens.

TottenhamFinalTactic.jpg

I'll upload more screens as i continue my Tottenham career

All the Infomation you need is here.

Player Filers.

The player Filters are a great tool basicaly what they do is search for all the attributes for the players that i woulod recommend for these 2 tactics.

How to set them up is very simple here is a guide incase some of you don't know.

1. Download the Filters and Place them in your desktop.
2. The file is a Rar file so you need the program called Win Rar to open it, Don't worry it's a free program and very simple to use if you don't have it already.
3. So you have winrar open the file and move the filters to...Mydocuments/SportsInteractive/Footballmanager2011/Filters - If there isn't a Folder called Filters just create one again very easy to do.
4. Now you have your Filters in Place go into Football manager - Go to Player Search and click on Filter - Then Manage Filters - Then Click on Import, All the Filters should be there.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/450947

You get a better goal Ratio if you invert your strikers - That means Left Footed Strikers on the Right side and Right Footed Strikers on the Left Side. You don't have to do this but it does help a little bit. Even better if your strikers Curls and Places the ball as Prefered Moves.

Match Preparation is up to you, Or you can leave it to your Assistant Manager.

Team Talks Either do them yourself or if you want your Assistant Manager to do them make sure he has good Stats in Motivation Man Management and Determination.

Pitch Size is Minimum.

No opposition Instructions at all

Idealy this is how you should set up Corners

Left Footed Player Takes Right Sided Corners
Right Footed Player Takes Left Sided Corners

Thats it - You should score a healthy amout from free-kicks and corners from this set up

Don't forget to add me on Face book. I often give out Beta version of my latest tactics to people to try so if you want my tactics before anyone else - Get Me ADDED!

http://en-gb.facebook.com/people/Dave-Hough/723618006

I am undecided about which is the best tactic i have so i am gonna release Two.

The first one is i think more defensive based but still is awesome i used this mostly in my Tottenham save.

http://www.mediafire.com/?k3r35jdenchm4vf

This one more attacking, Still awesome though and this is what the tactic i had but my testers thought it needed to be more defensive hence the other tactic.

I do think that this tactic is the best alround but as i say the other is slightly more defensive.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2122l6wkmxfsmdq

There you go then all the Infomation you need and the tactics.

I'm going to give this tactic a go with Benfica and see how it goes. i will let you know.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

actually as napoli

going to test the attacking tactic with ac milan, btw your complete dominance tactic has given me very good results and sexy football with both Lille OSC and AC Milan

Have to say Hough, the attacking side is spot on. Though I did just lose 5-4 to my reserves with the attacking tactic. Bit shameful tbh.
Defensively, if used with a smaller team I'd be scared of being over-run. Ive included some wingbacks now (Better at defending wings on 11.3) and its starting to be better defensively, whilst they also support the attack. Once I've tweaked to the point where I'm happy I'll post it up here if thats sweet?

tried it with my young hercules team..

1st match vs lavente = 5-1 (w)
2nd match vs deportivo = 1-0 (w) << created tons of chances.

Attacking wise, its awesome! defensive wise still ok.. i tend to switch formation once i'm one goal up.. anyway.. good formation.. good job..

I'm using this formation with my FC Eindhoven team for a full season only 7 games to go and I'm 1st and in the semi-finals of the Dutch Cup. Working really well for me, it has given me victories over top teams such as Ajax 2-0.

I was wondering what kind of training schedules would go best with this tactic, I've tried making my own and testin a few other off this site. any suggestions?

Thanks tactic is great.

I notice in the OP that it mentions plenty of goals from free-kicks and corners. Does this use the corner bug exploit then? Ending up with a defender with 20+ goals a season?

Or is the success based more on good general play than set-pieces?

I notice in the OP that it mentions plenty of goals from free-kicks and corners. Does this use the corner bug exploit then? Ending up with a defender with 20+ goals a season?

Or is the success based more on good general play than set-pieces?

There isnt a corner bug anymore. You can get a decent return of goals from free kicks and corners though if you set them up correctly, nothing unrealistic though.

Already downloaded this from si forums and it is great, winning most games at least 2 or 3-0

Looks great,but one question...Why is the second tactic called after Wrestlemania??lol

Mr. Hough, I can barely express enough gratitude for your return to tactics making! Being a Manchester United fan for +25 years and raised on a 4-4-2 way of thinking, yours (10.3) is the only tactic I ever enjoyed playing outside of that system in my 15+ years of CM/FM gaming. And now you are BACK!

I have had immense success with Leverkusen, Manchester United, Yeovil, Aberdeen, Paris Saint-Germain, Fredrikstad, Everton and Atletico Madrid (yeah, been ill all through the winter, enough time in front of the screen) on FM 2011, but with the introduction of 11.3 I have struggled immensely. 3 seasons with PSG went horribly wrong and my first season with Schalke was a true failure (8th in the league is the only thing worth mentioning).

Then with two matches to go I tried your new tactic. It didn't work out too well, my team was lacking in confidence and team spirit. But in the new season I am now 1st after half a season, 12 w, 3 d, 2 l, 40 goals scored, 10 conceded. I have little money and have not been able to strengthen the team much, though I've tied down Neuer, Höwedes and Farfan to long term contracts.

You are one of very few FM players online that come across as a thinking man, someone with a sense of humour but also an air of solid research behind him. It's most appreciated and you should know that not all FM fans are kids who wanna win the league with their fave teams, some of us are genuinely interested in enjoying the "virtual reality" of the game (though incapable of making good tactics on our own).

Thanks a lot, I will update once the second season is over.

---------- Post added 27/04/2011 at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was 26/04/2011 at 01:41 AM ----------

Won the league, unbeaten in the last 22 matches. W 23, D 9, L 2. 81-24 goal difference.

As I am writing this we are up 5-0 to half time agains Wolfsburg in the first league match of the the third season. Farfan and Huntelaar playing very well the last 8 months, now partnered up front by a 15 year old newgen who scored 2 in the cup (against second div. team) and 1 in this match, so far. Many young central midfield talents in the club, as long as I can keep my goalie (just signed a 5 year contract) and avoid copying real life, all will be well.

Just won my second premiership with Bournemouth using this tactc in 2021. Won my first in 2019 with the 10.2 tactic. Also in FA Cup and CL finals. Top job!